Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 10:22 AM

2,930 posts, read 5,270,843 times

Advertisements

First of all OP, that was a very exhausting read. It's good you attempted to break it into paragraphs but 2 or 3 more wouldn't have hurt.

Your girlfriend would ultimately lose respect for you if you waited around for her to make up her mind. I wouldn't respect any woman I'm dating if she was ok with me basically telling her, "Let me go see this chick one more time and potentially bang, and if there's nothing there, we can be together. " What kind of ISH is that???

I know it hurts, but break it off with her NOW. Sometimes self respect comes with a small price, and like you're health, there's no price that's too big for that. I would feel completely disrespected by her actions seeing that she's already crossed the line. She didn't want you to go on the trip AND you saw the text messages she was sending.

Nuff said!

Old 05-30-2014, 10:23 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
Too many words, I only read the headline.

Dump her, you should more respect for yourself than to let her string you along like that. People don't get to "test drive" other relationships. If you're in a relationship, be in it 100% or get out. It really is that simple. She's not in it 100%, so GET OUT.

Agreed completely.

PS ~~ No one should have to tell you this, you should be able to figure out all by yourself that she really does not want to be with you and you are a convenience until she finds someone better.
Do you have a teacup chihuahua that you take with you everywhere and live around the Chicago area?

Old 05-30-2014, 10:23 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoman788 View Post
Thanks a lot ^ I really think thats a good approach too. Still can't believe this **** is happening. So annoying. Would love more opinions too!
What other opinions are you hoping to get?

You don't need to tell her off. Just tell her you aren't anyone's fallback plan, and she's free to pursue Dude #2.
Why will you not see her till the 7th??

Old 05-30-2014, 10:58 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Leave her dude.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:03 AM

257 posts, read 713,317 times
In addition to what everyone else has told you, OP, I want to add two points.

Quote:
But the good news is all her friends said that I am literally the greatest boy friend and how they all hope to find a guy like me (my gf told me this).
All her friends are wrong. You are not literally the greatest boyfriend, nor figuratively. That person doesn't exist... but if he did, he would've known part of being the greatest boyfriend is to have enough self-respect and self-awareness to not tolerate such nonsense from his girlfriend, at all.

Quote:
I think telling her in person would mean I have a lot of self-respect and that i'm confident instead of doing it over a text message like a huge *****? no?
And just who are you trying to prove this to? If it's your girlfriend, this is a complete waste of your time. If it's you, that's fine. If it's the rest of your social circle, guess what? Too little, too late, because you've already shown by at all tolerating her behavior you don't have as much confidence and self-respect as you think you do.

I truly feel bad for your situation, OP, but I also think you need to reflect more on your tolerance for such a situation in the first place.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:31 AM

24 posts, read 29,009 times
She lives an hour away, and is busy with work and what not, and the 7th is a huge party with all her friends. So when this happens she can then sit there and have her friends look at her like an idiot

Old 05-30-2014, 11:32 AM

All her friends told me this, before all this **** happened. And they aren't saying it because they are trying to be nice. Because when we were "ok" they used to call me and tell me how happy she is and what not and that I treat her incredibly well and that i've been the definition of a great boyfriend. They are saying pretty much the same thing now not as much to me, but to her.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:35 AM

Sorry man, yeah I hear you on that. Not going to lie i'm 21 and this is my first relationship because I've never been able to settle down.. Crazy college girls do some mind blowing things. And now im starting to question why the **** I ever wanted to settle down. Thought it would be nice for a change.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:43 AM

**** this sucks, I really like this girl. You guys think I should inbox this kid on facebook, so I dont sit here like a ***** in his eyes?

Old 05-30-2014, 11:46 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
Just leave and tell her you're not comfortable being in a relationship with her.
You don't need to justify your feelings to anyone or "tell her off"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships