Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 04:57 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,643,129 times

Advertisements

I think it's more so the culture that's so detestable, not the age. There are 45 year olds who get similar criticism here if they partake in a culture of being proud of being promiscuous, irresponsible sperm slingers.

It is quite degenerate and immature in my opinion, but I'd be a hypocrite to act as if I never was a card-carrying FWB, one-night-stander myself when I was in my early college years. You have to end the stupidity at some point though.

Old 05-18-2014, 05:03 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Bull View Post
Young dudes have casual sex it's a normal thing.
Quote:
So partying and having sex with no commitments are such horrible things?
When they make foolish decisions that have known consequences, then come on here to play victim it just doesn't fly.

I have 2 teenage boys and they don't act like foolish, irresponsible nimrods. I have no issue with younger folks who take responsibility for their actions.

If you make poor choices, you won't be getting a pat on the back, someone to exclaim "it's their fault, not yours!" and a trophy for it. I realize that is how your generation was raised, but that is not reality.

Old 05-18-2014, 05:07 PM

43 posts, read 47,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
When they make foolish decisions that have known consequences, then come on here to play victim it just doesn't fly.

I have 2 teenage boys and they don't act like foolish, irresponsible nimrods. I have no issue with younger folks who take responsibility for their actions.

If you make poor choices, you won't be getting a pat on the back, someone to exclaim "it's their fault, not yours!" and a trophy for it. I realize that is how your generation was raised, but that is not reality.
Kids do things behind their parents' back. My parents tried to be strict with me it didn't work.

Old 05-18-2014, 05:09 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
People here just relentlessly bash young guys on here like nobody's business. What is with all this hatred? It's almost as if it's a crime to be a young male.
We only bash the young guys who post idiotically, or who are hostile towards women. Like the guy who posted a thread about internet catfish incidents, but he only picked the ones where women were suckered, and used it to bash women relentlessly. As if men don't get suckered, too.

Or guys who post that women are just after money (usually it's guys who are unemployed or in minimum-wage jobs who rant about this), and status. Guys who post with an agenda, an axe to grind, who have no sincere interest in listening to opposing opinions or receiving advice. They're just posting to rant about the opposite sex. That isn't the purpose of this forum (see TOS).

Teen and 20-something guys who really do want help are treated kindly.

Old 05-18-2014, 05:11 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Kids do things behind their parents' back. My parents tried to be strict with me it didn't work.
And? So did I when I was younger, however I knew when something was a stupid idea.

It's not about being strict. It's about teaching them and grooming them to be responsible members of society. If someone thinks being strict will produce those results, they are mistaken. I guess that possibly explains what happened in your case?

Old 05-18-2014, 05:14 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,143,927 times
I hate to say these things, but a lot of males in their teens and twenties have yet to pay their dues and expect the world to cave in to their demands. I majority of these males would be better used as parking stops.

Old 05-18-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
And? So did I when I was younger, however I knew when something was a stupid idea.

It's not about being strict. It's about teaching them and grooming them to be responsible members of society. If someone thinks being strict will produce those results, they are mistaken. I guess that possibly explains what happened in your case?
My parents played by the rules and have nothing to show for it. My dad worked in the plant got payed crap and died from cancer stemming from his job. My mom thinks that Jesus can solve all her problems. I was disgusted by how the older generation does things so I decided to live the opposite of my parents.

Old 05-18-2014, 05:17 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
As a young man who is unintentionally potentially looking at 18 years of child support.... I'm not sure you want to defend your lifestyle.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-18-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
As a young man who is unintentionally potentially looking at 18 years of child support.... I'm not sure you want to defend your lifestyle.
Nope I'm not going to have to pay a cent

Old 05-18-2014, 05:23 PM

20 posts, read 48,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
I hate to say these things, but a lot of males in their teens and twenties have yet to pay their dues and expect the world to cave in to their demands. I majority of these males would be better used as parking stops.
Most young males are so soft that they get paper cuts from touching charmin tissue!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships