Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 07:27 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by variant View Post
I'm a growler, not a dad rock crooner. Projects I've sung on I'd say I'm more like Mikael Stanne (Dark Tranquillity), but a bit more gutteral. Look 'em up.

Not that I don't respect Journey... just that it's 2014... I've got Glass Cloud playing in my car.
Dad rock? Man, I'm even further from the loop than I thought! I've never even heard that term. What does it mean? The music our dads listened to? The band members are all old enough to be my dad? You gotta help me out here, man. Otherwise I'll be forced to fire up google and figure it out on my own.

As for it being 2014, I find I don't care for a lot of the more recent music I hear. Some of it's okay, but some of the older stuff is much better in my opinion. I'm 34, but I'd rather listen to Van Halen, Journey, Led Zeppelin and so on.

I've never even heard of Dark Tranquillity or Glass Cloud. I'm off to google to check them out, per your recommendation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 07:30 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
My guess you would be better off trying to connect with people in person. I have no clue what you look like and I am not goin to fill your ears with pleasing platitudes. If you say you are unattractive I have no choice but to believe you. If you didn't believe it yourself, I wouldn't either. The women you approach may not either.

Just a thought...
A thought he would do well to consider.

When we don't believe in ourselves, love ourselves we project that attitude out in to our interactions with others. They in turn are generally repelled by that and keep on moving past us.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:33 PM

600 posts, read 824,760 times
What is OLD ? I had to also look up HWP as well. I'm 29 and I don't understand any of these abbreviations. Back in the day, we used 'lol' and 'gtg' that was about it.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLMG View Post
What is OLD ? I had to also look up HWP as well. I'm 29 and I don't understand any of these abbreviations. Back in the day, we used 'lol' and 'gtg' that was about it.
OLD is what you are if you have to ask!

Old 06-18-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Dad rock? Man, I'm even further from the loop than I thought! I've never even heard that term. What does it mean? The music our dads listened to? The band members are all old enough to be my dad? You gotta help me out here, man. Otherwise I'll be forced to fire up google and figure it out on my own.

As for it being 2014, I find I don't care for a lot of the more recent music I hear. Some of it's okay, but some of the older stuff is much better in my opinion. I'm 34, but I'd rather listen to Van Halen, Journey, Led Zeppelin and so on.

I've never even heard of Dark Tranquillity or Glass Cloud. I'm off to google to check them out, per your recommendation.
I actually really like their cover of "Everybody Wants to Rule the World"

Betting you'll like this band, at least some of what they do - and they are from Virginia!

Old 06-18-2014, 07:38 PM

Quote:
online dating

Old 06-18-2014, 07:53 PM

600 posts, read 824,760 times
Yikes....I honestly would not have guess that...haha

Old 06-18-2014, 08:03 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Yikes....I honestly would not have guess that...haha
I personally don't like that abbreviation. I'd rather call it OD.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I personally don't like that abbreviation. I'd rather call it OD.
But "OD" stands for "overdose." You know, I think you're on to something here...

Old 06-18-2014, 08:07 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You're "realist" attitude sucks, isn't necessarily real, and you just sound too afraid to do anything about dealing with your issues
Do what? i vent here i dont talk like this in front of people..Most if not all people who meet me think im a pretty positive laid back person..

But you seem to think loving yourself and havving confidence and a positive outlook is the magic elixir to attract women and its not..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships