Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2014, 02:27 PM

9 posts, read 8,352 times

Advertisements

I posted my story about a month ago in another thread but theres been new developments since and I need some fresh advice I guess.

Basically a month ago I was in a friends wedding and paired up with a girl I knew from highschool who is very attractive and I developed a bit of a crush on her. I was kicking myself after for not talking to her more at the wedding and didn't see much interest from her so figured it was a lost cause. Ffwd two weeks to another friends wedding, and the groom from the prior wedding tells me, "oh ya, I was supposed to tell you that (so and so) is interested in you." I just told his wife (this girls friend) that we should all go out together sometime, which she just said okay.

A few days later I texted my friend and told him to have his wife just send me her number if she's interested and I'll take care of it myself - I didn't want to wait around too long. That was a week ago and I still haven't received a message with this girls number. So I really don't know if something somehow changed, or it just slipped everyones mind. But here I am back at square one.

Now I REALLY hate thinking this way, but within the past week, this girl sent me a facebook invitation to like some health food store, and it really doesn't appear she sent it to anyone else I don't think. ALso, I checked in at a lunch spot on sunday with my friend and she liked it. This girl has never sent me any pages or liked any statuses in the 5 or 6 years we've been facebook friends. If I'm honest with myself, it means nothing, but I cant help holding on to that.

Now my question is, I'm tired of waiting and tired of thinking/over thinking and just want to talk to her. It looks like facebook messaging will be my only option. How in the world do I go about it? Just start an innocent conversation? Just say, hey I know we didn't get to talk a whole lot at the wedding but if you want to get together some time heres my number...."

Its been a month since the wedding we were in, but I do know she made the effort to have her friend let me know she's "interested" So I'm assuming by know she knows I was told. I just don't know how to strike up the conversation or how lame it is to try to pick up a girl over facebook?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 02:30 PM

101 posts, read 107,139 times
Facebook isn't an online dating service. Either figure out what she likes and just angle in on a quick conversation or set up another chance to encounter her. Throw a BBQ at a park with mutual friends. Something along those lines. Then ask her out.

Says yes: great

Says no: move on.

There needs to be a god damned flow chart as a sticky at the top of this forum for people. Lol

Old 05-23-2014, 02:32 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
You have already been introduced, the hard part is over...just ask the girl out.

Stop waiting for her to invite YOU. make a move.

Old 05-23-2014, 02:36 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Find her and talk to her.
Yeah! Face 2 face!

Old 05-23-2014, 03:29 PM

9 posts, read 8,352 times
Hey I'd ask her out tonight if I had her phone number, that's the point. I can't remember a time when we've EVER ran into each other out so that's not an option. I made the effort to get her number and was ready to call, but I got no response from my friend. And the thing is, before the wedding I saw my friend once in an entire year, and had never spoken to this girl- so were not exactly close. So I don't want to keep hounding them for info since I'm rarely in contact with then any other time. That's my whole problem, if Facebook is acceptable since it's basically my only option. I would never just message someone up and immediately ask them out, but she told her fried apparently to make it known she was interested, so can she blame me for trying??

Old 05-23-2014, 03:41 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,870,090 times
Be direct. I'd like to see you this weekend. If she's interested, she'll respond. If not, move on

Old 05-23-2014, 04:49 PM

71 posts, read 82,012 times
Yes, it's perfectly fine to ask her out via facebook. You can also ask for her number on there.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:47 PM

356 posts, read 1,268,593 times
I dont like when guys approach me on facebook. try and find a way to meet up.. id throw a party or bbq like pp said and invite the friend, ask her right out to invite the girl.. then strike up a conversation

or you can post something on facebook... like im going to the beach .. anyone want to meet up? make it an audience that includes her and anyone she knows. if she says anything or likes the post. . invite her on that post and there you go.
then its kind of by chance.. post it when you see her on line

Old 05-23-2014, 07:51 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,494,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Be direct. I'd like to see you this weekend. If she's interested, she'll respond. If not, move on

Old 05-23-2014, 07:53 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Yep ask her out kitty cat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships