Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2014, 09:44 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,445,295 times

Advertisements

I see pretty women with ugly men all the time. Particularly with respect to interracial relationships. It is nothing new under the sun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2014, 09:50 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,300,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Look at JayZ, Donald Trump, Rick Ocasek, Bernie Ecclestone, etc.; there are countless couples where the woman is hot and the guy is not even slightly attractive.
They're famous lol. I'm talking about ordinary non famous people.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
They're famous lol. I'm talking about ordinary non famous people.
I see ordinary, non famous men, who probably do not have any money, with beautiful women all the time.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:32 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
I didn't realize that "pretty women" said anything. What do "ugly guys" say?

Old 05-18-2014, 10:43 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,599,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
I see pretty women with ugly men all the time. Particularly with respect to interracial relationships. It is nothing new under the sun.
Oh really?

Old 05-18-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Oh really?
Absolutely. Somebody has to do it.

And why not, if that guy does it for you I don't see what the issue is. Beauty isn't everything. A lot of the beautiful people I've known over the years are either sociopaths, loons, or just plain out crazy. If a man is confident in himself, his abilities, and what he has to offer a woman why wouldn't a beautiful woman want to be with him?

Men wanting desperately to be with a beautiful woman, because they've never experienced it for themselves, do not know the half of what they're getting themselves into if they just accept any beautiful woman at face value without seeing what they're all about first. A lot of guys stick around anyway, but hey, they're grown men more than capable of taking care of themselves.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:52 AM

2,209 posts, read 2,315,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
From my observation and experience. It's not pretty women that are shallow. It's the average looking women that are shallow to a greater degree. If. A woman that is a 5 or a 6 in looks what type of guy she is going to go for? Definitely not an average looking guy. Most Most average women I know and even in my family and social network go for really physically attractive guys. Personality, income is not a problem for these women and mainly judge a guy buy the cover of his book before reading. For me I want an average looking woman but I generally get really hot or at times unattractive women. The unattractive women from my experience have nice a heart. Over the years I realized average woman do not want an average man. If an average looking woman is with a very good looking guy it just boost her appearance, ego and self-esteem.
I tend to agree with your assessment of average-looking women expecting to get attractive guys. You see that on online dating sites, where an average-looking woman will lay out her must-meet requirements in a potential mate. Besides the usual income/educational requirements, you'll notice the physical requirements that these average yet highly demanding women seek: tall, 'attractive', nice teeth, nice smile, smooth skin, etc. Many seem to make super-model-like demands while being housed in an everyday-Jane body. It's this sense of entitlement and irrationality that many women have (especially online) that is repugnant.
But I'm sure guys are the same way, so I realize it isn't just women.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:55 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,156,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter921 View Post
why do women say their not about looks, and that looks dont mean much. but when you got outside and see them, their boyfriends are not ugly or even average? i dont get it, i thought they were about personality ?
Are these the same pretty women who also say that money does not matter, yet have never worked a real day in their lives because some man - or series of men - are buying everything they need for them?

Unfortunately not everything these women people say is what they truly believe. It just sounds good to them when they hear it coming out of their mouthes and helps them sleep at night. These are women who think of themselves as "queens, princesses, and divas," and feel that you are lucky that they even bother to acknowledge you, let alone speak to you.

But cheer up, for ever 3 or 4 of these women, you might meet one or two who actually believe these things. In fact, you may meet one of the few women out there who are absolutely beautiful - yet they themselves don't even know it. There are more - I think - of the second group of women around, but unfortunately they are overshadowed by those in the first group.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:58 AM

231 posts, read 264,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter921 View Post
why do women say their not about looks, and that looks dont mean much. but when you got outside and see them, their boyfriends are not ugly or even average? i dont get it, i thought they were about personality ?

How are you so sure ugly guys ALL have good personality? and good looking guys have bad personality?

Maybe all the pretty girls you are observing, found good looking guys with good personalities ... Unless if you know all of them personaly, which is a different story

Old 05-18-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
I tend to agree with your assessment of average-looking women expecting to get attractive guys. You see that on online dating sites, where an average-looking woman will lay out her must-meet requirements in a potential mate. Besides the usual income/educational requirements, you'll notice the physical requirements that these average yet highly demanding women seek: tall, 'attractive', nice teeth, nice smile, smooth skin, etc. Many seem to make super-model-like demands while being housed in an everyday-Jane body. It's this sense of entitlement and irrationality that many women have (especially online) that is repugnant.
But I'm sure guys are the same way, so I realize it isn't just women.
A lot of average looking people, men or women, aren't bringing anything to the table. Not to say that beautiful people are, but dating sites have been sold as a way for anyone to date above their means, confidence, or abilities, and enough people get lucky on them that the rest of us think it is a viable option, when what we should really be doing is working on ourselves and learning from our mistakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships