Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 09:37 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
As stated in the OP, and elsewhere, he is not a stranger. I have known him for many years, he was a coworker and they know him.
I still would not do it.

It is not good role modeling.

Remember, your kids will do as you do and not as you say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 09:41 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Totally sends all the wrong messages -- can't you wait to bring lovers home for a few more years when the kids are out of the house?

Old 06-22-2014, 10:03 AM

1,029 posts, read 1,488,894 times
I would not bring a man home overnight with children that ages.

It's not a good example. If you are engaged, maybe...but you aren't engaged.

Old 06-22-2014, 10:09 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,249,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Totally sends all the wrong messages -- can't you wait to bring lovers home for a few more years when the kids are out of the house?
I don't understand, what wrong message does it send?

Old 06-22-2014, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Think back to when you were 12 -- did your mother have some man that wasn't your father in her bed?

This is what motels are for -- unless he has a place available for these rendevous.

Old 06-22-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Would you want your daughter to sleep with her husband, the man who laid his life down to commit to her or basically just be some guy's unpaid wh***?

Old 06-22-2014, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Think back to when you were 12 -- did your mother have some man that wasn't your father in her bed?

This is what motels are for -- unless he has a place available for these rendevous.
No, because my parents were still married. If they were divorced (and the kind of people who were ok with sex before marriage) then I would expect that. That's what adults do when they're in relationships - they have sex, its not exactly going to be a shock to a 12 year old

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Would you want your daughter to sleep with her husband, the man who laid his life down to commit to her or basically just be some guy's unpaid wh***?
Since when is the option only between marriage and an unpaid *****? I fully intend to encourage my daughter to have proper relationships before marriage, including sleeping together and living together, that's not being an unpaid *****, that's being in an adult relationship.

Old 06-22-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
No, because my parents were still married. If they were divorced (and the kind of people who were ok with sex before marriage) then I would expect that. That's what adults do when they're in relationships - they have sex, its not exactly going to be a shock to a 12 year old

Since when is the option only between marriage and an unpaid *****? I fully intend to encourage my daughter to have proper relationships before marriage, including sleeping together and living together, that's not being an unpaid *****, that's being in an adult relationship.
You did not answer my question.
Which would you prefer for your daughter?

Ring and a date, baby. Otherwise the adage about the cow and milk still hold true.
Trying to clean up bad behavior with the old chestnut "everyone else does it" does nothing to further your argument.

What do you want for your daughter?

Old 06-22-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:

Actually 12 year olds know other people have sex. What is weird to 12 year olds is that their own mother has sex -- it's kind of an "ewww" even when they think of their mother having sex with their own father. Coming home late is one thing or taking a weekend trip -- but having sex with some guy in the kids' own home when the kids are there isn't a good idea at all. Hearing or even just knowing their mom going at it with some guy in the room next to them isn't what a 12 or 19 year old needs.

Old 06-22-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You did not answer my question.
Which would you prefer for your daughter?

Ring and a date, baby. Otherwise the adage about the cow and milk still hold true.
Trying to clean up bad behavior with the old chestnut "everyone else does it" does nothing to further your argument.

What do you want for your daughter?
I did answer the question, I want her to experience adult relationships before settling down in marriage (if she even wants to do that, marriage isn't essential). I would have no issue with her having casual sex either if that's what she wants to do when she is an adult - that wouldn't make her an unpaid ***** either. You seem to have a messed up view of relationships if you think the only options are marriage or whoredom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships