Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 07:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,030 times

Advertisements

yeah it's better to just walk away but how to take the first step? i have a boyfriend and he is married how can i get away from this relationship?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2014, 05:09 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,549,746 times
By ending it and finding one of the millions of unmarried people to date?

Old 05-29-2014, 05:42 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,727 times
I have never loved. But walking away from unrequited crush feelings has been easy.

I am someone that is easily offended, and cut ties. I had a crush on a guy when I was younger. I thought he was cute, and wouldn't mind if he asked for my number. But he didn't feel the same way, and after a while, he outright made clear he thought I was ugly. And of course, I was offended, angry, and no longer interested. But it wasn't him simply saying I wasn't his type, so much as open teasing, and saying how another girl was hotter.

Another guy I thought was cute seemed to like me, and it seemed he flirted. But he never asked me out, and eventually got another girlfriend the following school year. I was a bit upset, then it turned to anger, and frustration. So, I just said "f it", and didn't care anymore.

Another crush I liked, who knew I liked him. He could talk to me, and laugh a bit ,etc. But he did not like me, and dated my cousin instead. I was upset, as I had classes with both of them. But by the end of the school year, I was not interested--more frustrated, before I stopped caring.

Another kinda-crush. I thought he was cute, and did try to just talk to him. But he always made a point to snub me, and outright said he didn't care what I was saying. So, anger at him being an *******, which he always was to me.. So, I didn't continue to find him cute, and he got fat later anyhow lol

There's more. But i'll stop there. As I have about 7-8 of these examples.

I don't care for any of the guys I used to like. After all, a crush is a crush because it's shallow. You get over it. The only thing that hurts is my confidence, since no guys I like reciprocated. So, after all the rejections, I just wait for guys to approach me. I figure if they find me attractive, they'll come to me, since it's just usual for the guy to ask the girl out. But I never get approached--least by anything short of thug wannabes, drunks, and bums, and old men. All the attention you don't want. lol

So, I walk away the instant I am offended, snubbed, or disrespected. I don't see the point in chasing after, or throwing myself at. people that made clear they don't think much of me. Just seems pathetic--even more so than just walking away. And in a relationship where I am disrespected, it would be worse than just staying single, when you get with someone that is going to tear you down, and lower your self-worth. You just get abuse out of the relationship. And while I may be lonely, I am not that desperate yet.

Even with "friends." I only had 1 person I could call a friend. She offended me, and I would give her the benefit of the doubt. But then 1st chance I got, I dropped her. Haven't spoken to her in 3 months, I have a new cell phone, with a new #, and she doesn't have it. So, I won't be getting any texts from her. She has tried calling my house phone. But, needless to say I don't answer.

Do I feel guilty? Not at all. lol

So, I think truly the ones that don't know when to quit are either truly desperate. Their self-worth is all gone, and they'll take whomever will have them. Even if they're treated badly, they feel they will get no better.

And some are too prideful. They wonder how someone could not appreciate them, and think they're hot stuff. So, they can't admit they lose. They aren't wanted or valued as they feel they're entitled to, and just can't stop until they win, but they never will. It still comes off as looking desperate. Because if they are indeed hot stuff, then finding someone better wouldn't be an issue, and they'd just write off the failed attempt as a dud, and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships