Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 11:52 AM

307 posts, read 313,241 times

Advertisements

Theres this guy I've worked with for the last year or so, he's in his very early twenties.
At the beginning, actually for like six months straight i'd say we hardly spoke because we didnt work in the same department, but he would always stare at me for lengthy periods of time lol whilst walking past and everytime I would go somewhere to talk to my friend or something he would be watching and sometimes it seemed like he'd eavesdrop.
There were also incidents where he'd talk really loudly around me and show off with the things he would say to other people and then id notice him looking back at me and this colleague of mine who i used to work with in the past noticed it and she said he was probably trying to impress me or something, but i just shrugged it off lol.

Anyway after months and months when we actually started to proper work in the same area/department he started to talk to me.but mostly in an immature way, i.e making funny jokes and sarcastic comments, and then he would like tease me all the time and playfully block my path when im trying to get somewhere and throw things at me lol.
When he won't be doing that I still always notice him staring at me randomly, sometimes i'll be doing something and I can literally feel his eyes on me watching me and when i look up he's smiling..like he finds me amusing.

About a month ago...he was being his usual self i.e teasing me in a jokey way and I must have said to someone "hes such a weirdo" lol..and then this other colleague of mine she said I think he's got a soft spot for you ..and she goes to him "why don't you just quit wasting time and just ask her out".and literally there were about six or seven other people around. I assumed he would just ignore the comment but instead he came up to me and he was like ok so will you go out with me..and i just walked away, I had no idea what to say or how to react lol..but at the same time I didn't know if he was just going along with what she said about him having a soft spot and just going along with the joke. Following that he kept calling my name and saying where are you I want to speak to you..why did you disappear..and then he came up to me when no one was around and he said I asked you out why did you reject me for? ..i was literally silent lol.

After that every time he saw me he would keep asking me I asked u out why you ignoring me for etc etc... But then everything he says I assume is just him being him and being a joker, so i just dont take him seriously and never know what to say..
After a while it just changed from that to actually naming a restaurant..and saying will u go with me here..it will be my treat, and i usually either just walk away or change the subject or sont say anything .
And hes started saying all the things that a guy would say to a girl he's interested in or likes but I dont know again if he's just still playing along or not since my colleague said he's got a "soft spot" for me.
He keeps continuing to watch me while i interact with other people and then he'll come up to me and say so why did u really reject me is it because you've got other options or you think youre too good for me ...
and then he'll just always always flirt and say outrageous things like what we going to name our kid and i'm going to have to pull in more hours to provide for you...

About a day ago or so he came up to me But with a friend and said exactly the same i.e when you going to go to this restaurant with me then..and his friend was making jokes...and he said to me come on why dont you ever answer me straight...and lets go and then he's like wear a nice dress and we'll go today after work..but obviously it wasnt possible to just go like that..but again i didnt kno if he's serious

Anyway I have no idea to this day..lol..whether he is just bored and simply occupying himself by flirting with me and teasing me all the time or whether he genuinely is interested and would go out with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 11:59 AM

**** also A good friend of mine who actually really has fancied him from day one ..lol..is just saying that the guy is not being serious because she thinks im an easy target and that apparently im slow at getting jokes lol..
Shes never spoken to him...but she's always had this big crush..just like she thinks hes really hot and talks about him a lot..But I dont tell her everything that the guy says to me just incase she gets upset.

I actually mentioned her to him ..when he asked me for the millionth time why dont you put on a dress and come out with me..I said why dont you take ___ out (my friend) and he saidd who? so i explained who she was and he then said ok but im asking you..and then i mentioned her a second time u can go out with her..and hes just like only if you pay for it then i'll go out with her..whereas with me he actually said he would pay for me.

Old 06-03-2014, 11:59 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Why are you messing with this guy if you have no intentions to date him?

If you don't want to date him, say no and let the guy off the dang hook!

If you do want to go out with him, say yes and go!

[rant] What is wrong with young people these days? Y'all spend so much time in your phones you have no idea how to relate to a real human being. It's a wonder people can still have babies! [/rant]

Old 06-03-2014, 12:05 PM

IM not messing with him..im clearly showing no interest.

Plus hes only like 21/22..and he has this schoolboy attitude..the way he talks to me and jokea around with me..so im not sure if he's being serious or not..

to be honest im assumming most of the time he is just having fun with me..and he hasnt really got the intention to take me out..

you would understand if you heard him speak..its in a very lighthearted manner..
so i cannot tell if he really is interested ..thats what im trying to say

Old 06-03-2014, 12:07 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,599 times
If you don't care if he's interested, why does it matter if he is joking or not?

Old 06-03-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
If you don't care if he's interested, why does it matter if he is joking or not?
because my friend likes him...or fancies him whatever.

Old 06-03-2014, 12:21 PM

61,734 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Misleading. The title for this thread should be:

Why I am joking around when I am not interested?

Old 06-03-2014, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Misleading. The title for this thread should be:

Why I am joking around if I am not interested?
But im not joking.. i usually brush him off..to him its a no..but he seems to be persistent...
However u gotta understand tht the only reason he said "will u go out with me" is following a comment from a fellow colleague..and the kind of person that he is he is the type to go along with something just for the fun of it ..
so there

Old 06-03-2014, 12:26 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,599 times
So then tell him your friend likes him and be done with it.

Or do you secretly like the attention?

Old 06-03-2014, 12:31 PM

22,592 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Why are you messing with this guy if you have no intentions to date him?

If you don't want to date him, say no and let the guy off the dang hook!

If you do want to go out with him, say yes and go!

[rant] What is wrong with young people these days? Y'all spend so much time in your phones you have no idea how to relate to a real human being. It's a wonder people can still have babies! [/rant]
Seriously!
In all the time it took to write that drama, the issue could have been resolved...

The OP strings this guy along with silence... and she thinks HE is the joker. :::shaking head:::

OP, TALK to him and tell him yes or no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships