Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 05:41 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The women on here are a little more indicative of "normal" people here.

I don't know why so many guys here are the way they are... IDK.... I've said this before, but due to my job I have to interact with a lot of younger guys and all of them seem somewhat normal and nothing like you see here, there is just a huge percentage of younger bitter guys on this forum... I've actually spent some time trying to figure it out, I have a problem solving obsessive personality so it preys on my subconscious.

I've got a few theories about what it is and it's not a simple one word answer.

The women here seem to be quite a bit more balanced than the men.

Why... again, I have a few theories that dove tail in from the other theories....

But whatever...
Generally speaking, men are likely to have it tougher in the dating market, hence why you see so many bitter guys complaining.

Old 05-17-2014, 05:57 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The women on here are a little more indicative of "normal" people here.

I don't know why so many guys here are the way they are... IDK.... I've said this before, but due to my job I have to interact with a lot of younger guys and all of them seem somewhat normal and nothing like you see here, there is just a huge percentage of younger bitter guys on this forum... I've actually spent some time trying to figure it out, I have a problem solving obsessive personality so it preys on my subconscious.

I've got a few theories about what it is and it's not a simple one word answer.

The women here seem to be quite a bit more balanced than the men.

Why... again, I have a few theories that dove tail in from the other theories....

But whatever...
-You've never had anybody hit on you/asked you out/called you physically attractive.

-You have been rejected by a number of women where you thought it was a great mutual fit.

-You have been rejected by dozens upon dozens more where you were attracted but they weren't.

I think that sums up experiences that would frustrate a person.

Of course, what you call bitter, I call frustrated. And it comes and goes. I think it's pretty easy to see how a person who has had those experiences has spells of frustration.

If you haven't noticed, the 'bitter' posters tend to come and go.

It's hard for me to see how people can't see it. You have one poster saying they've almost never been able to physically attract a member of the opposite sex in their life, and another who has had attention their whole life calling the first poster a whiny loser. That to me, is even more confounding.

If it were a person who had never gotten any attention telling the same guys to ****, that makes a little bit more sense.

Old 05-17-2014, 06:08 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
Generally speaking, men are likely to have it tougher in the dating market, hence why you see so many bitter guys complaining.
I can understand that, but you got to remember there are a lot of fat dumpy ugly girls that don't have tons of guys beating on their doorstep as well.

Old 05-17-2014, 06:12 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
-You've never had anybody hit on you/asked you out/called you physically attractive.

-You have been rejected by a number of women where you thought it was a great mutual fit.

-You have been rejected by dozens upon dozens more where you were attracted but they weren't.

I think that sums up experiences that would frustrate a person.

Of course, what you call bitter, I call frustrated. And it comes and goes. I think it's pretty easy to see how a person who has had those experiences has spells of frustration.

If you haven't noticed, the 'bitter' posters tend to come and go.

It's hard for me to see how people can't see it. You have one poster saying they've almost never been able to physically attract a member of the opposite sex in their life, and another who has had attention their whole life calling the first poster a whiny loser. That to me, is even more confounding.

If it were a person who had never gotten any attention telling the same guys to ****, that makes a little bit more sense.
Ladies should flock to you, you are a sweetheart. Ask ladies out!

-funny
-animal lover
-smart
-nerdy cute
-nice

Old 05-17-2014, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Ladies should flock to you, you are a sweetheart. Ask ladies out!

-funny
-animal lover
-smart
-nerdy cute
-nice
This is the nonsense boys are fed from kindergarten. Then you wonder why there are so many nice guys complaining they don't get women.

Old 05-17-2014, 06:30 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
Thoughts?

It is clear that men of C-D don't represent men in general. Men here are considered angry, short, frustrated, women-bashing, etc etc.

So how about the women of C-D? Do they represent women in general?
No single group of women is representative of women in general. Did that ever occur to you? People are diverse. PEOPLE. Some women are immature and run after status or money, and the party scene. Others are more introverted and/or intellectually-oriented. Some are mature at an early age. Others...not. But usually by the 30's, and more so in the 40's, women (like men) know what they want and don't want out of life.

C-D women seem to be more down-to-earth. You don't see too many party girls here. So in that sense, they don't represent the full spectrum of mindsets young guys might run into in day-to-day life. We seem to be low on airheads here, too...

Old 05-17-2014, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No single group of women is representative of women in general. Did that ever occur to you? People are diverse. PEOPLE. Some women are immature and run after status or money, and the party scene. Others are more introverted and/or intellectually-oriented. Some are mature at an early age. Others...not. But usually by the 30's, and more so in the 40's, women (like men) know what they want and don't want out of life.

C-D women seem to be more down-to-earth. You don't see too many party girls here. So in that sense, they don't represent the full spectrum of mindsets young guys might run into in day-to-day life. We seem to be low on airheads here, too...
Partying, maturity, intelligence and down to earth are not traits that are mutually exclusive of each other

Old 05-17-2014, 06:40 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,609,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I would think a lot of the party girls are out partying, not posting on C-D on a Saturday night.

I've been working on the yard all day and don't have the energy for more than a little net surfing and a movie on DVD.

I don't always know the gender of posters, I haven't seen a lot of bashing of either gender. Maybe I don't read those forums.

Anyway, have a great evening! (female, 50-something here)

Old 05-17-2014, 06:40 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
This is the nonsense boys are fed from kindergarten. Then you wonder why there are so many nice guys complaining they don't get women.
It isn't nonsense.And I was talking to someone else......weird.

Anyway it's true.

Old 05-17-2014, 06:41 PM

12 posts, read 7,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
Thoughts?

It is clear that men of C-D don't represent men in general. Men here are considered angry, short, frustrated, women-bashing, etc etc.

So how about the women of C-D? Do they represent women in general?

We all have perception bias but perhaps this place magnifies it a little.

Makes everyone seem a little nuts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships