Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 11:32 AM

757 posts, read 1,102,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
So if you refuse to break the pact, but telling his GF.....but you're okay with breaking the pact by telling a bunch of strangers on the internet?

What is the difference? You have pretty much put all their business out there by telling us. You are making yourself look bad by telling us and knowing about it the entire time. Eventually the truth will come out and people are going to be looking at you as well.

See this is a terrible point.

You don't know who I am, and you don't know who I'm talking about so there goes that...

Old 06-21-2014, 11:32 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
So if you refuse to break the pact, but telling his GF.....but you're okay with breaking the pact by telling a bunch of strangers on the internet?

What is the difference? You have pretty much put all their business out there by telling us. You are making yourself look bad by telling us and knowing about it the entire time. Eventually the truth will come out and people are going to be looking at you as well.
It's not like we know any of them.

I personally couldn't cover up a cheater.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
It's not like we know any of them.

I personally couldn't cover up a cheater.
I understand, but his girlfriend KNOWS her boyfriend is dysfunctional and the relationship is dysfunctional. This is mostly on them, I just know information that will finally make that whole thing implode.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:41 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanp219 View Post
So one of my friends told me he was sleeping around for a little while. Btw, his girlfriend is best friends with my girlfriend, so it's a little weird for me to know this sensitive information. Anyway, while his girlfriend and mine were shopping me and him were talking about it. What he told me was, "I do it just in case she did it to me". A little juvenile I know, but based on how he speaks about his girlfriend it seems he really loves her and wouldn't want anyone else. He told me he's planning on proposing to her soon and wanting a child in the near future. He's also been helping with her bills and paying off her student loans.

Now I'm not going to tell my girlfriend anything he told me. My thing is if someone trust you enough to share such information with you it's best you keep it between the two of you or take it to your grave. My question is, how many of you have cheated during a relationship that wasn't a marriage? Maybe slept with someone here and there, kissed someone, made out with them etc. How many of you have cheated while dating someone, and how did you feel afterwards?
This situation is wacked and your friend is wacked. And his lousy excuse doesn't fly. IMO you have two choices: get the word to his gf, who's about to marry a dude who isn't mature enough to get married and have a kid (this is a train wreck in the making, and your silence is aiding and abetting it), or if you're not down with that, cut him off so you don't have to live with this dilemma and any potential guilt that may crop up later.

Or maybe you don't mind having dogs like this for friends. Whatever. I wouldn't want to have your karma, though.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
I understand, but his girlfriend KNOWS her boyfriend is dysfunctional and the relationship is dysfunctional. This is mostly on them, I just know information that will finally make that whole thing implode.
Better it implodes sooner instead of later, when there's a kid involved, or she's pregnant. You're holding the card that could spare his GF a ton of grief long-term, and their kid some grief and confusion, if it comes to that.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Better it implodes sooner instead of later, when there's a kid involved, or she's pregnant. You're holding the card that could spare his GF a ton of grief long-term, and their kid some grief and confusion, if it comes to that.
Listen I didn't ask for this so it's on them, I'm not getting involved.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:53 AM

Quote:
You already are involved. Once he confided in you, you were involved. If it weren't on your conscience, you wouldn't be posting here. If you're so sure of how you want to handle it, why're you asking us?

Old 06-21-2014, 11:55 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
We tell the world who we are by the company we keep.

You and your friend don't know what real love looks like.

Old 06-21-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
You already are involved. Once he confided in you, you were involved. If it weren't on your conscience, you wouldn't be posting here. If you're so sure of how you want to handle it, why're you asking us?

Not once did I ask for any advice on that situation.
My question was simply did you ever cheat while you were dating someone, that was all.

Btw, my girlfriend knows I'm not friends with him, we almost never text, and we never hang out with one another outside of double dating. He's invited me to a couple of places, but I never accepted his offers. We're practically just acquaintances, and it was purely stupid of him to ever say anything to me.

Old 06-21-2014, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
We tell the world who we are by the company we keep.

You and your friend don't know what real love looks like.
A self-righteous post? *yawn*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships