Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 05:40 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,523,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
My mom was pretty open about sex when I was a teenager.
My mom was, too, only I wasn't sexually active as a teenager. Not for any religious/moral grounds, though...I was and am a person of faith, but my experiences with churchgoing never really delved into a hard line on sex, etc. It's a pretty liberal church. To be honest, I simply didn't know any guys worth having sex with when I was a teenager (or for much of my twenties, for that matter. I'm also not anti-abortion, and feel people should choose what's best for their situation, but I knew it wasn't a choice I'd make, so I never really felt the need to have sex with anybody I wouldn't be amenable to starting a family with, should things happen that way. It was decent weedout criteria, for the most part. But, I never have any scares.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 05:42 PM

52,162 posts, read 52,609,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

The morally against birth control but not pre marital sex crowds gives me a chuckle every time.
Since Jillabean made a George Carlin reference, I'll drop another one.

He rants about how a certain crowd, a political one with tusks, how they only care about ya while in the womb and once you're out "you're on your ****ing own"... LOL

Yeah, hypocrisy is a funny thing.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:48 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,492,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
2/3 of my children were unplanned. I got nothin'.
Please clarify.

How does penis unplan its way into vagina?

I believe my younger sibling was "unplanned", but I have a suspicion that it wasn't immaculate conception that brought him into existence...

Old 05-23-2014, 08:02 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,673,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
Please clarify.

How does penis unplan its way into vagina?

I believe my younger sibling was "unplanned", but I have a suspicion that it wasn't immaculate conception that brought him into existence...
There's a difference between "not trying to procreate" and "trying not to procreate." Too much of the former, not enough of the latter. We don't regret having them by any means, but those two were unplanned--the third one especially. His sisters are both several years older.

The middle one was planned. She's also quite developmentally delayed, born that way. So much for planning!

Old 05-24-2014, 05:27 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,194,788 times
Having kids before your financially stable is one of the worst things you can do because it sets you back years

Old 05-24-2014, 06:00 AM

411 posts, read 415,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Since Jillabean made a George Carlin reference, I'll drop another one.

He rants about how a certain crowd, a political one with tusks, how they only care about ya while in the womb and once you're out "you're on your ****ing own"... LOL

Yeah, hypocrisy is a funny thing.

So true.

I think babies are great but I draw the line at getting sentimental about other peoples embryos.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:18 AM

1,242 posts, read 1,688,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Condoms? There's ways to not have kids folks.
Ha! There ARE ways, but the only 100% method is by not having sex. The contraception methods I mentioned are all 94-99% effective - some tout even being more effective or as effective than sterilization. Condoms on the other hand much less so. Yes, I'm worried even with an IUD about getting pregnant, but IUD and bagging it isn't realistic for a long term relationship or marriage. Now having an IUD and getting a vasectomy would be more realistic but men don't seem to be as excited about that...

Old 05-24-2014, 10:34 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,443,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Having kids before your financially stable is one of the worst things you can do because it sets you back years
Most people will never have children if that where the case.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:38 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,479,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazine View Post
Ha! There ARE ways, but the only 100% method is by not having sex. The contraception methods I mentioned are all 94-99% effective - some tout even being more effective or as effective than sterilization. Condoms on the other hand much less so. Yes, I'm worried even with an IUD about getting pregnant, but IUD and bagging it isn't realistic for a long term relationship or marriage. Now having an IUD and getting a vasectomy would be more realistic but men don't seem to be as excited about that...
Condoms are actually extremely effective when used consistently and correctly. Remember, the relatively high condom failure rate is calculated by including people who don't use them every time. They make up virtually 100% of the failure rate.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:45 AM

30,957 posts, read 22,026,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
What I never understood from doing online were the people who had all these unplanned children. I couldn't begin to mention all the guys with multiple children by different women who claimed they were all accidents. One I can understand but several by different people? that's called careless. I knew as a teen to always use condoms if I had sex (though my teen sex experience was one time)and when I had an active sex life always used several forms of birth control.
True.

I find it rather odd that there were no oops kids amongst my siblings or cousins with one exception, but you have entire families where all the sisters, cousins and aunts swear they got pregnant while being on the pill or some other form of bc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships