Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 02:11 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,308,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Not to throw a monkey wrench into the whole dog/cat debate, but what about us bird people???

Hubby and I are bird people. We're part of the flock!!!
Bird people are cool, too! As long as they also love dogs.

I love bird people. I used to be one - I had a cockatiel many years ago. I'd love to have another bird, but it wouldn't be safe around my dogs, and I would never want to confine one to a cage all day. I've thought about getting finches, though. I love the sounds they make.

Old 12-17-2007, 03:26 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Are we talking about small finches or big parrots and macaws? The problem with large birds is that they are messy and noisy creatures, and like to wake up the household at the crack of dawn, even when their cages are covered. lol

Old 12-17-2007, 03:47 PM

788 posts, read 2,111,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
There are no advantages, there is a bill for 100 dollars taped right here to my computer desk for that tow, and this thread is about cats/dogs!

He can change all the light bulbs he wants. He can light my pilot. The buck stops there. That is it. Nothing else. NONONO Bad KALO! BAD!
Oh honey I think he wants to light your pilot! See - you opened that door yourself!!

Old 12-17-2007, 05:24 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love the Bears View Post
Oh honey I think he wants to light your pilot! See - you opened that door yourself!!
THE PILOT FOR THE GAS LOGS WOMAN!!!!!!!!!! And I am sure he does. UUUGGGGHHHHHH

Old 12-17-2007, 08:50 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,767,807 times
Oh. My. Goodness.

Just found this thread, and now I understand the 'Cletus' ref. on your other thread, Robyn.

ROFL.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:54 AM
sun

683 posts, read 2,125,183 times
I'm a dog person with an allergy to both dog and cat hair. The longer the hair the worse the reaction. But I really love boxers so much that I'm offically a boxer person.
We met a neighborhood boxer once down around Luray, VA (near Luray caverns) while we were on our honeymoon "tour". Her name was Sheba, and all three of us romped in the field and we just fell in love with the breed.
We soon bought a boxer puppy and it became just like our first baby. I could tolerate his short hair pretty well without much of a problem.
To this day we have collected a lot of boxer memorabilia and have it displayed around the house. While we'll probably never have another one, we're both still very much boxer people. My wife grew up in a "cat house" with several cats, but like me, nothing makes both of our hearts sing quite like seeing a boxer. Just thinking about them, especially ours, makes me feel giggly!

Old 12-18-2007, 05:48 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Hmm. Now, I could handle having a dog. Not that I am not a dog person or anything. just can't have one right now. The cats sort of take care of themselves....LOL

A dog is a lot of work, and I don't have a lot of time to walk a dog and all of that good stuff. Now, if there were two of me.... then maybe. Or maybe down the road. A dog. Who knows, I leave the giggling at boxers to Sun.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:06 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,598,343 times
I'm a dog person and wouldn't want to be in a relationship with a cat person. I don't think I've ever met a guy who was a cat person....at least, any guy I'd consider dating.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:14 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Default re: doggie obsessions....

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
I'm a dog person and wouldn't want to be in a relationship with a cat person. I don't think I've ever met a guy who was a cat person....at least, any guy I'd consider dating.
We have a "mini-ranch" with lots of endearing critters of all kinds, but I'd agree that dog lovers are a "breed"(!) apart from most other pet owners. Especially the folks who don't just love their dog, they l-o-o-o-v-e their dog! Or as some "wag" put it, "the love that dare not bark its name".

A couple years ago while in the singles scene following a divorce, I signed up with some of the online dating services. Was amazed how many women would include in their profiles, "love me-love my dog", "my dog is my best friend", or even things like "Buddy and I have a 'spiritual" bond'!. Many women would post pictures of themselves with their dog, and some also posted pictures of the dog(s) alone!

My current "significant other" has an idea that women who might have issues with self-esteem and vulnerability, may be more likely to form intense "substitute bonds" with their pet as a "safe" and controllable alternative.

Old 10-05-2008, 02:35 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Dog people can be broken up into subgroups that are aficionados of certain breeds. While I am a huge animal person, I couldn't be with a man that was into pitbulls or the ilk. There are a few more dog breeds that I don't like either (like boxers, dalmatians, beagles and chihuahuas).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships