Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 11:12 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,683 times

Advertisements

What??? Are you telling me that you'd stay married to a woman who was cheating on you? Perhaps you're one of those men who suffer no jealousy. There are men like that. Like those men that enjoy swinging - you know, you like to share your wife, and your wife likes to share you, that kind of thing.

Me, I would never stay with a cheating man. 1 incident and he gets the Doc Maarten boot firmly planted on his sorry behind. In fact, just 1 appearance of impropriety and he'd get the boot. Second chances are not a chapter in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
cheating smyeating!
bleh...

there are actually women out there that think that a man "cheating" is means for divorce, lol

after all they went through to get married, whether is was trickery or by force via ultimatums and bully tactics they have the nerve...smh

there are even women married to pro athletes that expect them to be faithful, lmao are they forreal?

i remember i was messing with this hispanic chick when i was like 20, she was just a jump off she knew from the beginning that i had a woman and she used to have the nerve to tell me not to 'cheat' on her...omg females are hilarious
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 04:18 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
This story sounds very close to a thread that was started a month or so ago.
I'll have to find it.
I was thinking the exact same thing

To answer the question though - as others have already stated, sure women cared - they just had fewer options to actually DO anything about it when a husband cheated. This isn't rocket science....

Old 06-16-2014, 04:33 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,774,865 times
You also have to keep in mind that sex back then was often first and foremost about procreating. It was often done in under 15 minutes in the missionary position. Men would hear of more adventurous women out there and when they came along, they jumped. There were no sexual discussions like we have today to pressure couples into trying new things and keeping stuff interesting. I remember one time a lady in her 70's was in a room of younger women and somehow the topic of oral sex came up. We all knew her and her husband for years, family friend. She sat there and listened and then blurted out, "how on God's green earth could you ladies ever put that disgusting thing in your mouth." The room fell silent and this wave of sorrow towards her husband ensued by me. I thought, "that poor ole SOB"

And this was the mentality of lots of women from the WW2 era. It was a chore to be done, not much more.

Old 06-16-2014, 04:59 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,369,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
cheating smyeating!

bleh...

there are actually women out there that think that a man "cheating" is means for divorce, lol

after all they went through to get married, whether is was trickery or by force via ultimatums and bully tactics they have the nerve...smh

there are even women married to pro athletes that expect them to be faithful, lmao are they forreal?

i remember i was messing with this hispanic chick when i was like 20, she was just a jump off she knew from the beginning that i had a woman and she used to have the nerve to tell me not to 'cheat' on her...omg females are hilarious
Always fun when the sociopaths weigh in...

Old 06-16-2014, 08:58 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
My grandparents have been married for 62 years. My grandfather had two out of wedlock children from affairs and my grandmother didn't make a scandal. Sure divorce was not really an option because she was/is religious and also didn't work. But didn't really make a spectacle when he told her about the children.

She said she didn't even considered divorce and they seem to have grown closer over the years. She had a stroke a few months ago, doesn't speak and is either in a bed or the wheelchair. He's always very attentive with her.

Did women in the past were more forgiving and didn't care as much?
Economically, women couldn't make it. A few decades ago, a degreed women would peak at secretary, and she had best "play nice" with the boss, without protesting.

It was an atmostphere of coercion, not acceptence.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:40 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,437,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
You also have to keep in mind that sex back then was often first and foremost about procreating. It was often done in under 15 minutes in the missionary position. Men would hear of more adventurous women out there and when they came along, they jumped. There were no sexual discussions like we have today to pressure couples into trying new things and keeping stuff interesting. I remember one time a lady in her 70's was in a room of younger women and somehow the topic of oral sex came up. We all knew her and her husband for years, family friend. She sat there and listened and then blurted out, "how on God's green earth could you ladies ever put that disgusting thing in your mouth." The room fell silent and this wave of sorrow towards her husband ensued by me. I thought, "that poor ole SOB"

And this was the mentality of lots of women from the WW2 era. It was a chore to be done, not much more.
Oh please. Every generation thinks they invented sex, and there's no way their grandparents ever did *this* or *that* - nope, not my grandma!

One lady does not a generation make.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:47 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
If that's so men aren't very smart or strong.
It's amazing the number of guys who will claim guys aren't smart or strong. The guys who actually ARE smart and strong come across that way.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-17-2014, 04:36 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
No, women had no other choices. Your grandpa was scum.

Old 06-17-2014, 04:54 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
What??? Are you telling me that you'd stay married to a woman who was cheating on you? Perhaps you're one of those men who suffer no jealousy. There are men like that. Like those men that enjoy swinging - you know, you like to share your wife, and your wife likes to share you, that kind of thing.

Me, I would never stay with a cheating man. 1 incident and he gets the Doc Maarten boot firmly planted on his sorry behind. In fact, just 1 appearance of impropriety and he'd get the boot. Second chances are not a chapter in my book.

Me neither. The two reasons I would divorce would be infidelity or abuse. He has sex outside of marriage? then he wont have a marriage.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:47 PM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
I remember one time a lady in her 70's was in a room of younger women and somehow the topic of oral sex came up. We all knew her and her husband for years, family friend. She sat there and listened and then blurted out, "how on God's green earth could you ladies ever put that disgusting thing in your mouth." The room fell silent and this wave of sorrow towards her husband ensued by me. I thought, "that poor ole SOB"
If we're making conjectures, it's just as likely that this woman's husband's idea of sex involved him grunting in her ear for five minutes and rolling over and snoring. The lady probably never had an orgasm in her life. Poor thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships