Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 08:38 PM

53 posts, read 67,202 times

Advertisements

So over the weekend I met an amazing girl at a friend's party, we talked for like 5+ hours and really seemed to click. At the end of the night I gave her a ride to home, she put her number in my phone, and we parted ways. She left something behind the passenger seat in my car, a snowboarding helmet that appears to be hand-decorated and of sentimental and monetary value.. could be the ol' Costanza "Leave Behind" Her phone broke while we were together, and I texted her today to let her know I have her helmet. We both have iPhones and it sent as a text rather than imessage, so I assume her phone is still down and she'll get back to me when she gets it. So, the following components are on my side: I have her #, I have an excuse to see her again, and she seemed to genuinely want to see me again. Do I need to just chill and be patient?

The caveat is I'm in a super long dry spell and don't want that context to mess things up. Like a virgin, touched for the very first tIIIIiiime. The other night it felt incredibly natural just talking to her for hours. You know when you meet somebody and it's like you've known them forever, I automatically felt comfortable around her. It's just, a 2 year dry spell is pretty bad. Maybe it's just societal pressure to bone as many strangers as possible. I've never really subscribed to that mentality, quality in relationships is much more important to me than quantity. I guess my question is, does this matter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 08:47 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
You're the only one who knows you had a 2-year dry spell.

The only way you could "do it wrong" is to let her know, too.

Relax. Proceed as if you had never written the "caveat" paragraph above.

Old 05-19-2014, 08:51 PM

Concise and precise. Thanks. So, just don't think too hard and let it happen naturally?

Old 05-19-2014, 08:52 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,306 posts, read 8,652,146 times
Watch "something about Mary" it will tell you how not to be a minute man. LOL

Old 05-19-2014, 08:56 PM

I actually get all of my relationship advice from Ben Stiller rom-coms maybe that's the problem

Old 05-19-2014, 09:00 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxchef View Post
Concise and precise. Thanks. So, just don't think too hard and let it happen naturally?
Correct.

You're off to a good start. Just be a human and act the way you would want her to act.

If you are attracted to her, put that on the back burner anyway and focus on getting to know her.

Old 05-20-2014, 12:58 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,296,891 times
Start fabricating a paper trail of sexual encounters over the last year or so. A few fake receipts for condoms, some photoshopped "intimate photographs", fake email accounts sending you messages thanking you for your bedroom performance, etc. should do the trick. Assemble everything in a large binder titled "souvenirs" That way, you can prove to her that you have been knocking boots with all sorts of lovers on a regular basis with no unseemly "dry spells" that could lead to rust on your finely tuned sex machine.

Old 05-20-2014, 01:02 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Sounds like she did pull the Costanza. Do you have her name? You could also try Facebooking her.

Also, what is pdx from? It's not counterstrike is it? lol It reminds me of Frag or Die.

Old 05-20-2014, 01:20 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxchef View Post
The caveat is I'm in a super long dry spell and don't want that context to mess things up. Like a virgin, touched for the very first tIIIIiiime. The other night it felt incredibly natural just talking to her for hours. You know when you meet somebody and it's like you've known them forever, I automatically felt comfortable around her. It's just, a 2 year dry spell is pretty bad. Maybe it's just societal pressure to bone as many strangers as possible. I've never really subscribed to that mentality, quality in relationships is much more important to me than quantity. I guess my question is, does this matter?
Why would it matter?

Old 05-20-2014, 01:53 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
My dry spell is longer than yours. I win the Internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships