Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 10:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,131 times

Advertisements

I've got myself in a bit of dilemma an I'm not sure how to resolve it or proceed.... I hope on reading this you don't think too badly of me....

In December (having been single for 2 yrs) I met a really nice guy from home (let's call him T) and we hit off and we started seeing each other, it turned out we lived very close to each other (despite never meeting before) so we spent a lot of time together a each others homes, it was intense... However it was always going to come to an end, we both new at the start I'd be leaving an moving with work (over 7 hrs travel away). Although we fell for each other, we didn't want to get into a long distance relationship, so had a very emotional goodbye and vowed to stay friends.... That was in April. Since I've left we've spoken / skyped at least 2 or 3 times a week, I love talking to him and think about him a lot, however I resolved myself to the fact it wasn't going anywhere.... So Ive been slowly reducing contact.

In late May, I went abroad with a group of friends most of which are single, while away I clicked with one of the guys, who I've known for about a year or so, we've worked together on a project before and we've always had good chat 'banter' and laughter, one night in a drunken state, he confessed he really fancied me and I guess I liked the attention, I fancied him and responded to his advances (let's call him S)... We basically ended up having a week long romance, but again he lives far away (8 hrs travel...) so when we parted again left it as friends (or so I thought). In that time I had no contact with T.

When I got back home S contacted me and said he was coming to see me ( I was really flatter and excited), I hadn't spoken to T, but I knew he was also away with family, but I did feel very guilty, even though we were no longer 'together' I still have feelings for him, but also now had feelings for S... S came to visit for a long weekend and we had an amazing time..

After S left, T text me saying we needed to talk, we had a long chat and he said he didn't care about the distance and wanted to make some plans so at some point we could get back together, really this should have been my queue to tell him about S, but I just couldn't ( I know I'm a chicken...). Meanwhile S also emailed me saying the same thing... Now I'm really confused and I don't know what to do, I really like them both a lot, I don't want to hurt either of them, yet I'm leaving both dangling.... Both are keen to make plans for 4th July as it's a bank holiday, but I keep making excuses as I can't decide what to do.... Any advice??? Help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 10:55 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,393,337 times
Play'n ain't easy.

I say flip a coin.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:59 PM

61,971 posts, read 87,635,027 times
Find a third one. Obviously neither one of those two is the right one, otherwise you would KNOW.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:09 PM

18,162 posts, read 15,674,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Play'n ain't easy.

I say flip a coin.
Ummm...yea. Good as any solution here. I regard less of how this turns out, sooner or later yer gonna get caught if you keep this up. Mmmm Hmm...yeppers...awkward!!! Ohh I feel your anxiety, its not easy for guys to find out they are sharing a girl, unbeknownst to them. Causes.... interesting...reactions too.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:19 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,741,225 times
As usual, polygamy is the easiest answer.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:24 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,919,176 times
D p

Old 06-26-2014, 11:39 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,015,367 times
I would just honestly explain the sit to both of them. Tell T how you thought you were supposed to be moving on... so you did. Tell S how you thought T was out of the picture and now he is not. And see what they say. Ask them for suggestions.

If nothing else, hearing how they talk and think about the issue will help you get to know each of them better.

Quote:
As usual, polygamy is the easiest answer.
Works for me! Polyandry, in this case.

Old 06-27-2014, 12:28 AM

23,298 posts, read 29,160,111 times
As they say in the Far East: Choice is agony, choicelessness is freedom!

No agony in the Middle East! Your parents will arrange a marriage for you, like it or not! Ah! Freedom from choice!

Let's hope your agony soon comes to an abrupt halt!

Old 06-27-2014, 12:34 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,511,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
D p
Agreed.

[test of endurance, commitment, power, etc.]

Old 06-27-2014, 12:41 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,477,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Agreed.

[test of endurance, commitment, power, etc.]
If you break out the webcam I'm sure there is a few bucks in it as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships