Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 06:38 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
And 80% of statistics are made up on the spot!
I read 3% awhile back this link says 5%
"You Know, Models Are In, Like, The Five Percent Of People Who Look Like Models"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 06:40 PM

323 posts, read 308,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
I nominate this statement for the Daily Wisdom Award of the Forum.
Wow. Thank you.

Old 06-26-2014, 06:54 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,395 times
I do not beleive 'there's someone for everyone' I'm 34 and have yet to meet one person. So it's all B.S. to make people feel better about their circumstances and it usually comes from somebody that already has an S.O.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:54 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I do not beleive 'there's someone for everyone' I'm 34 and have yet to meet one person. So it's all B.S. to make people feel better about their circumstances and it usually comes from somebody that already has an S.O.
Not so long after I gave up met 2 wonderful in succession

Old 06-27-2014, 11:21 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,068,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Well you just have to know your limits lets be real most couples are evenly matched when it comes to looks so you got to find your match.
I don't want a match dude, I want someone for whom I feel love, and who loves me back. And the sexual attraction has to be there which means she has to be a 10 in my eyes. I see at least 20 women I would consider a 10 every day (each of these 20 tens are people I didn't know existed the previous day). People I feel drawn to romantically, within that set of 10s, I might encounter once every three years or so.

Plus being a 1 in the eyes of others doesn't mean you're attracted to people whom you consider 1s.

Old 06-27-2014, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Yep, I know how you feel. I'm 36 and I've met five or six in whom I was romantically interested, but none of them felt the same way. It's easy for someone who doesn't have any difficulty finding someone who reciprocates their feelings that we'll find someone also.

Old 06-27-2014, 11:27 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
I don't want a match dude, I want someone for whom I feel love, and who loves me back. And the sexual attraction has to be there which means she has to be a 10 in my eyes. I see at least 20 women I would consider a 10 every day (each of these 20 tens are people I didn't know existed the previous day). People I feel drawn to romantically, within that set of 10s, I might encounter once every three years or so.

Plus being a 1 in the eyes of others doesn't mean you're attracted to people whom you consider 1s.
You just said what i said but in more words.

Old 06-27-2014, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
You just said what i said but in more words.
But, you were saying that because I'm a 1 I therefore should find another 1 and somehow manufacture feelings for her despite not being attracted to her. I'm saying two things, firstly, that in order for romantic feelings to exist there has to be sexual attraction, and if I consider the person to be a 1, that means there is little to no sexual attraction on my part; secondly, people for whom I have romantic feelings are usually in the set of people I consider to be a 10, and it is very rare for me to feel that way. The 20 or more people I meet every day whom I consider to be tens are that way in terms of sexual attraction, but feeling like I love them in a romantic sense is very rare indeed. It has been at least four years I think since I have found a new person whom I would want to be with romantically, as opposed to merely feeling sexual attraction.

One thing I have come to realize over the years, the many bad heartbreaks, and throughout the complete absence of positive experiences with having feelings for people, is that there seems to be a fundamental difference between how I feel comfortable finding someone and how most women (even tough girls who wear the pants in the relationship) want to be found. I want to meet someone in a completely, utterly platonic context, and see if feelings develop over time. Most women apparently only have a small windows of time after meeting someone in which you can either be a potential romantic companion, or you can just be a remote acquaintance. If they find out later that you eventually developed feelings for them they will be uncomfortable, and want you out of their life, unless the feelings are mutual or there is at least mutual sexual attraction.

So, basically, I want a relationship to evolve from a friendship or at least knowing the person in a platonic context, whereas most women apparently want to come on to them upon first meeting, or you are never allowed to have feelings.

Thus, not only is it impossible for me to be in a relationship in practice (due to no car, doesn't know how to drive, live with dad in a 1 bedroom apartment, minimum wage), but it is also impossible in theory, because the way I feel comfortable meeting people for whom I might have feelings is not compatible with how the majority of women wish to be met.

I know there are some people who share my feelings of how these things should happen, because Katie Couric told a reporter once that she hadn't dated since her husband died, that she doesn't date and that "I think these things should happen organically".

My friend Sumiko said there are two ways of finding a person to be in a relationship: through dating or through expanding your social circle. I prefer the latter, but apparently I am in a very, very small minority these days.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:04 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
But, you were saying that because I'm a 1 I therefore should find another 1 and somehow manufacture feelings for her despite not being attracted to her. I'm saying two things, firstly, that in order for romantic feelings to exist there has to be sexual attraction, and if I consider the person to be a 1, that means there is little to no sexual attraction on my part; secondly, people for whom I have romantic feelings are usually in the set of people I consider to be a 10, and it is very rare for me to feel that way. The 20 or more people I meet every day whom I consider to be tens are that way in terms of sexual attraction, but feeling like I love them in a romantic sense is very rare indeed. It has been at least four years I think since I have found a new person whom I would want to be with romantically, as opposed to merely feeling sexual attraction.

One thing I have come to realize over the years, the many bad heartbreaks, and throughout the complete absence of positive experiences with having feelings for people, is that there seems to be a fundamental difference between how I feel comfortable finding someone and how most women (even tough girls who wear the pants in the relationship) want to be found. I want to meet someone in a completely, utterly platonic context, and see if feelings develop over time. Most women apparently only have a small windows of time after meeting someone in which you can either be a potential romantic companion, or you can just be a remote acquaintance. If they find out later that you eventually developed feelings for them they will be uncomfortable, and want you out of their life, unless the feelings are mutual or there is at least mutual sexual attraction.

So, basically, I want a relationship to evolve from a friendship or at least knowing the person in a platonic context, whereas most women apparently want to come on to them upon first meeting, or you are never allowed to have feelings.

Thus, not only is it impossible for me to be in a relationship in practice (due to no car, doesn't know how to drive, live with dad in a 1 bedroom apartment, minimum wage), but it is also impossible in theory, because the way I feel comfortable meeting people for whom I might have feelings is not compatible with how the majority of women wish to be met.

I know there are some people who share my feelings of how these things should happen, because Katie Couric told a reporter once that she hadn't dated since her husband died, that she doesn't date and that "I think these things should happen organically".

My friend Sumiko said there are two ways of finding a person to be in a relationship: through dating or through expanding your social circle. I prefer the latter, but apparently I am in a very, very small minority these days.

Well it suck to be you than I never had a problem getting woman and i have dated woman that some would call ugly and dated some woman that people said how in god green earth did you get her to go out with you.

My point being if you look like corky from life goes on and trying to date shakira the singer it not going to happen.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:16 AM

943 posts, read 1,004,269 times
It takes a really special person to still act like they're okay even though they don't feel like it, to smile and be friendly to other people even when they're stressed the heck out, or depressed because of their situation. Maybe no one is like that 100% of the time, but if they try to be - it changes how they feel about themselves and how other people see them.
People tend to respect and admire someone who keeps their stuff together in spite of the odds against them. In my experience that counts for more than looks.
Why? Because that shows character and strength. Thats the person I want to be, and try to be, and the kind of person I want to have in my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships