Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 07:42 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
I guess I just don't know how to act.

And it's not in my nature to just "hook up".
You do know how to act. You stay true to yourself but you exercise some control over your actions. You're a passionate, kind hearted guy, you just need to control this a bit more. It's difficult at first because it goes against your nature, but in time you'll be able to sit back a bit and be a little more discerning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 07:44 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,193,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
You do know how to act. You stay true to yourself but you exercise some control over your actions. You're a passionate, kind hearted guy, you just need to control this a bit more. It's difficult at first because it goes against your nature, but in time you'll be able to sit back a bit and be a little more discerning.
Nah, he doesn't. He's letting his emotions control him. That is a death sentence for a guy in today's dating world. You're wrong.

Old 05-28-2014, 07:45 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,193,932 times
Quote:
Pull back a bit. Don't be the first one to text or call. It takes some self control but it's a learned behaviour that you can change.
Good advice, I know other spots that say the same thing, but there this is called "manipulative."

Last edited by rationalmale18; 05-28-2014 at 07:51 PM.. Reason: Off topic, yelled at.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:01 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,009,205 times
Quote:
That's what everyone says. But yes, I do get overexcited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
Nah, he doesn't. He's letting his emotions control him. That is a death sentence for a guy in today's dating world. You're wrong.
And I have friends that hook up whenever. One said last night that he doesn't get attached like I do, and he's all for hooking up with random women.

Going on 23 never even had a first kiss yet. I find it hard to date. I can't do the bar scene, but that is the only other place around here to date outside of church.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:23 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times
Don't always feel the need to have to be in a relationship or to have someone, don't put that pressure on yourself. Love yourself first and get involved with activities or start new hobbies. Love will eventually happen for you, you are still very young. Enjoy life in the mean time.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Don't always feel the need to have to be in a relationship or to have someone, don't put that pressure on yourself. Love yourself first and get involved with activities or start new hobbies. Love will eventually happen for you, you are still very young. Enjoy life in the mean time.
Well, I did finish my undergrad. So a lot of that crushing stress is gone.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Well, I did finish my undergrad. So a lot of that crushing stress is gone.
Congrats to you, have you thought about moving to another city or state.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Congrats to you, have you thought about moving to another city or state.
I'll probably go to grad school in Mississippi or Tennessee. I just got back from visiting campuses.

Old 05-28-2014, 09:07 PM

Quote:
I'll probably go to grad school in Mississippi or Tennessee. I just got back from visiting campuses.
Sounds good man, you are doing all the right things. Just relax and be patience, things will work out for you.

Old 05-28-2014, 09:25 PM

290 posts, read 214,350 times
It's so true. I'm 20, and I'm looking for a long term relationship. Never been into the hookup scene at all, but it seems like a lot of people around that age do just that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships