Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 02:14 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinPhilly View Post
Just because I kissed him, it doesn't mean I abide by his behavior. We've only been on two dates and he's already being critical ...

Our chemistry is great, but these little words of his make me second-guess my initial impression. I am now wary of what's to come!

There's a fine line between being attracted and allowing someone to disturb your inner peace. If I were okay with his behavior, I wouldn't have posted an entire thread about him.
Your chemistry is not great , you are simply each horny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 02:39 PM

89 posts, read 140,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinPhilly View Post
I went on two dates with a guy and I'm slightly confused at the moment.

He was a true gentleman on the first date. He told me he absolutely enjoyed our conversations and I'm the first girl he's truly clicked with in a long time. He said my brains definitely made an impression on him. We spent that entire day together so I guess he got a sense of who I am. However, he called me "uptight" and said I overthink everything (because I felt uncomfortable he paid on our date and told him I'd prefer to pay).

Second date was an entire different story.

First of all, he thought I was making some things up to sound smart (i.e: Kazakhstan, he thought I was making this country up). Then, he was like "Don't roll your eyes, I don't like it" (mind you, he was talking about Frozen over and over again). Then we talked about museums and I said some of them are boring, he then rolled his eyes and told me I'm not knowledgeable at all (says the guy who's never been out of the US and who's never been to college).

Then he criticized me for liking movies about history, religion or political events. He said anime and 3D movies are far better and that I'm quite boring for liking movies "that make you think" (his words). To each their own in my opinion.

Finally, the worst part of it all ... He dared calling me SLOW because I didn't finish my drink as quickly as he did his (the guy was kissing me the entire time, I barely had room to breathe. How was I supposed to finish that stupid drink?). He was like "are you always so slow"? Yeah, I had worked all day and hadn't gotten a day off in about 10 days, so I was extremely tired. It happens.

Yet, he had the guts to repeat multiple times: "I think you're extremely hot" but didn't bother paying attention to what I was saying and kept criticizing me all night.

Am I in the wrong for thinking he's slightly disrespectful?
He's trying to make you qualify yourself to him. He's trying to be the one with the emotional leverage.

Old 05-21-2014, 03:17 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
This guy is an idiot if he never saw Borat.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:31 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
Dude doesn't know Kazakhstan is a country and he calls you slow? I had to laugh at that.
Anybody who seen Borat would know that.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:47 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,369,736 times
Run. RUN. RUN!!!!!

He sounds like an idiot who has a good side helping of personality disorder. And yes, he was undermining you. He would do that consistently throughout any relationship or sustained contact with him because it makes him feel powerful and stronger than the weakling he is.

Frankly he has all the hallmarks of an abuser.

Tell him you're not interested, shut him down and have no further contact.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:50 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Run. RUN. RUN!!!!!

He sounds like an idiot who has a good side helping of personality disorder. And yes, he was undermining you. He would do that consistently throughout any relationship or sustained contact with him because it makes him feel powerful and stronger than the weakling he is.

Frankly he has all the hallmarks of an abuser.

Tell him you're not interested, shut him down and have no further contact.

I'm a bit confused as to how this question is even asked. If someone did this to me I'd end the date instantly.

On top of that, date 2 and the OP is already kissing the whole time? Seems like part of this is her fault for putting out a not so good image.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:51 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
I also wonder how he even got a 2nd date.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:52 PM

89 posts, read 140,235 times
Seems psycho dump him

Old 05-21-2014, 07:27 PM

323 posts, read 308,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Slightly disrespectful?

He's a braying ass.
Yep. A scumbag thug badboy. Probably wets more panties than the laundry room of an all-girls college and pulls more tail than most men can even imagine.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:43 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LXXXI View Post
Yep. A scumbag thug badboy. Probably wets more panties than the laundry room of an all-girls college and pulls more tail than most men can even imagine.
I don't think so! He's a weirdo using PUA tactics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships