Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 06:50 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
Men don't marry no good women? El oh el.

I didn't say that. I said it's mostly women who marry these dead beats from what I have seen. 'pretty' people period, are likely shallow regardless if man or woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 06:54 PM

589 posts, read 639,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I didn't say that. I said it's mostly women who marry these dead beats from what I have seen. 'pretty' people period, are likely shallow regardless if man or woman.

Men marry deadbeats as often as women do. Un/deremployed, promiscuous, etc. These types of women marry all the time.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Men marry deadbeats as often as women do. Un/deremployed, promiscuous, etc. These types of women marry all the time.

Far as I'm concerned they don't 'as often'. beleive what you want though and I'll do the same.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:57 PM

589 posts, read 639,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Far as I'm concerned they don't. beleive what you want though and I'll do the same.

If you choose to believe men don't do it as often, I consider you to be quite clueless. Or intentionally disingenuous.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
If you choose to believe men don't do it as often, I consider you to be quite clueless. Or intentionally disingenuous.

either way no where else to go with the convo; you have your beliefs and i have mine.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:58 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,425,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter921 View Post
why do women say their not about looks, and that looks dont mean much. but when you got outside and see them, their boyfriends are not ugly or even average? i dont get it, i thought they were about personality ?
Warning, I'm A Nice Guy whining ahead...

Old 05-19-2014, 07:05 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Exactly. And "having the advantage" applies to a minority of women. Most women don't have the kind of looks men are willing to pay good money for. Most women have no advantage. They fall outside this scenario altogether.
Here it is again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
Bingo! Women have a huge advantage because most men place a premium on physical attractiveness and are willing to 'pay' for the privilege of having an attractive mate.
It's not that most women receive it. It's that he says most men place that premium in the first place. He's talking about MEN. Even if all the men who chose to do this were after the same woman, women as a whole would "benefit", so to speak (unless that one woman were somehow able to be with ALL those men). A woman doesn't have to be a 10 to manipulate men with her looks, just like I don't have the be the richest guy in the world to use money to manipute women.

Edit: You're trying too hard to make a "not ALL women" argument. He's not just referring to the kind of women that can have everything paid for. But until (and if) he ever comes back tell you otherwise, we're just going to have to agree to disagree.

Last edited by Hivemind31; 05-19-2014 at 07:16 PM..

Old 05-19-2014, 07:10 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,416,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter921 View Post
why do women say their not about looks, and that looks dont mean much. but when you got outside and see them, their boyfriends are not ugly or even average? i dont get it, i thought they were about personality ?
I've seen plenty of pretty women with not so cute dudes.

Look at Beyonce and Jay Z.

Old 05-20-2014, 12:34 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Exactly. And "having the advantage" applies to a minority of women. Most women don't have the kind of looks men are willing to pay good money for. Most women have no advantage. They fall outside this scenario altogether.
I agree with this. Or rather, I think it's a wash on the particular factor of attractiveness.

What women do have as an advantage, though, is sex...which makes nearly all women attractive to a great variety of men.

Old 05-20-2014, 12:37 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
What women do have as an advantage, though, is sex...which makes nearly all women attractive to a great variety of men.
No. Men don't approach any random women, just because they have female genitalia. It doesn't work that way. Not by a long shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships