Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 03:12 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,616,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
I have heard that it's quite common for men with money to be more frugal than men without money.

In terms of a relationship, this means that simply dating a man with money does not equate to much of a benefit to the woman.

What is your opinion on this?
I don't think it's so cut and dry. Not all men with money are frugal. And not all men without money are big spenders. Sometimes it's just the opposite. I've seen guys with high incomes hoard their money and then I've seen guys who throw it around like they have an endless supply. The women who look for guys with money to spend on them are pretty good at spotting the ones who'll do so. Usually, those guys don't hide the fact that they're rolling in it. As far as benefit goes, those guys will buy the women dinner and drinks at expensive restaurants, take em to flashy clubs, and so forth. But they're not going to be buying them cars or houses. More than the money, I think what these women want is to be noticed and envied. They want everyone else to see how they snagged some rich guy and have him showering her with gifts. Of course, he eventually gets bored with her and trades her in for a new model. They use him, but he uses them too. So everyone gets what they want.

http://img2-2.timeinc.net/people/i/2...ey-600x450.jpg

Last edited by Keeper; 06-21-2014 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: celebrity photos are copyrighted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 03:17 PM

410 posts, read 514,170 times
you shouldn't feel attractive if a man is a sugardaddy to you. you should feel like the failure you obviously are for not becoming highly independant like the rest of us. the reason you gave to everyone is that a man takes one look at your face and body and starts pulling out the wallet. you understand what that is called? should prostitutes get that sort of respect?

Old 06-21-2014, 03:21 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,026,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
My husband definitely made the most money out of all the men I dated. He was also the most thoughtful and giving by far. He wined and dined me. Limos to and from NYC, we ate at the top restaurants, stayed at awesome hotels, he paid for all my travel (first class and luxury hotels everywhere), took me shopping, bought me jewelry and other gifts, gave me cash and a credit card for spending, gave me his truck (I preferred his truck over his BMW) when someone crashed into my vehicle and totaled it.

BUT that's not why I continued to date him or marry him. He had all the traits (and then some) that I looked for in a partner. Believe me, I've always been quite content on my own and always swore I would never marry and there's no way in hell I could be with someone if I didn't enjoy their company and feel compatible with them.

Money can come and go, but it definitely has its perks when you don't have to worry about paying the bills.

Sure I only read Playboy for the articles and go to Hooters for the awesome wings. If he was barely getting by, would you have have even given him enough of a chance to show you those wonderful "traits" or shall I say "trait$" funny how men with that kind of money also tend to have these "awesome traits" that average income men somehow always seem to lack.

Old 06-21-2014, 03:26 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,288,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Sure I only read Playboy for the articles and go to Hooters for the awesome wings.
Lol. It's amazing how money can influence LOVE.

Old 06-21-2014, 03:37 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,026,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post

LOL you'd be amazed at how much more "irresistible" your good qualities are when paired with wealth.

Old 06-21-2014, 03:45 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,116,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Quote:
LOL you'd be amazed at how much more "irresistible" your good qualities are when paired with wealth.
So, basically, any woman that marries a man that makes good money is only with him for his money?

Old 06-21-2014, 04:05 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,159,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Sattar View Post
you shouldn't feel attractive if a man is a sugardaddy to you. you should feel like the failure you obviously are for not becoming highly independant like the rest of us. the reason you gave to everyone is that a man takes one look at your face and body and starts pulling out the wallet. you understand what that is called? should prostitutes get that sort of respect?
Consenting adults are consenting adults. None of my business and I don't judge.

Old 06-21-2014, 04:16 PM

832 posts, read 1,414,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
I have heard that it's quite common for men with money to be more frugal than men without money.

In terms of a relationship, this means that simply dating a man with money does not equate to much of a benefit to the woman.

What is your opinion on this?
Money only buys options.

What he chooses and why he chooses it determines my opinion of him.

Old 06-21-2014, 04:19 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,622,264 times
Quote:
Sure I only read Playboy for the articles and go to Hooters for the awesome wings. If he was barely getting by, would you have have even given him enough of a chance to show you those wonderful "traits" or shall I say "trait$" funny how men with that kind of money also tend to have these "awesome traits" that average income men somehow always seem to lack.
I'm going out on a limb and guessing he probably wasn't an envious, sulky person who thinks women are a bunch of golddiggers.

Old 06-21-2014, 04:53 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,379,665 times
It is stupid to think about money with it comes to the opposite sex.

A man with money can take you on a carraige ride in his car, and take you back to his place for sex more faster. That is the only benifit at all.

No matter what kind of man, as you get along with him, that is what counts the most. Nothing else counts, at all.

However if your a gold digger and looking for a place to lay your eggs. Chances are this man, will never love you at all. He will love you like a statue in the garden, but never really love you. If I knew a girl and she did not love me for me, I would be so unhappy unless she looks fit. Thinking about sex, sex is just sex and your thinking about fun, not love.

What people do not really admit, is that they already gave their heart to somebody a long time ago, and that is why it is hard to not think about money. Money is the flesh, money is the yolk for babies, and that is all what money is for. If you love each other, that stuff will not matter. You should be able to work something out.

Again that is your relationship. I knew somebody who was broke, and met a girl, who had work, and she funded his vet, to get work. They be doing it, like rabbits all the time, and now they are married, they are going to have children. The reason why most people think about money, is because the parents are cheap r-tards, who have no guidance for their children at all. Their parents have no guidance at all. So it always comes down to money. My Great Grand parent had real gold, and money from selling his house, and he spent it all, on cheap women in his youth. If you want a relationship of that kind it is foolish. Never use money as a crutch for relationship. It is terrible.

For separation and divorce money can be good. But for using money, and making them waste money on you. it is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships