Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 09:47 AM

226 posts, read 614,858 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone! I just wanted to give an update, that I didn't go to his softball game. I took everyones advice. However, I did feel bad that I just blew him off, cause I am not that type of person. So just on my part, I made my friend Private message him through Facebook, cause that was the only way of contacting him, and I don't have an FB. This is what she said.

"Hey Brian, Nikki wanted me to drop you a quick email, since you don't have your phone yet. She felt bad that she missed your game. She had to go into work cause a person called off at last minute and she had to fill in for her. She doesn't like to blow people off, always sticks to her word and even though I told her it's probably not a big deal, you know Nikki...she makes a big deal out of everything, lol. Hope your team won!"

His reply

"lost both games. im too ****ing good and my teams is too ****ing bad."

"lol i've been getting messages all night saying how ****ing good i am.. feels good hahaha"

Sooo....he completely ignored what my friend said, and I don;t know if he's playing it cool? Or if he is mad? Or if he got awkward about it? Or if he just doesn't care? I have no idea! I don't know how to take that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 09:52 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
You are putting WAY more thought into it than he is.

If he was into you, you would know it.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:57 AM

3,070 posts, read 5,232,614 times
That sounds like a normal response from a platonic friend.

If you are not romantically interested, then what do you want? One-sided attention from him to boost your ego?

Try not to take offense to this but he is an older guy with a kid and another romantic interest - don't over think your importance in his life. I'm not sure if its ego or insecurity but girl, just because you make everything so important does not mean others do.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:34 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Was he joking or is he seriously that much of a tool? Who responds like that?

Old 05-19-2014, 12:36 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Why didn't you send him a private message on FB? Why did the friend need to get involved?

Old 05-19-2014, 12:40 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Why didn't you send him a private message on FB? Why did the friend need to get involved?
Yeah, something tells me this isn't even real.

What kind of adult can't do this stuff on her own? Getting a friend to message someone for her? I don't buy it, no one is that lame.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:43 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
As the sand falls through the hourglass, so are the days and lives of the simple minded.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:45 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
He's just not that into you. You're starting to sound a bit unstable. I'm not saying this to be mean. But really, let it go already. You're going to ruin your summer with this analysis paralysis. If he wants to go out with you he will ask you out. It's really that simple.

Prediction: You're going to run into him somewhere, he will have his arm around a woman, it will be obvious he is seeing her, and you will come running back here asking what that means and all upset about how he supposedly led you on.

The whole thing is just much too silly and junior high. Please, get a hold of yourself already.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:54 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,787 times
He doesn't care, if I was into someone I would have at least mentioned it.

Old 05-19-2014, 01:33 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Yeah, something tells me this isn't even real.

What kind of adult can't do this stuff on her own? Getting a friend to message someone for her? I don't buy it, no one is that lame.

She said she doesn't have Facebook and looking at the friend's message, he doesn't have a phone right now.

OP, his response is juvenile. My guess is that he just isn't that into you otherwise he would have made some sort of comment as to why you weren't at the game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships