Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 06:41 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times

Advertisements

Move on. You'll never get anywhere straight with her. GL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 05:16 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,153,368 times
Wow. I don't agree with anyone who replied here, and I'm the first to dismiss a game-player. I can see her point of view. Maybe she had forgotten to get cash and she only had $2 in her wallet but wanted to contribute what she had?

You guys have only been seeing each other 2 months. That's pretty short and this is when you're still getting to know one another. At this stage, every comment and incident is being scrutinized for red flags (at least, that's what I did when I was still dating...then again I had been at it a long time and was a bit jaded). She could be waffling now because she feels torn between really liking you and feeling confused by the incidents you mentioned.

Old 06-22-2014, 05:26 AM

348 posts, read 498,401 times
I believe there is truth in jest and the fact you were tipsy tells me you were speaking what's truly on your mind. Nothing wrong with that as you are not a bank. I agree with another poster, why be with someone who can't forgive you or "want" to forgive you if you asked for forgiveness and was truly sorry.

Also with the laughter thing, what are you her knight in shinning armor??? Tell her to put on her big girl panties and say something. Please!!! You all must be young.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:37 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
Wow. I don't agree with anyone who replied here, and I'm the first to dismiss a game-player. I can see her point of view. Maybe she had forgotten to get cash and she only had $2 in her wallet but wanted to contribute what she had?

You guys have only been seeing each other 2 months. That's pretty short and this is when you're still getting to know one another. At this stage, every comment and incident is being scrutinized for red flags (at least, that's what I did when I was still dating...then again I had been at it a long time and was a bit jaded). She could be waffling now because she feels torn between really liking you and feeling confused by the incidents you mentioned.
i personally wont walk on eggshells around women, just like i wont walk on them around men. i tend to toss out joke about all kinds of things, about all kinds of people, including myself. and if the people around me cant take a little humor, meaning they cant laugh at themselves, then i dont really want to be around them.

Old 06-23-2014, 01:14 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post

Ditto for me. I would add: no one is perfect, everyone makes mistakes and sooner or later some feelings will get hurt. What I've observed with the younger crowd is that they don't know what an apology looks like. If you insulted her, and clearly she's hurt so chances are you did - say you are sorry, don't give explanations as to why especially if they can be seen as excuses for your behavior, and ask her how you can make it right. Everyone should be allowed to right a wrong. If she doesn't let you make it up to her, it's time to move on - if she's going to be hung up on something this insignificant, how will you ever be able to deal with the true realities of life?

Old 06-23-2014, 01:25 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,986,322 times
To me, it sounds like she is unsure of your relationship and doesn't want to get too serious too soon.

Old 06-23-2014, 01:31 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoastie View Post
This^. Say this to her. In a nutshell, that's my advice. I wouldn't like the yo-yo ride, either. Talk to here about it.
Best to you.
YES!!! Great advice!!

Old 06-28-2014, 09:08 PM

112 posts, read 255,670 times
So I have an update...She texted me earlier this week on Tuesday saying she has been very busy working 12 hour days and she wants to get together and talk but hasnt had the chance. She also asked if I still considered us to be together and to let her know where I was at. I responded by saying that I honestly didn't know where we were at right now, but I was not ready to give up on us and I want to try and work this out. I asked her if she considered us to be together and she said she honestly doesn't know. I then sent some text messages of which the gist was we have only been dating for two months and we are still learning about one another (likes, dislikes, etc...). I told her we need to communicate and talk about this. There was no response until last night when she texted saying she was swamped and has been dealing with some family matters. She doesn't want me to think she doesn't want to talk about everything but she's been very busy. She's not sure how to take my previous texts about communicating and learning and wants to talk in person. She also said she has been too busy to think about this too much. I replied and told her I hope her family is ok, I understand you're busy and family comes first. I told her to let me know when she has time to talk. No reply to that.

What does the bold sentence mean? If she really still wanted to be with me wouldn't she make time to talk sooner than two weeks? I don't know. Do you think I'm still in the game here?

Old 06-28-2014, 11:22 PM

818 posts, read 917,477 times
Sounds like she just can't make up her mind how she feels about you. She may be talking to some other guy ??
and can't decide between the two of you. Her bringing up the two dollar incident an using that to put you off shows she has control / hyper sensitive issues IMO .
It also sounds like you are way more into her than she is you.
You are probably still in the game , but sounds she likes to make up the rules as she goes , you have to ask yourself , is this a game I want to play ?

Old 06-29-2014, 12:51 AM

112 posts, read 255,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntFishRepeat View Post
Sounds like she just can't make up her mind how she feels about you. She may be talking to some other guy ??
and can't decide between the two of you. Her bringing up the two dollar incident an using that to put you off shows she has control / hyper sensitive issues IMO .
It also sounds like you are way more into her than she is you.
You are probably still in the game , but sounds she likes to make up the rules as she goes , you have to ask yourself , is this a game I want to play ?
I highly doubt there is another guy. i get what you're saying about making up rules as she goes. However, she had said she knows what she wants out of a relationship. I just don't know what that is yet because we haven't taken about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships