Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 08:12 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,968,204 times

Advertisements

I always seem to end up with chubbies for some reason. I am SO NOT attracted to that.

Especially since it always seems to come with snoring. Last guy needed a breathing machine at night. Hmmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 08:31 AM

331 posts, read 547,759 times
Very few guys have enough options to turn down an attractive brunette because they prefer blonde beauties. It's hard enough for most guys to find mutual sexual attraction. I would jump for joy of an attractive woman was into me.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:41 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,828,036 times
I would date almost anybody once, but if there's no connection or he's an ass, it won't continue.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:53 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
If you genuinely like the person, and they are just wonderful, then it's not settling just because it's not what you pictured.
^^^^^

This is worth repeating about a million times.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:06 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's funny how differently threads on the same topic evolve here. In the past, whenever I've suggested that guys should look beyond the physical and consider personality,
But just because looks are part of the attraction doesnt mean personality isnt..

Old 06-23-2014, 09:08 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I always seem to end up with chubbies for some reason. I am SO NOT attracted to that.
So how do you keep ending up with them?

Old 06-23-2014, 11:25 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
So how do you keep ending up with them?
I don't know it just always happens.

The guy I married - he told me on the first date that he is about to lose weight and I was dumb believing him. But instead, he gained, bec he just pretended to be on a diet. He was the typical overweight guy - slow/lazy/only unhealthy food and lifestyle. Which was part of the reason we split.

The guy after that hated his job, got depressed and went from gym rat / bodybuilder guy to chubby muscular guy (gained 50 lbs in the 1,5 years we dated). He went to gym every day but also ate massive amounts of food.

Last guy found me online at meetup.com and we emailed, texted and he called - sounded so great, sexy voice and very attentive person. I didn't even care anymore when he finally sent me a pic and was pretty huge. He was fit and sporty (completely unexpected).

Old 06-23-2014, 12:03 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,368,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I don't think it's that simple. Guys may focus more on physical traits and less on personality, but when they're actually confronted with someone who doesn't fit their required physical traits, they often make exceptions because they like the person. For example, I could say I want a woman who's in good shape. But then I might meet someone who I really hit it off with, only she's a bit overweight. Because I like her, I'm willing to look past the fact that she's not "my type" and, if anything, it forces me to reevaluate just what my type is.
Yes, yes, yes.

An ex of mine once had a very specific type. He mostly dated Asian women. His ex-wife and the ex prior are petite Asian women. That was his type. Then when he began dating again after taking time to himself following the end of his marriage, he dated a couple Hispanic and white women. The woman he dated before me was white. They were all <5'6" and petite. Then he met and fell for me. I was everything he was looking for, but was 5'9.5", a size 10 and the first black/white woman he's ever dated. He later discovered that I was exactly his type, as his type broadened because of me. He began to appreciate different sizes of women, and liked curvier bodies. He prefers a healthy physique, but is not longer opposed to dating women who aren't petite or over a size 4 or 6.

Old 06-23-2014, 12:08 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,732,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Yes, we all know that looks aren't everything. Let's say you meet someone who's interested in you who has a lot of qualities that you find attractive. Let's say that the person is also physically attractive, but just not what you usually go for. If you've been obsessed with blondes all your life and always imagined yourself with a blonde, would it be fair to "settle" for a brunette if you know that your love for blondes is so deeply ingrained that you'll never EVER really stop lusting for blondes? (No, this isn't about Elliot Rodger.) I'm just asking whether it's possible to go against your type and truly be happy with that decision. What do you think?
I think it doesn't matter. In fact, using your example of blonde hair, I think most men are obsessed with women having blonde hair (bottle and not), but not all women color their hair blonde (thank goodness), and they still get married even without Clairol.

Old 06-23-2014, 12:27 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,271,896 times
I keep ending up with guys that typically date white women. These are black men btw. And I'm a black woman. Im
not sure why these types like me because I don't really look like a white woman but for whatever reason I tend to attract this type heavily and so yes I def. think its possible for people to be open to those outside of their type. I tend to find it difficult to be attracted to men outside of my type though, but it has happened quite a few times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships