Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 11:36 AM

51 posts, read 135,831 times

Advertisements

apparently this elliot roger kid had the money and looks to at least get some interests from those blondes at UCSB he seemed to desire but is it that hard to get an attractive girlfriend in southern California?

I thought the greek life scene at UCSB was not that big either the last time I visited and talked to friends that were there.

Old 05-25-2014, 11:46 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SignoreAmante View Post
apparently this elliot roger kid had the money and looks to at least get some interests from those blondes at UCSB he seemed to desire but is it that hard to get an attractive girlfriend in southern California?

I thought the greek life scene at UCSB was not that big either the last time I visited and talked to friends that were there.
Probably somewhat harder than other places because of the Hollywood mentality.

Then again, southern California has a ton of minorities.

Old 05-25-2014, 11:54 AM

678 posts, read 1,065,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SignoreAmante View Post

No, it's no harder, it's like any place else, this guy was disturbed and obviously out of touch with reality (if you've watched his videos). There are plenty of attractive people in So. Cal but no one wants a creep and if his last video is any indication of his likability it's plain to see why no girl wanted him.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:04 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,159,433 times
Who is Elliot Roger? A guy who can't get a hot girl in SoCal should just remove his weiner and turn it in since its the best place to meet unbelievable looking women in the world. Go to DC, San Francisco or Boston to contrast.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:04 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaraz View Post
No, it's no harder, it's like any place else, this guy was disturbed and obviously out of touch with reality (if you've watched his videos). There are plenty of attractive people in So. Cal but no one wants a creep and if his last video is any indication of his likability it's plain to see why no girl wanted him.
I think there can be many, many reasons why guys can't get women. But in this guy's case, I agree it was because he was just obviously really creepy.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:10 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Aside from the ick factor (creepiness) this guy had a profoundly distorted sense of superiority, was entirely out of touch with reality, and had an unjustified sense of entitlement. Is it any wonder that no woman was interested in him? It's breathtakingly scary that an individual might actually believe that he is 'entitled' to a certain caliber of woman, and if he can't score one then he's going to kill them all, along with the guys who are scoring with the hot girls. I read the transcript of his last vlog and boy howdy! What a nucking ***! The Facebook photos of him sipping champagne in business class or sitting in his BMW are beyond pathetic.

Where in the world does an individual build up an idea of what sort of human being they are 'entitled' to bed? Good grief - none of his victims owed him anything. His mother has remained remarkably quiet and has evaded publicity - I'd be hiding too if I raised a monster like this, and let him loose on society with firearms. We need to overhaul the mental health practices in this country.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:19 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,141,570 times
More of this again.

This kid should have been aborted after the fact.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:13 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,631,239 times
No it's not hard to get a girlfriend in Southern California. I live in SoCal. This guy had issues. He only wanted the hottest of women. He didn't seem to want average women. They had to be hot sorority girls. There are plenty of average women that aren't sorority girls. This guy's personality would have turned off any woman no matter what they look like.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:15 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Aside from the ick factor (creepiness) this guy had a profoundly distorted sense of superiority, was entirely out of touch with reality, and had an unjustified sense of entitlement. Is it any wonder that no woman was interested in him? It's breathtakingly scary that an individual might actually believe that he is 'entitled' to a certain caliber of woman, and if he can't score one then he's going to kill them all, along with the guys who are scoring with the hot girls. I read the transcript of his last vlog and boy howdy! What a nucking ***! The Facebook photos of him sipping champagne in business class or sitting in his BMW are beyond pathetic.

Where in the world does an individual build up an idea of what sort of human being they are 'entitled' to bed? Good grief - none of his victims owed him anything. His mother has remained remarkably quiet and has evaded publicity - I'd be hiding too if I raised a monster like this, and let him loose on society with firearms. We need to overhaul the mental health practices in this country.
Yes, I do believe his parents are at least somewhat accountable. If you pamper your kids all the time, they'll grow up spoiled and feeling entitled like this douchebag.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:15 PM

101 posts, read 107,173 times
Easy as pie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships