Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 06:23 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,191,833 times

Advertisements

The only logical answer I can come up with is that your husband is trying to set up a three-some.

I can't see any other reason as to why he would something as stupid as this. Unbelievable, Jeff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 06:32 PM

146 posts, read 267,800 times
What do you think of threesomes?

But all kidding aside, this arrangement is inappropriate if you think it's inappropriate. Hell, the word 'inappropriate' is an understatement in my opinion. But my opinion is not yours. There is no independent authority which you can appeal to when making a decision about what you will and will not tolerate. It is inside you.

Have you talked to your husband about this relationship in-depth? Where did they meet on the internet? Have they done the naughty cam to cam thing? You need to talk to your husband. Good old communication is the key. What are your boundaries and expectations? Find out what they are and make them clear. Does he have life insurance? Just kidding....

The internet seems to encourage people to believe that they can do things with members of the opposite sex innocently because it's not real. Well I think their spouses might disagree....

Old 01-13-2010, 06:44 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost&Found View Post
What do you think of threesomes?

But all kidding aside, this arrangement is inappropriate if you think it's inappropriate. Hell, the word 'inappropriate' is an understatement in my opinion. But my opinion is not yours. There is no independent authority which you can appeal to when making a decision about what you will and will not tolerate. It is inside you.

Have you talked to your husband about this relationship in-depth? Where did they meet on the internet? Have they done the naughty cam to cam thing? You need to talk to your husband. Good old communication is the key. What are your boundaries and expectations? Find out what they are and make them clear. Does he have life insurance? Just kidding....

The internet seems to encourage people to believe that they can do things with members of the opposite sex innocently because it's not real. Well I think their spouses might disagree....

Oh that's a good one LIFE INSURANCE, didn't think of that one.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:34 PM

1,688 posts, read 4,297,963 times
Often (not always) pursuing seperate interests in seperate countries is not healthy for a marriage. Out of sight out of mind. It sounds like this women communicated with your husband alot more than you did. Of course it is completely ridiculous! The male psyche never ceases to surprise and amaze me. Get a grip women! Unless this women looks like his mother, it is a recipe for diaster and you need to put your foot down. I recommend couples counseling if he resists and keeps on persisting with it. Six months is a long time, perhaps he needs to be reminded that he is your husband. Do it quickly.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:30 AM

1 posts, read 937 times
Sounds like he wants the two of you to be with him at the same time. Menage a Trois.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:29 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,272 times
Why not invite any of your guy friends ?.. try to get this lady hooked to someone u know ..simply befriend her .. i think u're getting an opportunity to know your husband better .. dont be paranoid .. just handle the situation with ease .. get it this way ..the idea of her coming to see your husband itself is making u feel uncomfortable ..dont make it worst by neglecting him .. persuade him with your wit and charm.. so that your relationship remains unharmed ..as for that lady ..talk to her in a friendly manner ..invite her and make sure u dont leave them spend time alone ..there should be nothing too personal between them including yourself ..im not a relationship expert ..all im saying that this feeling is absolutely normal and u dont have to take too much o stress over it ..just be calm and get close to your husband ..i believe if he truly respects and loves u more than anything ..he would honour his relationship anyway possible .. and ofcourse wrap him in your arms and dont let go .. dont let him feel u can live without him .. that attitude could be dangerous in case of some men .. at the same time NEVER LET HIM ALONE ! with that woman ..

Old 01-14-2010, 01:53 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,272 times
Time u get him off the internet ..i didnt read some of your posts ..however seems he's too much of a saint .. with all due respect lady ..tell him to stop this behaviour of helping poor girls over the internet .. some could be fakes .. some could be genuinely poor ..but thats not the way u help people .. not at the cost of your own earning i mean not like this at all ..tell your husband to quit it NOW ..or bear the brunt .. dang it ! .. my previous post isnt gonna help in this case .. your husband needs Dr.PhiL ..

Old 01-14-2010, 08:14 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,656 times
Sounds like you hubby has a plan.... for a threesome. I think you need to lay down the law and explain your feelings on the topic and that his intentions are not only insulting to you but that it's inappropriate.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:31 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,339,506 times
I think that time has made some things, other than the heart, fonder for your husband. This sounds like your husband is saying indirectly to you that he would like to have certain freedoms with the lady, and he probably doesn't mind if you have similar freedoms with your male friend/s. It's time for an open communication between you and your dh. Find out just exactly what he is after.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:36 AM

1,659 posts, read 2,775,709 times
Foxietail, the OP, was on here for three days in 2007 and is long gone now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships