Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 10:22 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
And you made it to an egg while millions of other sperms cells from the same ejaculation ceased to evolve, while you at least were giving the opportunity to live life as a human - although with the possibility of not experience the level and/or type of romantic experiences that you want.

As usual. . . .

Life is not fair.

Embrace that fact and it will lead you on the path you were always meant to travel on.

Sky-O
I only wish the OP was really looking for advice because yours is spot on

Sadly, he is apparently not interested in learning anything here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 10:33 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Self worth, much like self esteem or self confidence, is a self based concept, meaning derived from within. You choose your self worth based on how you see yourself. If you attempt to derive these self concepts from external things, others, material posessions or a career, you may find yourself in a rough spot when your world crashes down and you become nothing, because you lost all your money, got fired from your job or had your reputation ruined. Its bad juju. The only way to be fully in control of your life, is to place it in your own hands.

Old 05-19-2014, 10:53 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
No I don't see my sense of worth having to do with women I've had. Its more about my success in the general world. I think perhaps women see it the same way .I am married so I hear it constantly from younger women that they have a standard of equal success ;not some loser as far as partners.

Old 05-19-2014, 11:13 PM

338 posts, read 384,924 times
I defied death today that would have killed 99% of most men.

Today is my anniversary.......

My self worth is aided by that accomplishment alone, not only what I was doing at the time.

Old 05-20-2014, 12:33 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,888 times
It is hard to feel good about yourself when your life not in order . The only thing i have going for me is I am in college for the 2nd time and I cant fail.

I cant go back to drinking and pooping pills like candy just to make it through another crappy work day with no upward mobility.

I don't know if it's the chicken or egg. When I'm feeling in a darker place, my perception is that everything sucks and even though I've done this, it seems I should have done more. Trying to stay grateful helps.

The desire to feel like I am not a loser drives me.I don't know if that's the healthiest thing to be motivated by a fear of hating yourself. But it definitely helps.

Staying positive helps and working on yourself goes a long ways .

It does suck to see a guy with no goals in life or dreams get a GF and your like WTF .

Old 05-20-2014, 04:15 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Having success with women from an early age. That does wonders for a man's confidence

Old 05-20-2014, 04:48 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Having success with women from an early age. That does wonders for a man's confidence
Very true.

Old 05-20-2014, 04:56 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by const_iterator View Post
If you can't attract the women you're attracted to, then how can you not feel like a loser, especially if you have a deep desire for love? You've lost out on an essential human experience because you weren't genetically healthy enough and/or materially successful enough.
Those two things are not necessarily the same thing. You may find 100 women appealing, but not 'Love' material.

It might be necessary to re-evaluate your selection process and what you want. If your goal is to find some physically hot babe then so be it. If your goal is to find someone who will love you and will love in return - what is your criteria for this.
i
You need a plan. You aren't a loser because of sex. I'll let you in on a her club secret - it's not sex that ruins it it's self esteem. You also cannot rely on one person to satisfy all your needs.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:01 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
I think your lack of success stems from your inability to finish a post here.

Seriously, why do you just start threads that you don't come back to? If you don't want answers and feedback, you should start a blog.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:21 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
It never even occurred to me to have my self worth tied to dating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships