Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 11:33 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,046,564 times

Advertisements

I keep hearing from women, in this thread and other places, that when a woman cheats it's because she was neglected. I was cheated on, it hurt a lot, and after much thought and soul searching I'm still learning - that when someone cheats it shows something wrong with the cheater, not with their partner.

Women are so quick to justify female cheating as a coping mechanism... they weren't feeling loved... their husband didn't make them feel valued, etc

Men show love, and need to be showed love, differently than women do. Never once have I seen, from a man or a woman, anyone show the male side of the coin that when men cheat they could be seeking love as well.

Yet when women cheat, it's always painted as the guy's fault. He just wasn't good enough.

Well, I am good enough.

A lie is a lie is a lie. If you tell your partner you will be faithful only to them, then that changes without you ever telling them, they are living faithful to you - living in a lie that only you know the truth about - it is an incredible violation of the other person

If a woman isn't happy in her relationship, many times that is equally her fault as her husbands. She should either fix the problem, end it, or be honest with her partner that she needs to go outside the marriage to get what she needs. Don't blame the children. In the end the divorce happens anyways, the children adjust and life goes on. End it before being unfaithful

Last edited by Jefetio; 12-14-2007 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: original post just wasn't a good idea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 12:22 PM

1,810 posts, read 10,484,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
If a woman isn't happy in her relationship, many times that is equally her fault as her husbands. She should either fix the problem, end it, or be honest with her partner that she needs to go outside the marriage to get what she needs. End it before being unfaithful
This is so right.. but then... may be we want a candy on Tuesday, Chocolate Thursday and ice cream Saturday.

Commitment... it is such a BIG word.

No commitment... no expectation...

Old 12-14-2007, 12:30 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,046,564 times
Nothing wrong with having chocolate on tuesday, vanilla on wednesday and maybe strawberry on thursday. Heck, have sushi on saturday and tubesteak on sunday for all I care. No commitment... no expectation. No marriage... no commitment. Or maybe get one of those marriages where you can eat where ever you want. It's all good as long as everyones on the same page.

Old 12-14-2007, 12:36 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,825,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
Oh yes, Fat freddy and his cat! They were legendary, i have some of their comics, wish I could find more. A few years ago, I heard they were going to make a Fat Freddy movie, have you heard anything about that?
Yes, check out this link:
http://www.freaknet.org.uk/pages01/p01/wm01.html

Old 12-14-2007, 02:26 PM

919 posts, read 3,183,800 times
Never..I have too much respect for my husband, myself and our marriage, and I rather not get any life threathing diseases too...

Old 12-14-2007, 02:56 PM

22,148 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I don't think a lot of women are going to step up to the plate and admit for all of C-D that they had an affair (or several, for that matter!). Probably not a lot of men are going to "out" themselves either. It's just too personal of a topic and people tend to be less than nice.
Actually an internet forum where it is anonymous people are able to discuss things openly that they might otherwise hide if their identity were revealed

Old 12-14-2007, 03:09 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondD View Post
Actually an internet forum where it is anonymous people are able to discuss things openly that they might otherwise hide if their identity were revealed
Yes, but if you frequent a site and you kinda-sorta have friends there, you aren't likely to reveal certain things about yourself because you've kind of established yourself with people - even though you may never meet these people in person and they don't know your real name.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:12 PM

165 posts, read 661,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Yes, but if you frequent a site and you kinda-sorta have friends there, you aren't likely to reveal certain things about yourself because you've kind of established yourself with people - even though you may never meet these people in person and they don't know your real name.
That's true. Especially someone with almost 2,000 posts and a solid reputation. Reading between the lines. (just a joke)

Old 12-14-2007, 03:23 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaniac View Post
That's true. Especially someone with almost 2,000 posts and a solid reputation. Reading between the lines. (just a joke)
Ahhhh ... you're such a pragmatic maniac!

Old 12-14-2007, 03:28 PM

4,610 posts, read 11,098,958 times
No, I've never had an affair on my husband. I just couldn't do that. I've been cheated on by a boyfriend in the past and so I couldn't do that to my husband. So no cheatin' here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships