Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you pay $6,000 to treat a condition that prevented you from having sex if you were single?
Yes, I would pay $6,000. 22 28.57%
No, I wouldn't pay $6,000. 47 61.04%
Other- please explain 8 10.39%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 11:34 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,604,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Sweet, I'm not talking about going to a regular therapist to "talk". I'm referring to hypnotherapy--hypnosis/psychotherapy. It gets deeper into the psyche than regular "how are you feeling" couch talk. Is the surgery 100% guaranteed? Your issue isn't rare sweetie. I know women with that same problem but they aren't terrified of the thought of penetration. That's where it's different. You said yourself that there were events in your childhood that made you terrified. It's a fear, which is psychological. Your brain is convincing your body that penetration is bad. The plastic surgeon can only "fix" the physical part. I don't know--I think I would FREAK if I woke up with something inserted in me lol
He says that all the women wake up with a huge smile on their face because they're so excited to see that they can be penetrated by something large without pain. lol

But I'm not against looking into a local hypnotherapist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 11:35 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
When I initially started looking into my fear, I found lots of self-help things specifically about vaginismus (books, DVDs, online forums), so I just wanted to deal with it on my own. I feel like it's something that doctors and therapists don't know a lot about because it's rare, and I'd rather see someone who's truly knowledgeable about it (like the plastic surgeon). I'm not anti-therapy in general, but I don't feel they would tell me anything that I haven't already read in the self-help books.
Then surely you've noticed that the forums generally do not recommend Botox to treat this issue....

It may be recommended for vaginismus, but not genophobia. Vaginismus is VERY different from how you describe your phobia. Women with vaginismus CAN have sex, but the pain is their main concern.

You cannot even get that far, and you need a PhD-level psychotherapist to help you figure out why.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:37 AM

31,013 posts, read 22,056,089 times
Quote:
I'd say it's more about the actual penetration just because intercourse isn't my only fear. I can't do anything that involves penetration right now.
How about sticking with oral?

Quote:
I don't have a fear of it, have done it a few times, but I don't love it.
Just saw that^. Maybe, oral and a vibe then?

Old 06-17-2014, 11:38 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
Quote:
He says that all the women wake up with a huge smile on their face .
EVERY guy says that. LOL

Old 06-17-2014, 11:48 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,231,782 times
Quote:
He says that all the women wake up with a huge smile on their face because they're so excited to see that they can be penetrated by something large without pain. lol

Yeah, but what happens when the drugs wear off? LOL

Hey, who knows--maybe the hypnotherapy could be the answer?

Old 06-17-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Then surely you've noticed that the forums generally do not recommend Botox to treat this issue....

It may be recommended for vaginismus, but not genophobia. Vaginismus is VERY different from how you describe your phobia. Women with vaginismus CAN have sex, but the pain is their main concern.

You cannot even get that far, and you need a PhD-level psychotherapist to help you figure out why.
Primary vaginismus refers to women who have never successfully been penetrated so that includes me, but I'll admit that I've read much more about vaginismus than genophobia. Also genophobia refers to just sex whereas vaginismus can involve difficulty with all types of penetration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
How about sticking with oral?

Just saw that^. Maybe, oral and a vibe then?
I can't just stick to oral because guys want more than that.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:04 PM

675 posts, read 544,059 times
Quote:
They all love frequent, vigorous intercourse with well-endowed partners too though, right?
No women say it hurts and want me to finish fast.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Real therapy is nothing like the books you have read. Therapy for this sort of issue does not involve much talking
So what else would it involve?

Quote:
Therapists, not doctors and plastic surgeons, are the people with professional expertise and training to permanently cure problems like yours.

Seeing a plastic surgeon for this job would be like seeing a tattoo artist to get rid of skin cancer. It would be dangerous and a waste of money.
I'm not sure how the doctor got involved with treating vaginismus, but I've only heard good things about him.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:17 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,231,782 times
Quote:
So what else would it involve?

I'm not sure how the doctor got involved with treating vaginismus, but I've only heard good things about him.
I think what Nila means, and I have to agree with her, is that reading the books is nothing like actually going to see the therapist.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:02 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Quote:

Until you address the real problem - irrational fears and anxiety - you will continue to struggle with issues like this in your life Sweet.

Don't just treat the symptom, treat the root cause of your problem so you will be freed of all fear
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships