Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 08:23 AM

24 posts, read 29,001 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend went on a trip to visit friends, I couldn't go she got pissed. Later apologized. She met this guy. 2 days later starts acting weird. I text her friend who is an incredible person and very honest and says that I'm the greatest boyfriend to me and her and that she should be very lucky. Anyways, I text her and ask if she could subtly ask my gf whats going on between us, why she's ignoring me. (GF on period) flat out says to her, she doesn't like me anymore and that this guy she met is everything she could want in a guy. (GF also says, she thinks i'm cheating. Never not once, 100% loyal. )So I think she was angry. (Later texts her friend - off her period when she knows I never cheated and says she felt bad and didnt mean she never liked me. But does have feelings for this guy. I know this because her best friend showed me the texts, and pretty much said she has to be insane to leave you. Now, this guy she likes has a best friend since birth. And this best friend since birth is also my GF's incredibly close guy friend for a while. This guy she likes is bad for her regardless, his/her friend told my GF that he is afraid to introduce his Gf to this best friend since birth (Guy she likes) because hes afraid of him hooking up with her. He also mentioned he's the type of guy to go to the bathroom at lunch and come back with a girl. He's a player and will eventually screw her over. Anyways enough about her future.

I confront her about all of this. She's hysterical. She says she needs time to figure things out and she wants to be together still until she figure things out. I called her out and said you are just keeping me around until you figure out things with him. But the crazy part is this. The kid she likes best friend/her best friend WON'T allow them to date because he doesn't want his 2 best friends dating, and she and him respect his wishes (She told me this). However I told her, you are just keeping me around to feel "loved" and have some one here for you while you essentially try and convince your best friend to letting you two date. We had plans a while ago to meet on June 7th for a graduation party. She calls me the other day crying saying she really wants us to work and to be together, but she needs to see him one more time to see if she really does have feelings for him. And the day that is happening, is June 6th, a day before we see eachother. She and him are going to be with a group of about 7, including her/his best friend since birth so nothing will happen. (shes not the cheating type she even said that in the texts to her Bestfriend that I wasnt supose to see). She has been texting me a lot lately with kissy faces and really involved conversations about life and interests that we have never had before, maybe shes trying or maybe shes playing me to keep me around till she dumps me for him. When she called me saying she wants to really give us a shot and have us work she states that she spoke to a lot of her very very close friends, some I know and some from home I havent met. She says Everyone single one of them including her/the guy she likes best friend are all on my side and that she shouldn't be doing what shes doing and that shes making a huge mistake. The only person on her side is, her best friends girlfriend who never really liked me to be honest. But the good news is all her friends said that I am literally the greatest boy friend and how they all hope to find a guy like me (my gf told me this). So I say to her, if you want to give us a legit shot you can't see him. You need to erase his number, and all social medias. But you need to let him know what is going on, and even if he contacts you, you cannot contact back. I don't think thats unfair for me to ask.. Since she met this guy once in her life, for a couple hours. And i've been dating her for 5 months. She agrees, but says she needs to go and see him this one last time June 6th and that we are still on for the 7th.

So heres what I think i'm going to do. I'm not going to text her at all on the 6th and ask how it went, im going to act as if i really couldn't give two ****s, unless she hits me with it first. Then come the 7th, I'll feel her out, read her vibes, if she looks guilty / sad n **** I know they had a great time etc... Even if shes all over me and happy. I'm going to later in the night bring her outside to talk or somewhere private. And say, it's either him or me. And if it's me, you cannot talk to him, you cannot see him. You cant talk to him threw a nother person. Nothing no contact. And I have a feeling shes going to say something like "thats not fair to him" or some bull****. And I'm going to respond, its not fair to your loyal, amazing all your friends love boyfriend to continue this. So you have an option, say yes and agree to my terms or i'm breaking up with you right now.

What do you guys think, please help I really need it.

Thanks much!

Old 05-30-2014, 09:04 AM

Ha sorry about that, I just wanted every detail present for a good evaluation. Thanks for the advice, any one else? would love to her something a little more!

Old 05-30-2014, 09:07 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,272 times
Just tell her you want to hang out with this girl you know to see if you like her and she how she reacts

Old 05-30-2014, 09:08 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Have some self respect and dump her now.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:11 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,840,052 times
leave.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:17 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,844,740 times
Too many words, I only read the headline.

Dump her, you should more respect for yourself than to let her string you along like that. People don't get to "test drive" other relationships. If you're in a relationship, be in it 100% or get out. It really is that simple. She's not in it 100%, so GET OUT.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-05-2014 at 08:52 AM..

Old 05-30-2014, 09:20 AM

240 posts, read 240,281 times
Tell her, "I don't play second fiddle to anyone. But now you are single because I'm dumping you, so you can go date whomever you want."

The end.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:23 AM

You guys are right and I think i'm just going to tell her off on the 7th. Would love to hear more feedback, every little bit really helps with the confidence etc.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:23 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
She just said she is not committed to you. She has already made her choice.

She is not your GF.

What more do you need to know?

It sucks because it was very cruel, but you need to get your self away from this person.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:32 AM

240 posts, read 240,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoman788 View Post
You guys are right and I think i'm just going to tell her off on the 7th. Would love to hear more feedback, every little bit really helps with the confidence etc.

Why wait till the 7th? DO IT NOW! Don't tell her off, either. Cold, calm, cool, to the point....then never speak to her again. Don't answer her calls, her texts or her emails.

Have some respect for yourself, dude. Mod cut.

The fact that you even needed to ask this question is, indeed, a sad indictment.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-05-2014 at 08:53 AM.. Reason: Off topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships