Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 03:52 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I bet you $1,000 the guys I am referring to have no eye problems.
How would you be able to tell? Would you be willing to go up to them and say, "ay douche, why you wearing sunglasses inside?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 03:53 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I've been hearing girls here on CD who have been dating unsuccessfully for quite a bit using the word, 'douche' to describe their dates. What are the things that make a guy a douche? I mean they must have had something up front that caused you to want to go out with them in the first place (no small feat for the guys) but then things went south from there. Can you be really specific and, more importantly, as graphic as CD will allow, in defining what they are?
The use of that word is a big one for me but I don't usually use feminine hygiene products or apparatus to describe humans.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:55 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
How would you be able to tell? Would you be willing to go up to them and say, "ay douche, why you wearing sunglasses inside?"
Oh come on, now you just WANT to be fighting just because. You know EXACTLY what kind of people I mean.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:57 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
The point is why does it matter what people choose to wear indoors? Who are you to judge them as a douche?

Some women like to wear yoga pants everywhere and when not exercising.

Some girls like to dye their hair purple or yellow

Some guys like to shave their heads or let their hair grow to their waist

Some guys like to wear sunglasses indoors

Who are you to judge who does what?

People judge others all day every day. This was a thread, started by a guy, asking women's opinions on what makes a guy a douche. Sorry if her answer hits too close to home for you.

Old 06-23-2014, 04:01 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
The point is why does it matter what people choose to wear indoors? Who are you to judge them as a douche?

Some women like to wear yoga pants everywhere and when not exercising.

Some girls like to dye their hair purple or yellow

Some guys like to shave their heads or let their hair grow to their waist

Some guys like to wear sunglasses indoors

Who are you to judge who does what?
I love when my girlfriend wears yoga pants

Old 06-23-2014, 04:09 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,732,593 times
Men that are angry, live angry, get enraged, hate women, feel cheated by women, feel entitled, and are constantly searching for ways to hate women, and are narcissists for whom all of life must be their way or else they are angry, are douchebags.

I know one guy like that, and he will tell you to your face that he's the nicest guy he konws, and he looks like he means it, but I think the truth is he knows he's a douchebag and is trying to be a douchebag but doesn't want anyone to think he is one. He refuses to stop being a douchebag.

Refusing to stop being a douchebag, IS being king of the douchebags.

Old 06-23-2014, 04:15 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Honestly as much as I hate to say this....
I don't encounter those types (I hate that word- so immature)
in my real life all that often.
Maybe it's because I don't go to bars/clubs.
Maybe it's because I'm choosy about who I spend my time with.
Maybe it's because I look for the best in people, & if they're not worthy of my time......
they're eliminated early on.
And, considering the location I'm in--
this place is notorious for men who are dickheads....
So I guess I just know how to avoid them, naturally, lol

One thing though-
that I will ad to the list here;
A guy who plays head games is the worst kind of dick.
Sounds like you might be in a state like North Dakota or thereabouts where the oil shale boom is going on and the population as a whole is skimpy, but the guys who are there are oil rig Cro-Magnon types who flew in for the big $$$'s to be made working heavy machinery. Making conversation with them would be like trying to talk Plato with a kindergartner.

Would this be a fair assessment?

Old 06-23-2014, 04:31 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times
Carrying this Cro-Magnon thing one step further, I once got a peek at a job application for oil rig workers and some of the questions on there were:

1. Years of Education:

___1 ___2___3___ (if less than one, please explain____________)

2. "The most words I have ever uttered consecutively without using profanity is:

1__ 2__ 3__ 4__ 5__

3. Which is correct grammatically?
___"Is youse guys goin' fer a beer?"
___"Ain't youse guys goin' fer a beer?"

Old 06-23-2014, 05:59 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,427,518 times
Too many reasons to list

Old 06-23-2014, 06:06 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,970 times
Quote:
I like how women dislike guys jumping into conclusions about them yet they so quickly jump into conclusions and judge guys based really insignificant things like wearing sunglasses indoors.

Wearing sunglasses = automatic douche?...just lol

The hypocrisy in Relationship forum is strong.
Oh Grasshopper, you have SO much to learn about CD-R!! IDK where to even start, but here goes:

Basically you need to remember these few basic tenants, and post accordingly:

1- Women are superior to men-period
2- the woman's POV is the only correct one, and the only one you should consider
3- When relationships go bad, it is always the mans fault;so bashing men is acceptable
4- Women are never wrong, and they are allowed to say, post, or do whatever, whenever, to whomever as they choose. Without question. Double standards are allowed in these cases

(any exceptions to these tenants can only be approved by other female posters)

Failure to comply with these tenants means you are automatically a misogynist, loser, ugly virgin-boy who lives with mom and never dates, and therefore deserve as much abuse here as possible , and believe me- it'll come (You'll notice a lot of women here harbor a lot of resentment towards men who don't live their lives by the above creeds, but award "Preferred Male Poster" status to those who do)

Failure to abide by these rules, is to post at your own peril.
Just notice what happens to any guy that makes a thread or post that violates one of these 4 rules- The counter-attacks, and defensive "men do it too" posts come out of the woodwork, as do the gender-bashing accusations. More egregious violations result in shaming, as well as nasty little PM's snarky personal attacks, usually "Insult-by-Committee" style. Then everyone sits around laughing at you, and patting themselves on the back, so proud of how witty and clever they are, and proud that they did slay yet another misogynist. (Remember in CD world one only has to disagree with one of the above 4 rules to be a misogynist) TOS won't help you if you don't follow "the code" as you are fair game

So remember to obey these above 4 tenants and you'll do fine here, and eventually may even be awarded "Preferred Male Poster" status, where you receive undying adulation as a "real man who GETS it" or "Why can't ALL men be like you" However, if you do not, well good luck Mr Misogynist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships