Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 04:15 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times

Advertisements

I quit reading at "the girlfriend is below him" in whatever status followed that statement.

Basically, stay out of his life, his business and his girlfriends.

Goodness knows there is no way you should be expected to speak with let alone be in the same room with someone who is below him in status.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 06:59 PM

749 posts, read 920,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
I have a good friend that went through a similiar situation with a chick.

She emptied his bank account and made his life miserable for 5 years.

They are in the middle of a divorce.

He is still recovering.
You have been about the only person here that have got it right. This happens all the time. Our fear is that he will marry her, have children, and she will leave the country with my grandsons/daughters, and we never seen them again. Besides he stands to inherit from me over a million dollars, and she knows this.

I know all about letting him make his own decisions, he asked for advice and I have given him all my thoughts. But, she is very smart: She feeds him lots of sex and food=got him hooked.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:00 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hittheroadjack View Post
I know all about letting him make his own decisions, he asked for advice and I have given him all my thoughts. But, she is very smart: She feeds him lots of sex and food=got him hooked.
In that case, your grandson is an idiot, and you can't save him from himself. He'll have to learn by his own mistakes.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:26 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
You have been about the only person here that have got it right. This happens all the time. Our fear is that he will marry her, have children, and she will leave the country with my grandsons/daughters, and we never seen them again. Besides he stands to inherit from me over a million dollars, and she knows this.

LOL

I KNEW this would be the one post you would pay attention to.

Look, your grandson is 29 years old!! How many kids did you already have at 29??

Back up out of your family's business. So many of your posts are gossip about your relatives' lives. Talk about a reflected sense of self. You're projecting your own prejudices on this kid, who is not going to listen to you.

Anything you say against her will push him toward her. Count on that.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:22 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,399,446 times
Quote:

She feeds him lots of sex and food=got him hooked.
Yeah, you are a creepy grandpa. Stop worrying about your grandson's sex life.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:29 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,233,514 times
Quote:
Besides he stands to inherit from me over a million dollars, and she knows this.

^

But, she is very smart: She feeds him lots of sex and food=got him hooked.
^^ That's probably one of the most disturbing comments I've ever read on C-D, especially by a GRANDPARENT.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Besides he stands to inherit from me over a million dollars, and she knows this.
Why would he inherit anything from you? Don't you have kids to leave your estate to?

Old 06-18-2014, 01:40 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why would he inherit anything from you? Don't you have kids to leave your estate to?
And OP, are you planning to die in the next 20 years? If she sticks with him until you kick it, she deserves her cut.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:46 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yes, gramps mentioned a mom and dad in the OP. Strange story.

In other posts OP is a woman.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Yes, gramps mentioned a mom and dad in the OP. Strange story.
Well, not to mention the fact that if there's a grandson, obviously, there's a son or daughter, lol! OP isn't too swift. S/he should probably be off to summer camp sometime soon...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships