Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 07:57 PM

32 posts, read 41,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is great advice!

OP, why are you worried about the opinion of some punk? Talk to your wife about what happened and about how you feel about it. Ask your brother why his son is such a jerk with no manners. Then get on with your life. Presumably you're happy with your role and your wife is, too. If not, go back to work and get day care, as someone suggested.
We don't want our kids raised by someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 08:16 PM

323 posts, read 308,240 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Marty View Post
I've been married to my wife for five years and we have recently had a beautiful girl. My wife didn't want to give up her career so I agreed to stay home and become a house husband. When we visited my brother's house. I was mocked by my 23 year old nephew who called me Mr. Mom and asked me if my wife uses a strap on during sex. My wife was dying in laughter. My nephew has a very traditional sense of masculinity and is macho. He is also poised to inherit my brother's business and make more money than my wife who's an attorney. My wife seemed very into him engaging him about his social life and twirling her hair when he talked to her. I thought hypergamy was dead but i think I was mistaken. My wife said that she could never be with a non feminist guy but now she's attracted to the most chauvinistic guy around. What should I do?
There's so much FAIL there. I'm not really sure where to start.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-18-2014 at 02:34 PM..

Old 06-17-2014, 08:36 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
We don't want our kids raised by someone else.
Great! Then you're both happy with your SAHD role?

Old 06-18-2014, 01:22 AM

479 posts, read 431,534 times
I'd say, "kick that boy's ass!" Wait? Did I just say that?

Old 06-18-2014, 07:22 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,600,795 times
Step 1: Tell your smart-a$$ nephew to shut [Snip.] up.
Step 2: Let your wife know that it wasn't funny and you're upset that she laughed at the stuff your nephew was saying.

Don't divorce her over it. Some C-Ders are so quick to jump on that.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-18-2014 at 02:38 PM..

Old 06-18-2014, 02:17 PM

205 posts, read 245,062 times
Quote:
I've been married to my wife for five years and we have recently had a beautiful girl. My wife didn't want to give up her career so I agreed to stay home and become a house husband. When we visited my brother's house. I was mocked by my 23 year old nephew who called me Mr. Mom and asked me if my wife uses a strap on during sex. My wife was dying in laughter. My nephew has a very traditional sense of masculinity and is macho. He is also poised to inherit my brother's business and make more money than my wife who's an attorney. My wife seemed very into him engaging him about his social life and twirling her hair when he talked to her. I thought hypergamy was dead but i think I was mistaken. My wife said that she could never be with a non feminist guy but now she's attracted to the most chauvinistic guy around. What should I do?
Lmao, oh my god...that's so funny....

Seriously though, sounds like you either need to man up or get ready for one bumpy ride.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:28 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times
Your wife may not have been flirting at all but may have been uneasy around your nephew and uncertain as to how to handle the situation since YOU should have basically stood up for yourself. She was likely waiting for you to take the lead. You know, because it was YOUR family and YOUR masculinity that was being questioned. Why are you intimidated by a man-child who is inheriting a business from his daddy rather than building his own damn career? Why on earth didn't you stand up, pack up your family and leave the house as soon as you were disrespected?

You believe you're doing what's best for your family by being a stay-at-home dad, right? Then ACT LIKE IT. Have the courage of your convictions rather than blaming this situation on your wife.

There was many a time I wanted to come down like the wrath of God on my ex's psychotic mother when she was treating him poorly, but I let him handle it because he was a grownup.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Your wife may not have been flirting at all but may have been uneasy around your nephew and uncertain as to how to handle the situation since YOU should have basically stood up for yourself. She was likely waiting for you to take the lead. You know, because it was YOUR family and YOUR masculinity that was being questioned. Why are you intimidated by a man-child who is inheriting a business from his daddy rather than building his own damn career? Why on earth didn't you stand up, pack up your family and leave the house as soon as you were disrespected?

You believe you're doing what's best for your family by being a stay-at-home dad, right? Then ACT LIKE IT. Have the courage of your convictions rather than blaming this situation on your wife.

There was many a time I wanted to come down like the wrath of God on my ex's psychotic mother when she was treating him poorly, but I let him handle it because he was a grownup.
He actually invested in a garage that really took off. He also has an engineering degree and has a day to day administration job in my brother's business.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:24 PM

205 posts, read 245,062 times
Quote:
He actually invested in a garage that really took off. He also has an engineering degree and has a day to day administration job in my brother's business.
Ok...and? you are a stay at home dad because YOU CHOOSE TO BE. If you are that intimidated by what he has accomplished, then go look for a job(do you have a degree?). Also, the fact that he's an engineer, I would have said something about him having poor social skills to his face, then I would have told him to get out. The fact that you let him disrespect you in front of your wife does make you look weak and she may have been responding to that without realizing it.

Also, he has an engineering degree but works in your brother's business...what's that all about? Why isn't he working at an engineering firm?

Old 06-18-2014, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire and Ice View Post
Ok...and? you are a stay at home dad because YOU CHOOSE TO BE. If you are that intimidated by what he has accomplished, then go look for a job(do you have a degree?). Also, the fact that he's an engineer, I would have said something about him having poor social skills to his face, then I would have told him to get out. The fact that you let him disrespect you in front of your wife does make you look weak and she may have been responding to that without realizing it.

Also, he has an engineering degree but works in your brother's business...what's that all about? Why isn't he working at an engineering firm?
Civil engineering, my brother is in construction. He has actually always been a popular kid, I think he just doesn't respect me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships