Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 08:45 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASX View Post
From the moment she produced an heir, she knew she has a position and income guaranteed for the rest of her life, whatever happens.
I doubt she thought much about this, if at all.

She appears to love her husband and her child very much - THEY are her focus, not her "good fortune" at being linked to an income for the rest of her life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 09:21 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Quote:
You could also have as many kids as you wish, there would always be servants to take care of them.
You obviously have never had children
I ENJOY taking care of my kids and love spending time with them. I would never hand that privilege over to someone else. I don't really see the logic in that.

Quote:
knowing you could put them in best schools without worrying about the cost, you would have drivers to pick them up and maids to bathe them.
The best schools are the ones where the parent is involved in the child's education.

Drivers to pick them up from where? My kids would be with me

As for bathing them, once they hit about 5yrs old, they could do that independently. Before that, it really wasn't a chore.

Old 06-23-2014, 11:14 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,746 times
Quote:
I'm curious about how people would feel in regards to getting to know a member of royalty, falling in love and potentially marrying him/her.

This might be a bit foreign to Americans (or perhaps not so because of the Kate effect) but these days there's a talk about the rise of "middle class royalty" in Europe, since most royals marry common people instead of other royals or aristocrats.

Would you be able to get past the consequences of marrying such a person if you were really in love?

Beware that presidents and prime ministers come and go but you would be on the spotlight for life (even if you divorced).
No. And, Prince Williams is taken, so definitely NOT!

Old 06-24-2014, 01:36 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
They'd never marry me because I'd be a PR nightmare.

Old 06-24-2014, 03:22 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Would you be able to get past the consequences of marrying such a person if you were really in love?
Sure, I guess so.

Old 06-24-2014, 03:25 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
I'm curious about how people would feel in regards to getting to know a member of royalty, falling in love and potentially marrying him/her.

This might be a bit foreign to Americans (or perhaps not so because of the Kate effect) but these days there's a talk about the rise of "middle class royalty" in Europe, since most royals marry common people instead of other royals or aristocrats.

Beware that presidents and prime ministers come and go but you would be on the spotlight for life (even if you divorced).

I can't say I never would but I can't say I absolutely would either.
I like a nice, quiet life and I doubt anyone can get nice and quiet being part of Royalty or the Celebrity circle.
I think I would probably pass if the option came up unless I could be guaranteed I would not be part of the circus surrounding such individuals. (I hate clowns)

Old 06-24-2014, 08:58 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,897,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
Only minor royals would ever take part in such a show.
Exactly. My point was that "royal" does not always mean "extremely wealthy" or "able to provide a fairy-tale standards of living to a wife."

Hell, I looked up lots of current royals and several are men with multiple wives.

You can be king or prince of some godforsaken hellhole corner of the world, and you're still royal, and I still don't want to marry you.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:05 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Let's see, let me think about it.....YES.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:15 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,723,439 times
You could always marry the daughter or a grand daughter of a queen's sister. In many countries, they qualify as "Royals", but they are otherwise unknown and often broke.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:36 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,642,297 times
Quote:

No, despite the money. It seems like too much pressure, publicity and pomp to always have to live up to. I'm relaxed, private, spontaneous, and need to be natural, free, human. I can't deal with being bombarded with news journalists and photographers when I want to go out for pizza, Buffalo wings, and be really bad at bowling. I also like to walk around in comfortable, unfashionable clothes every now and then, or no clothes if I feel like it.

Not worth the money and royal status. But then again ...I could be a baroness. The appeal is attractive IF I actually love the guy without being aware he's a royal first. I'd compromise to do it if I love the guy and he loved me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships