Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 01:25 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
Here is a male thread:

Cliffs:
-Ive been seeing a girl for 6months who i thought had all the gf features
-Everything was going perfect then she had to go home for summer break
-Continue to talk every day
-Is currently in vegas for her 21st birthday.Keep in mind, when im with her she doesnt drink but she posted snapchats of all the bottles of alcohol she bought.
-She doesnt respond when I text her but shes on twitter posting statuses
-I called her to make sure everythings ok, shes answers with one word answer not like the lovie dovie she usually is
-I text her asking why shes acting weird. No response.

Notice how it is all ACTIONS? Thus we are able to actually see the true picture of what is going on.
That's a good description of some of the female threads, too. And then there are the ones that go:

My wife hasn't had sex with me in years! I try to talk to her about it, but all she does is promise to change, then nothing changes. I can't take it anymore! Should I dump her?

There's really not a lot of difference between a lot of the male and female threads. A few try to present a balanced view, but most speak solely from their own perspective. It's a human characteristic, not a gendered one. Sorry to burst your little biased bubble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 01:27 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
And women think/feel the exact opposite -that women like men more.

Old 06-21-2014, 01:30 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
And women think/feel the exact opposite -that women like men more.
True. (Back to topic) And then there are the couples who are clearly devoted to each other. Finding a good match is key, and is much easier said than done.

Old 06-21-2014, 01:43 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,282 times
I think this is why I have a hard time getting past a few dates. If a woman doesn't show she's interested in me fairly quickly I don't feel like she's worth putting effort into, even if I really like her.

I'll find someone else who enjoys spending time with me.
Haha.

Old 06-21-2014, 05:27 PM

131 posts, read 148,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazine View Post
You are right, women love "high value" men - but high value isn't defined by monetary worth, it can also mean:

- steady job
- reliable personality
- intelligent
- funny
- confident
- talented
- handsome (completely subjective)
- etc

By the same token, men also want a high value women.
I know. I never said high value always means money. All I said is high value trumps being "nice".

Old 06-21-2014, 05:30 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Zen View Post
I know. I never said high value always means money. All I said is high value trumps being "nice".
Being nice is part of the high-value package. Women dig nice, if it's sincere. Even when it's not sincere, some of 'em fall for it. I've seen dudes really play that for all it's worth.

Old 06-21-2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Agreed. If you go around life with your eyes open, you can see women going for completely average dudes, every dweeby ones. They're all over the map with what pushes their buttons. I'm calling BS on this "high value" shyt. I think it comes from those PUA blogs. High value is in the eyes of the beholder. There'll always be women after the model-looking dudes, or the high earners. But there will always be women who go for their own idea of "cute", value, etc.

How does this "high value" theory explain the women who go for trailer trash, hood rats, and cons, btw? This forum is so full of bogus theories and stereotypes, I'm surprised some of these posters can even get their pants on in the morning.
High value is the preference. But women are limited to what they can attract and keep themselves. Haven't you been reading?

Men want models too.. but most of us will never get one. So what do you do? We go with a more average woman whom we can actually get. Women do the same thing.

So I don't know why are you so confused by the concept of "high value".

Old 06-21-2014, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
It evens out when marriage and kids happen and when men and women enter their 30s.

Before that, it ain't even close in the middle.
I guess that explains why my 20's were so frustrating and my 30's are so awesome.

Old 06-21-2014, 05:44 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Zen View Post
High value is the preference. But women are limited to what they can attract and keep themselves. Haven't you been reading?

Men want models too.. but most of us will never get one. So what do you do? We go with a more average woman whom we can actually get. Women do the same thing.

So I don't know why are you so confused by the concept of "high value".
High value is the preference, and high value is what they go for--high value in their eyes. It's not like they're settling for the dweebs as a default. That's what some chicks dig. Diff strokes for diff folks. Everyone has a different definition of what high value is. One woman's high value dude is another's "average". One thinks she's hit the jackpot, while her friend observing her thinks she's settling, or just plain crazy, lol.

There's no predicting chick-kind, or putting them all in the same pigeonhole.

Old 06-21-2014, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Being nice is part of the high-value package. Women dig nice, if it's sincere. Even when it's not sincere, some of 'em fall for it. I've seen dudes really play that for all it's worth.
Being kind is part of the high-value package. Being "nice" is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships