Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 05:54 PM

323 posts, read 308,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
I see two problems with that plan:

1) Who is going to pay for all those tests? Unless there is some genuine doubt about paternity, mandating paternity tests would be a waste of money.
Include it in the bill for the birth. Easy nuff.

Quote:
2) Mandating paternity tests .... women were all a bunch of scheming, lying whores who couldn't be trusted.
There's so much I could say. Oh so very much. But you already summed it up.

Quote:
That is not how you craft public policy.
Wait....isn't the point behind laws supposed to be to protect the liberty and lives of the populace? Isn't protecting someone from having at least 33% of his wages taken for 18 years kind of in that area somewhere? Just maybe a little bit ya think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brofessional View Post
The violence against women act implies that men are evil brutes and that women are fragile and defenseless.
YES! Wot 'e said!

Old 05-22-2014, 05:58 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,602,346 times
Quote:
I see two problems with that plan:

1) Who is going to pay for all those tests? Unless there is some genuine doubt about paternity, mandating paternity tests would be a waste of money.

2) Mandating paternity tests would imply women were all a bunch of scheming, lying whores who couldn't be trusted. That is not how you craft public policy.
3-8% of fathers in the US alone, are unknowingly raising children that arent biologically theirs. Most women, including many of our very own cdr posters, admitted they would keep it a secret from their spouse, and women cheat today at record levels, without any doubt at a higher rate than men. If you cant draw a logical conclusion based on the FACTS above, then you either arent very bright, or a major emasculated white knight. Not you specifically, but many men who fantasize about getting into womans panties, by defending illogical nonsense.

Old 05-22-2014, 05:59 PM

323 posts, read 308,240 times
Friggin double-tap

Old 05-22-2014, 06:05 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,398,974 times
What, pray tell is "manosphere"?

Old 05-22-2014, 06:06 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,480,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
1) The state would pay for the tests of course, in the name of mental health.
The state doesn't even want to give people food stamps. I don't see how they are going to want to pay for hundreds of millions of dollars worth of mandatory paternity tests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
) Not necessarily, as the real father if one is there would be responsible. The woman would have a safety net and it would discourage thirsty men from going after married and/or taken women.
How do you figure it would given women a safety net? As it is, about 60% of men who owe child support don't pay, either at all or in large part. And those are just the ones with standing orders. Lots more men get out of paying because the women never file for support. And of course, a lot of men are just dead broke.

Old 05-22-2014, 06:09 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceShamWow View Post
Not openly, no, you haven't. You're far more subtle than that. You're ussentimentality ulative language like, "just walk out of the boy's life," and such where if the OP is not the boy's bio father, he was never really in the kids life to begin with.

I want you to understand that I'm not mad or picking on you, I'm truly fascinated with your responses, from an evo psych/mating strategy standpoint.

They are pretty much confirming manosphere/red pill/PUA dogma to a tee.
Oh, I'm not so emotionally fragile as to think you are angry or picking on me. I think you are ascribing sentimentality to my words that are not there. He's lived with the boy for two years, so yes, he has been in the kid's life all along. A few posters have said to walk away, and the OP agreed he would. The child is two and will not remember, it's true. His older siblings will, and so there would have to be a conversation about why the OP doesn't want tosee their brother anymore. I presume the OP wouldn't abbreviate it to "Your mom's a *****, that's why," as was suggested.

Again, lest you continue to misconstrue my words: NOT talking about child support. NOT talking about pretending to be his dad or doing fatherly things. I asked about coming to visit with his older siblings, which is by no stretch of the imagination "taking responsibility" for the boy. And once again, I am NOT deriding the OP for his choice.

My cousin was briefly married to a man who had a young son. He was immediately accepted by the rest of the family as another grandchild, and he got as much attention and affection as the others. After a couple years, my cousin got divorced and the boy (age five) was no longer part of our family. My grandparents still feel badly about it, as do I. Does that help you understand?

Old 05-22-2014, 06:11 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,989,613 times
Quote:
The state doesn't even want to give people food stamps. I don't see how they are going to want to pay for hundreds of millions of dollars worth of mandatory paternity tests.

How do you figure it would given women a safety net? As it is, about 60% of men who owe child support don't pay, either at all or in large part. And those are just the ones with standing orders. Lots more men get out of paying because the women never file for support. And of course, a lot of men are just dead broke.
Just tack it onto the birth bill then... a little extra is a small drop compared to the huge bill people are stuck with.

I still say it would prevent people from taking a chance on homewrecking.

Old 05-22-2014, 06:12 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,989,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
3-8% of fathers in the US alone, are unknowingly raising children that arent biologically theirs. Most women, including many of our very own cdr posters, admitted they would keep it a secret from their spouse, and women cheat today at record levels, without any doubt at a higher rate than men. If you cant draw a logical conclusion based on the FACTS above, then you either arent very bright, or a major emasculated white knight. Not you specifically, but many men who fantasize about getting into womans panties, by defending illogical nonsense.
And that 3-6% is just from women messing around. Imagine how many are those that frolic on their husbands that DON'T get pregnant!

Old 05-22-2014, 06:21 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,620,761 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships