Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 12:37 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,921 times

Advertisements

my mother has always cursed like a sailor. i certainly do not think of my mother, who has never drank nor taken drugs in her life, and taken care of many a senior relative when their worthless, higher class children were too busy buffing the knobs on their ivory towers, as low class. class is more than language, people. many, many fantastic writers and cultured people swore like sailors. are we in the fifties? if anybody is offended by cursing, (as long as it is in appropriate company) then F%#k them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 04:26 AM

1,741 posts, read 4,576,070 times
I guess there is a time and place for it. In most situations it seems rude and inappropriate for anybody (women or men) to be cursing and swearing. I remember being in Walmart the other day and some woman was using F this, that and the other, she was angry something about her phone and she was letting them know about it in a big way. I was thinking, it is people like her who give people fuel for "people of walmart".

Yes I am guilty of using bad language, but I know how to pick the appropriate settings to do so. I try to only use it if it is going to be very funny, or I do if I get really angry, and then it is only in front of my husband. (he is usually the cause of it anyway)

Old 12-29-2010, 07:02 AM

261 posts, read 527,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by internat View Post
In Europe, British women are among the worst. It really can make a physically attractive women seem less desirable.
Haha finally an explanation of what i'm f***ing doing wrong. Scaring away all those good guys that are offended by the F-word. Golly gosh if only I could find a partner in crime to attend my knitting club or dictionary crew!

Anyone that is offended by swearing in their presence be it in an exam, a bar or the supermarket. Seriously does need to get a life. If it's not directed to you why don't you mind your own business or even leave like you have threatened. At the end of the day its a personal choice. How we conduct ourselves in certain situations. It doesn't make you class-less or uneducated. Like a previous poster said this isn't the 1950's. Times have changed.

I would personally take a interesting, fun filled conversation over any door opening any day.

And Don Vito I can only imagine that any woman unlucky enough to have to endure half hour with you. May turn from nun to sailor in the hope of gaining a hasty exit.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:16 AM

727 posts, read 540,327 times
Oh yeah there must be different words for men and different words for women what to use When man hit his toe he is allowed to curse but if woman hit her toe she have to thank god from opportunity to learn more patient

Old 12-29-2010, 07:22 AM

1,373 posts, read 3,127,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Yay - now women can speak like low lifes. We have come a long way baby.
yep, equality is good, but not when you lower the standard to equalize it. men should cuss LESS, women shouldn't cuss more. i know cussing is 'just words' but i think the classier a society the better. of course we shouldn't ban cussing that's ridiculous, but my God, does every hit song need a swear word in it?

Old 12-29-2010, 06:57 PM

3,511 posts, read 5,307,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I had just finished taking my second law school exam this week. A 3 hour exam had just finished and I was packing up my stuff when I heard this 20-something year old woman say to another 20-something, "I thought that test was shi_tty!" I used to hear men talk like this all the time, but it seems that women now use more profanity than the guys. What gives? A generational thing? Some kind of new trend?
It's the new millennium, get over it. I can tell you never worked in a factory before. It just happens. People say...... use creative vocabulary to find more interesting words. What, so now on one knows what you are saying or mean? I'd think, what a weirdo or dork! LOL "I'm contemplating taking a stroll down the hallway to enter my abode, where I can slip into my facade reading my newsprint and have a bowl movement"! You mean you are going to the head to read the paper and take a s***? LMAO Speak up, say what you mean and stop jerking the rest of us around!

Last edited by Axle grease; 12-29-2010 at 08:14 PM.. Reason: I can't spell! LOL

Old 12-29-2010, 07:35 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
It's not anymore rude or appalling when a woman swears than when a man does. That is to say, sometimes it's rude and appalling, sometimes it's no biggie. No matter who's doing it. But it's certainly not any more or less shocking due to gender.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:56 PM

If you ladies slam your thumb in the car door are you going to say........... "Oh, fiddlesticks"? I sure hope not! LOL

Old 12-29-2010, 08:06 PM

I seem to have compressed my thumb at the nail line and punctured the skin, thus delivering excruciating pain and drawing blood! BS........... "Ow, DAMMIT"!!!! LOL

Old 12-29-2010, 10:58 PM

130 posts, read 336,124 times
Har har har. I cannot believe the double standard on this thread. It is okay for a man to curse yet maintain his respect but if a woman curses then she is trash? It is one thing to argue that anyone who curses loses respect but to discriminate on the basis of gender is unjust and sexist.

A female should not lose certain rights for being a female and that includes freedom of speech. I can understand if one does not like profanity but to allow exceptions to males in certain circumstances but not females is wrong. That goes against equality and encourages the belief that men are superior to women which is just not the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships