Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 04:56 PM

45,323 posts, read 60,500,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Good grief.

We need to get srjth over here so we can have a threesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 05:05 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
If I was single and an offer like this come along I'd jump on it.

Old 05-16-2014, 05:09 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
We need to get srjth over here so we can have a threesome.
Haha........I don't do them.You and srjth can get it on.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:03 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
here you are years later wondering about it...

a byproduct of being a talented male musician is getting *it* thrown at you

we're not even talking pop-rock-rap music either where its usually alot of 'suspect' women groupies trying to make some kind of comeup

I would think in your genre the women might be better quality and less used used
Byproduct???

More like an "at-risk job hazard".

This was in our early 20's so we might as well have been teens.

I should clarify. She didn't drag me into the closet and immediately start begging. We were alone and it started with some innocent kissing which then escalated after several minutes, whereupon she whispered "make love to me". Oh, for just a few gift-horses like that before I kick off...!!

Old 05-17-2014, 05:03 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,307,468 times
I'm with Ruth. There is no prerogative that a man has to participate. We can feel out of it or picky or not desiring the offering. It gives the opinion we can't be wooed, seduced, taken, or taken seriously. Just as women say no, men should be able to say no. Were the tables switched, the guy would just move on. She has too. And it is many years later. Virtue is still virtue. There is no shame or regret. We often think of the road less traveled. This was a cross-road not taken. Reminds us we are desirable at our lowest, when we are still holding out for the best.

Hi-fives in the hallway, and we continue on our paths.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:14 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I used to be a pretty good pianist/composer in my time. And some of my classical music compositions are still on the web to this day.

A memory popped into my head about a girl I liked a lot way back when who liked me, but not as much as I liked her. After a concert I gave of some of my music which was warmly received, and in all the compliments and adulation I was receiving at the reception, her emotions suddenly changed from lukewarm to white-hot when we got alone afterwards, at her insistence I recall. She started begging me to make love to her. At first I thought it was the opportunity of a lifetime and reciprocated with kisses for a few moments, but for some reason I suddenly changed my mind and explained I couldn't do it because I thought she was reacting in the heat of passion over an illusion of me and not because she really liked me enough to want to do it otherwise, and might regret it later.

As I recall she was taken aback, maybe even somewhat insulted, but I do remember she never gave any warmth to me after that night, in fact she acted as if I didn't exist. The relationship crumbled.

If a girl you like wants to "do it" in the heat of the moment do her emotions dictate that if you know what best for your relationship with her you'd better give her what she wants? I know this is a minefield--a girl could hate you later for what she perceives as you taking advantage of her when she's weak, and I realize she was an adult who could make her own decisions. But that's from the outside looking in. When a guy is face-to-face with a volitile situation such as this: take advantage of girl who's in a state of strong passion when he knows it could either be something she'd regret afterwards OR it could be the most powerful romantic experience of her life, what should he do? Advise from the women in this case would be most welcomed.
Yes, do it, ALWAYS (unless you're not attracted to her).

Old 05-18-2014, 08:27 AM

101 posts, read 107,139 times
What's better than roses on your piano? Tulips on your organ!

Old 05-18-2014, 08:31 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Eh. If you didn't think the interest was legit, I can see why you turned her down. I get that turning down sex for any reason isn't typical of or popular with most guys, but whatever. Live like you wanna live, and if a girl who's into you briefly and due to particular circumstances (you just did something she thought was cool, whoo!), but not likely to be interested in the long run doesn't appeal to you, good for you. At least you know yourself. Understand that most of the male respondents hassling you on this thread are the type that would never turn down sex for any reason, and they don't really get anybody who would. It is what it is.

Out of curiosity, how long ago did all this transpire? If you're still wrapped up in it years later, I don't know what to tell you.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:53 AM

589 posts, read 638,872 times
So it's okay for a woman to turn sex but if a guy turns it down, there's something wrong with him?

Old 05-18-2014, 07:57 PM

338 posts, read 384,662 times
Yep, I'd inspect just to see how much as well.

Eddie Money ~ Gimme' Some Water with lyrics - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships