Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2014, 11:56 PM

5 posts, read 3,742 times

Advertisements

My ex (let's call him Jack) and I broke up but decided we still wanted to stay friends. We talked a bunch after the break up until his phone broke one day. He messaged me and a few other friends on Facebook asking for our #'s because the phone company couldn't transfer his contacts. I messaged him my number after reading his message. He never texted me.

Since I didn't know if he changed his # when he got his new phone, I didn't text him either. I instead messaged him on Facebook. He saw the messages, but never responded to any of them. We haven't talked in almost a week.

A few days ago my friend and I were talking about him. I found out he hadn't changed his # and she'd told me she'd texted him earlier saying "Hey Jack!" and the first thing he texted back to her was asking "Is this Sara (me)?" We'd had a good laugh about it before she said she had to go to bed, and we bid "goodnight" to each other.

Should this mean anything to me? Did he miss talking to me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 12:09 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,683,087 times
I would say it means he doesn't want to talk to you, he wants to go no contact (on his terms). He probably does miss talking to you. People usually take this extreme measure of going no contact, especially without word, because it will be hard to do and they will miss you. They want to make it as easy as possible for them to succeed in severing things with you because they think that is the best thing for you both.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:29 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,424,333 times
You guys sound young like he needs to sow his oats before he considers marriage with you.

And, yes he probably misses you but to the depth that you miss him? I'd look at his actions as a clearer indicator.

Old 06-18-2014, 05:52 AM

639 posts, read 679,838 times
May be possible he miss talking to you but, if he really wants to talk with you then why didn't he reply on facebook.. well If you want to talk with him and you know that he will like to talk with you then text him, otherwise wait for his text and see dose he really want to stay friend and keep in touch with you or not.. because after all he is your ex now..

Old 06-18-2014, 02:46 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,976,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvConquersAll View Post
My ex (let's call him Jack) and I broke up but decided we still wanted to stay friends. We talked a bunch after the break up until his phone broke one day. He messaged me and a few other friends on Facebook asking for our #'s because the phone company couldn't transfer his contacts. I messaged him my number after reading his message. He never texted me.

Since I didn't know if he changed his # when he got his new phone, I didn't text him either. I instead messaged him on Facebook. He saw the messages, but never responded to any of them. We haven't talked in almost a week.

A few days ago my friend and I were talking about him. I found out he hadn't changed his # and she'd told me she'd texted him earlier saying "Hey Jack!" and the first thing he texted back to her was asking "Is this Sara (me)?" We'd had a good laugh about it before she said she had to go to bed, and we bid "goodnight" to each other.

Should this mean anything to me? Did he miss talking to me?
No.

He doesn't want to talk to you.

The broken phone, no returned texted or FB messages weren't enough for ya?

Let it go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships