Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 11:51 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Is there an unwritten rule that says if a woman gives such obvious signals such as asking about penis size and hinting at sexual frustration, she must also offer sex? Can she not do these things and still not want sex?

Sure, she can not want to have sex with him and she has no obligation to offer sex.

No one is debating that at all.

But she wants to be offended. That is completely different. The guy did absolutely nothing at all offensive. She flirted, she offered signals, he inquired. There is nothing offensive about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 11:58 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,203 times
I wouldn't be offended. Now, I would love to have sex, so if I had reached the point of wanting casual sex, then I wouldn't mind if a guy offered FWB. But that's the thing. FWB means an actual FRIEND. So, I would expect him to treat him nicely, not be selfish in bed, then ignore me afterward. Otherwise, I am his sex buddy, not a FWB--and that I find degrading. FWB is the most casual I could go for a bit, if I ever do--and I may since dating hasn't been great. But I wouldn't ever do Sex Buddy.

Old 05-20-2014, 12:07 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
I'm not sure why everyone is so harsh on the OP who's only mistake is not setting clear boundaries. However, she is spot on in her assessment of this friend and she is entitled to being offended. Is there an unwritten rule that says if a woman gives such obvious signals such as asking about penis size and hinting at sexual frustration, she must also offer sex? Can she not do these things and still not want sex?
But she DOES want sex. That's the thing.

But it's as if she doesn't want people to think she's "the kind of girl" who wants it, you know?

She just has to decide what she REALLY wants and be OK with it. Then she won't get offended if a guy makes an incorrect assumption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships