Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 06:10 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,618,997 times

Advertisements

Men, want to land a girlfriend? Well, first you may need to ... land a girlfriend. Or two. A new study out of Australia finds that women are more likely to find a man desirable if he's already had one or two partners, the country's ABC News reports. "There appears to be a significant desirability advantage for men who have been previously selected as a romantic partner,"

Women go for 'road-tested' mates › News in Science (ABC Science)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 06:17 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,373,565 times
I have only come across one adult man who, at the time, had no relationship experience. I would assume that the majority of adult men have had at least one or two relationships or partners.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:17 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,450,144 times
Not true for me, I preferred to have found a virgin man like me when I was online dating.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:22 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,737,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Men, want to land a girlfriend? Well, first you may need to ... land a girlfriend. Or two. A new study out of Australia finds that women are more likely to find a man desirable if he's already had one or two partners, the country's ABC News reports. "There appears to be a significant desirability advantage for men who have been previously selected as a romantic partner,"

Women go for 'road-tested' mates › News in Science (ABC Science)
I'm no longer 18, so of the men I have met, ALL have been with women in some capacity, and generally more than one.

I think the desirability factor in wanting a man who has been with women, comes from fearing that a man who is older and never had a relationship is probably quite strange.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:22 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
Yeah. It's been discussed before that women prefer experienced men.

That's one of the reasons why you see guys on forums making threads about not finding a woman to have a relationship with or date. But a lot of those threads also go into just getting laid and what not.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:23 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times
I wish these ridiculous articles and self help books would all just disappear, and leave people alone.

I seriously don't believe they help in the least. They only exist to make a quick profit and are used for entertainment IMO. Everyone experiences things in life differently...dating cannot possibly be the same for everyone. It's natural and it's not something a book nor an article can teach you how to do it.

No one can live your life but you.

If I truly liked/loved him I wouldn't care how much experience has/doesn't have. It doesn't matter.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:26 PM

244 posts, read 707,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I wish these ridiculous articles and self help books would all just disappear, and leave people alone.

I seriously don't believe they help in the least and only exist to make a quick profit and used for entertainment. Everyone experiences things in life differently...dating cannot possibly be the same for everyone. It's natural and it's not something a book nor a an article can teach you how to do it.

If I truly liked/loved him I wouldn't care how much experience has/doesn't have. It doesn't matter.
I agree 150%, every person is different.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:35 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,737,287 times
Quote:

I seriously don't believe they help in the least. They only exist to make a quick profit and are used for entertainment IMO. Everyone experiences things in life differently...dating cannot possibly be the same for everyone. It's natural and it's not something a book nor an article can teach you how to do it.

While you're at it, can you wish away wacko websites? There are too many weird ones around.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:44 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,194,363 times
Quote:

I agree with this. If I get to know and care for the man, I won't care about how many relationships he's had. Only thing I care would probably care about is if he was a player that used, dehumanized, lied to, and dumped his previous partners. I have no respect for players, and con artists. But I probably still wouldn't know, because what guy would tell his girlfriend he used to be a player lol unless I had seen him with numerous women lol

But a selective guy sounds sexy too. One that maybe only had 1 girlfriend, but because he was selective in the women he got serious with, meaning he's not easy, and any woman could have him, also showing higher principle. That's a man I would feel grateful to have--even if he was a virgin. But, I am no here yet. So, I can't say who I will fall for.

I just don't want a player. I am firm in that.

Old 06-25-2014, 01:42 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,738,449 times
Quote:
I'm gonna call BS on that entirely. When a woman, in general, is interested in a guy, we always hear the interview coming. I always laugh when I hear it as it's a vetting process not unlike picking a candidate in an election. When was your last relationship, what was your longest relationship, are you close with your family, how many women have you slept with, etc. It's just part of it. Give the wrong answers and you're friend zoned or creep zoned pretty easily.

Men and women are quite different when it comes to projects. Men are prone to accept the baggage and take it on if they like a woman. Women are far more prone to find someone who has the right answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships