Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 06:54 AM

281 posts, read 247,439 times

Advertisements

The ways I have been carrying on did not work and do not work anymore.

So basically, so far, guys ask me date. We went on date, then slept with the guy after a few dates. I get emotionally attached when I slept with the guy.

So from now on, "friend zone" the guy. He has to demonstrated to me that he can be patient, see me as his good friend before anything can happen. For me, I need to feel that I can talk, share things with him.

Okay, this is going to effective as of today!!!

Sigh! Hate my life!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 07:01 AM

11,375 posts, read 9,289,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat85 View Post

So basically, so far, guys ask me date. We went on date, then slept with the guy after a few dates. I get emotionally attached when I slept with the guy.

So from now on, "friend zone" the guy. He has to demonstrated to me that he can be patient, see me as his good friend before anything can happen. For me, I need to feel that I can talk, share things with him.

Sigh! Hate my life!
I can relate. I am not fond of life right now either and this is one of the reasons.

For me, no friend first = no relationship of any kind. That's just how I am.

Old 06-16-2014, 07:03 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,994,095 times
Young people problems. Stop giving it away or only have sex if it is a mutual decision not to have strings or attachments.

Old 06-16-2014, 07:55 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,620,994 times
Quote:

Sigh! Hate my life!
Seems like you need to take some time to work on yourself.

If every guy is treating you the same way then you have to take sometime to figure out what it is about yourself that is causing them to behave in this manner.

Most guys that I know have no problems playing the "friend" for two or three months. Most will usually get their sex from other women until you decide to put out.

You are doing right to chill on the sex for a while.

I would take some to do some self reflection.

Friend zoning men isn't going to help you get what you need.

Old 06-16-2014, 08:13 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,797,837 times
Quote:

Good luck with that. Because if the guy has his stuff together, you can expect to see a lot of this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Most guys that I know have no problems playing the "friend" for two or three months. Most will usually get their sex from other women until you decide to put out.
If I'm with a woman and she's not interesting, I stop talking to her. If I'm with a woman and she IS interesting, but playing games with her sexuality, then I'm sleeping with someone else.

Old 06-16-2014, 11:33 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,562,130 times
This is not just young people problems.

If you are a woman, and in my case, 46, and want to meet someone, and on top of that meet someone who doesn't want just sex, you're pretty much doomed!

Old 06-16-2014, 11:40 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,603,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post

If you are a woman, and in my case, 46, and want to meet someone, and on top of that meet someone who doesn't want just sex, you're pretty much doomed!
I take issue with this. While there *are* some guys out there like that, and you are wise to avoid them, I think a lot of women, particularly those for whom sex isn't that personally important, who resent a man for wanting sex along with other things.

Even if he wants a long term commitment, companionship, etc. etc, if he wants sex along with all that, and she doesn't, he's tossed aside because "he only wanted sex".

That's the kind of stuff my ex girlfriend used to say. The bullet I dodged that I almost married. I wanted it all, but since I *also* wanted sex, I was scum, a horndog, I "only ever thought about sex". Well, yeah, when it only happened once every 2 months, yes, that's all I thought about.

Disclaimer: Now married over a decade to a great woman who has a libido that keeps up with mine.

Old 06-16-2014, 11:45 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,620,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post

At what age did you decide you wanted more than just sex???

Old 06-16-2014, 12:36 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,562,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
At what age did you decide you wanted more than just sex???
Short story long:
Never dated, met husband at 20.
Married from age 25-42.
Fell into a bad promiscuous phase from 40-44.
Met many men and found out most of them all wanted sex and not a relationship.

At around 45, decided I'd take the road of purity and try to find someone who wants a real, bonafide relationship.

Old 06-16-2014, 01:19 PM

281 posts, read 247,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post
I take issue with this. While there *are* some guys out there like that, and you are wise to avoid them, I think a lot of women, particularly those for whom sex isn't that personally important, who resent a man for wanting sex along with other things.

Even if he wants a long term commitment, companionship, etc. etc, if he wants sex along with all that, and she doesn't, he's tossed aside because "he only wanted sex".

That's the kind of stuff my ex girlfriend used to say. The bullet I dodged that I almost married. I wanted it all, but since I *also* wanted sex, I was scum, a horndog, I "only ever thought about sex". Well, yeah, when it only happened once every 2 months, yes, that's all I thought about.

Disclaimer: Now married over a decade to a great woman who has a libido that keeps up with mine.

How long did you and your wife wait before becoming intimate? I do have a good libido and I think it is inline with what many men want. I only have an issue when the men want to get intimate before I am ready. And when I don't give them what they want, they would say something along the line of "this will not work because I'm exual person" or "I will give you x months" I mean come on!!!! It is not like I can put a date on when I am emotionally ready--it varies with different person. And it is not like I ask them to wait 6 months before I am ready you know. I just need them to relax about it and not rush me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships