Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 02:55 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,408,008 times

Advertisements

taste changed in 3 yr increments for me, seem like from say 18 to 21 i was on some other ish then like 24, 25 i was like wtf and so on

even when i thought i was thinking pretty clear about things life just changes and people change so much

thats why i tell women in their early 20's stop trying to get married and/or pregnant or you will end up being a 40 yr old single mom with no prospects

if they would ever release that pill for men that would stop pregnancy it will be a game changer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 03:24 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,480,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
How has your taste in men/women changed? Physical changes mostly, but other traits too.

Teens

20s

30s

40s

50s

Go....
The biggest change for me is that I value looks a lot less than I used to. This isn't because of "settled." It is because two fundamental truths revealed themselves to me during the course of my life:

1) There is absolutely no correlation between how good-looking someone is and how much fun it is to have sex with them. I mean, no correlation whatsoever. Some of the prettiest people I've been with were sexually inert, while the ordinary-looking people were often much more fun, skilled and enthusiastic.

2) Pretty people often have an overblown sense of entitlement. This is by no means true in every case, but it is true often enough to make me leery.

Old 05-28-2014, 04:03 PM

87 posts, read 107,880 times
When I was a teen and in my early 20's, I was willing to date short/shorter men and I no longer am. I was open to smokers, even though I preferred nonsmokers. I no longer date those, either.

I also used to have a strong preference for guys with eyebrow piercings. I grew out of that (28 now).

Old 05-29-2014, 02:04 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,965,721 times
Quote:
How has your taste in men/women changed? Physical changes mostly, but other traits too.

Go....

Early teens - Strongly attracted to teenage girls my age. Not really big on older women.
Late teens - The body types I went for changed. More androgynous girls started doing more for me than they used to. On rare occasions a very androgynous boy could be interesting too.
Early 20s - As I aged I also began preferring women who were in my age group. I started liking more feminine women again but also more types of men instead of just androgynous ones. By this point I began realizing that I was bisexual. My turn-ons became more fetish-based and less physical attraction than before.
Mid 20s - The fetishes that had grown over time sort of began to dominate my sexuality, though it didn't have much effect on my dates.

And... I'm 27 now. So that's about it.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:22 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,742,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
The biggest change for me is that I value looks a lot less than I used to. This isn't because of "settled." It is because two fundamental truths revealed themselves to me during the course of my life:

1) There is absolutely no correlation between how good-looking someone is and how much fun it is to have sex with them. I mean, no correlation whatsoever. Some of the prettiest people I've been with were sexually inert, while the ordinary-looking people were often much more fun, skilled and enthusiastic.

2) Pretty people often have an overblown sense of entitlement. This is by no means true in every case, but it is true often enough to make me leery.
This is a great point - and something I never understood about the idea of someone picking up a ONS (especially via PUA) and wanting to bring home someone who was a 9 or 10.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:24 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Teens - anybody with a penis same age or older
20's - 30's - a guy who listens to techno and does anything criminal and is rebellious
late 30's - a guy who is nice, no criminal history, stable job, ambitions, treats me well...............
40's - a guy who doesn't have too many kids and ex wifes to take care of
50's - a guy who still has hair and still gets it up on a regular basis
60's - a guy who can afford to get retired and provides health insurance for me, too.
60's - a much younger guy who can change my diapers if needed and doesn't get grossed out when I take out my teeth at night.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:27 PM

432 posts, read 491,485 times
Simple answer: Nope.

Old 05-29-2014, 03:52 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Not very much. I've always liked cute, boyish types, but I was more into blondes when I was younger and now that I'm an adult, I prefer dark haired men. But I still like them cute and boyish. I haven't gotten to the point where I'm into "rugged", "manly" men. I like the "softer", "non-threatening" types.

Old 05-29-2014, 04:06 PM

32 posts, read 41,282 times
All she has to has is being a life form. I would take anything. XD

Old 05-29-2014, 09:49 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Teens-They had the Color me bad look.Joey from Blossom was the look I loved or anyone that looked like Zack Morris.

20's-Was obsessed with Italians.
Mid 20's-Asian men.
30'S-more openminded.
Mid 30's-hasn't changed.
40's-Don't rush it, it will be here soon enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships