Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Live in lie or Be faithful to truth
Live a lie forever 5 20.00%
Be faithful to truth and brave 20 80.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 09:46 PM

43 posts, read 167,298 times

Advertisements

I'm just browsing through the threads and this one caught my eye. Here's the thing about love from my observations anyways. When you first fall in love and get married etc. there is always a sense of euphoria. But the hard truth is that as time goes by no matter how much you love someone that feeling doesn't seem to ever last once you get into the "daily grind" of life with that person, and the initial illusion of grandeur wears off. A big problem with people getting divorced so often and remarrying multiple times is that when the feeling does "dim" in your relationship/marriage you automatically think, "Oh shoot! Maybe I don't love them after all, maybe I made a mistake!". Then you try to go out and find that initial feeling again with someone else if you haven't already. But what happens when the butterflies and stars goes away, they gain 20 pounds and it drives you crazy when they stick their tongue out when they are concentrating? (Yes, my husband sticks his tongue out when he mowes the grass or does anything requiring focus whatsoever, and yes...it's drives me bonkers.) Just a thought. If you honest to God don't love your spouse and will only be happy with this new love then by all means end your relationship for your wife's sake and go get her! Just be sure with your decision and the consequences of doing so before you throw it all away. You won't be able to take it back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 11:50 PM

314 posts, read 719,045 times
Truth is the best path but you want to be sure you are ready for the fall out. As the previous poster said-you can't take it back. If you don't love someone why continue to build a life together? There is a difference between getting a reality check about the current relationship and having no feelings of love for the other person. Just move slow and be sure before you act-there is NO WAY to unring the bell in a situation like you describe.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:17 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,434,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenmom7500 View Post
But ... clearly there's more to it. Plus, how do we know that the first scenario would work out or that the second scenario couldn't change and improve over time?
Ok, these are words of reason

but reason is not everything, because what is in the heart is beyond reason.

so what about just feeling the beat? following intuition and pure feeling and having faith, strong faith!

what about before even meeting this person, your heart was already telling you that even it is a pretty decent relationship, you should break free.

obviously this was a relationship with no marriage yet or kids, but if it had continued it would end like that.

God no! I rather risk loosing everything for faith and intuition.

My life's like that, I've never felt afraid to pull into the unknown depths I know that God will be with me whatever the outcome is

Old 12-13-2007, 04:37 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,998,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
huh? goldenmom are you alright?!!! i dont understand any of your post (with the you (we) You (us) stuff!

Ya, aren't I just sooo smart? yes (we, you) agree? vote on my poll.

Old 12-13-2007, 04:41 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,998,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Ok, these are words of reason

but reason is not everything, because what is in the heart is beyond reason.

so what about just feeling the beat? following intuition and pure feeling and having faith, strong faith!

what about before even meeting this person, your heart was already telling you that even it is a pretty decent relationship, you should break free.

obviously this was a relationship with no marriage yet or kids, but if it had continued it would end like that.

God no! I rather risk loosing everything for faith and intuition.

My life's like that, I've never felt afraid to pull into the unknown depths I know that God will be with me whatever the outcome is

I'll give you rep points for that. Personally, I've been in a situation where someone said he didn't love me and I literally asked him to just pretend he did (me: puddle on the ground). I've never been in a situation where I was tempted to leave someone for someone else, but who is to say I wouldn't?

Old 12-13-2007, 05:17 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,835,057 times
You only live once- here's a JoDee Messina song that sums things up perfectly. You don't want to one day wake up and ask what could have been (either with the original person or the new one who seems to have enchanted you) You've got some tough choices to make.

Was that My Life?

I don't want to be the one who's old before their time,
And lose the wonder that I felt as a child.
I can't run this race believing I might lose;
There's still so much to see, and so much left to do.
Yes, I'll fall before I fly,
But no one can say I never tried.

Oh, we just get one ride around the sun,
In this dream of time.
It goes so fast that one day we look back,
And we ask: was that my life?

I close my eyes and think how lucky I have been,
To hold the ones I love and share my dreams with them.
All those sunny days and all those starry skies:
Good morning kisses and sweet goodnights.
Oh, I can't tell them enough,
Just how much that they are loved.

Oh, you just get one ride around the sun,
In this dream of time.
And we ask: was that my life?

We just get one ride around the sun,
In this dream of time.
And we ask: oh, was that my life?
Ooh, was that my life rollin' on by?
Oooh, rollin', rollin', rollin', rollin' on by.
Was that my life?
Ooooh, was that my life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships