Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 07:21 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,875,674 times

Advertisements

Why in this day and age does it seem to be lacking? Seems like there are two extremes when it comes to what I regularly see here. The uptight and the obsessed. Both are unhealthy fixations. Okay, so maybe those words don't necessarily convey a judgement free zone to openly discuss this topic, but are they not valid? Shouldn't one strive to find some middle ground in order to maintain a functional relationship with the greatest number of potential partners?

And yes, I realize the irony of this thread considering the lyrics I have posted in my status.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 07:25 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
I think the web, and discussions on the web, tend to promote polarization of positions. Not just about sex, but about all issues, especially politics.

Maybe it isn't restricted to the web, but it seems to proliferate here.

I think most of us, in our day to day relationships, have more of a middle ground. Since I might have one point of view, the cute girl I like has a different one, so there is going to be a middle ground found naturally. I hope so anyway.

Old 06-25-2014, 07:43 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,999,377 times
It's restricted to this site. I have never seen this stuff on other relationship advice forums.

Old 06-25-2014, 07:46 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,599,905 times
Yeah, I've never personally experienced the same saturation of bizarre views such as I see regularly posted here.

Old 06-25-2014, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Yeah, I've never personally experienced the same saturation of bizarre views such as I see regularly posted here.

What an endorsement of CD

Old 06-25-2014, 07:55 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,435,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

It's true though. lol

Old 06-25-2014, 08:11 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
What do you mean with this post.

CD relationships in particular has some of the most bizarre thinking that I've never seen in real life. I mean some of the stuff just floors me. I wonder if in real life people keep their deepest thoughts to themselves or what, I don't know.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:16 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,999,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
It's true though. lol
Oh it sure is!

Things I have only ever heard on CD (and in history books, some of them):

- a sexually experienced fiance/wife is a bad thing

- women have a sell by date, but men only get more attractive with age

- women are less horny than men

- men can hate women (all women) and still want to bang them (all of them, I guess)

- waiting many months to have sex is a good idea

It's all bizarro world, as far I as I am concerned.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
What do you mean with this post.

CD relationships in particular has some of the most bizarre thinking that I've never seen in real life. I mean some of the stuff just floors me. I wonder if in real life people keep their deepest thoughts to themselves or what, I don't know.

It was a sarcastic "compliment"

Yeah, the people on here, with some exception of some regulars, are nothing like in real life... there are so many socially dysfunctional people on here, and angry people, adult virgins, judgmental people, non-trusting types, etc etc that for the most it is sheer entertainment and nothing more. I think one of the mild statements made on here that keeps making me chuckle inside was when one lady poster referred to a guy into tickling (one of the most mild fetishes ever) was into "the dark side of sex". Just jaw dropping.

It makes me feel healthy and sane

Old 06-25-2014, 08:19 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times
A lot of things I see on the internet concerning relationships are bizarre, and I honestly wish I stayed off the internet after seeing what I saw on here. Eh.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships