Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 01:51 PM

1,351 posts, read 1,598,774 times

Advertisements

I don't know the exact count, but it's not too often. Seems bizarre and a waste of time to keep precise track of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Man View Post
Don't know, don't care. I don't see getting rejected by a woman any worse than not getting a job I applied for, getting turned down for a loan, or a car I wanted has been sold to someone else, etc. Rejection is just a reminder that I'm human.
That is a good attitude to have. Some people take rejection way too hard and/or too personal, instead of just letting it go and moving on. Rejection is part of life and society, and there's no need for anyone to hang their heads or get pissed just because someone turned them down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 01:54 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityMan View Post
I don't know the exact count, but it's not too often. Seems bizarre and a waste of time to keep precise track of this.

That is a good attitude to have. Some people take rejection way too hard and/or too personal, instead of just letting it go and moving on. Rejection is part of life and society, and there's no need for anyone to hang their heads or get pissed just because someone turned them down.
It does happen though.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:56 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,602,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityMan View Post
Rejection is part of life and society, and there's no need for anyone to hang their heads or get pissed just because someone turned them down.
This is especially true because hanging your head and getting pissed (even when you think you're hiding it) makes you less attractive, which makes you more likely to keep getting rejected.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:58 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
And then in third grade, I liked a freckled boy in my class. (Love the freckles.) I wrote him an anonymous note and stuck it in his desk. He laughed and showed everyone, and they knew I wrote it despite my fierce denial. He spent the next two years making fun of my ears and nose. That freckle ****er.

I did. Is your name Sean?
Oh, no it wasn't me. No doubt the girl from my first grade lunch room is now one of the more accomplished man haters around here as a result!

Old 06-24-2014, 02:00 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
A girl did this to me when I was in first grade. Back the. Girls were these weird and awful creatures who carried cooties. And believe you me, you didn't want to get cooties! Just the thought of a girl liking me back then sent shivers down my spine. How dare she ask if I like her? She restored some credibility when she threw her pudding at me. You didn't live in CA back in first grade did you?
hmm... I had a very different experience. I went through a boy-crazy phase in kindergarten and 1st and 2nd grade. Never had any trouble making friends with the boys, in spite of being considered ugly by the older boys (glasses, dorky haircut). Being a tomboy, I'd spend recess playing their adventure games with them. Cooties were not an issue.

hmm... maybe I should go back to 2nd grade, considering how well I got along back then.....

Old 06-24-2014, 02:15 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,656,908 times
That little blond around the corner rejected me every day for 4 years, until I got married, then I rejected her..
Still, she rejected me 100's of times....
I rejected her 4 or 5 times

Old 06-24-2014, 02:16 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
hmm... I had a very different experience. I went through a boy-crazy phase in kindergarten and 1st and 2nd grade. Never had any trouble making friends with the boys, in spite of being considered ugly by the older boys (glasses, dorky haircut). Being a tomboy, I'd spend recess playing their adventure games with them. Cooties were not an issue.

hmm... maybe I should go back to 2nd grade, considering how well I got along back then.....
When I was in second grade there were two sisters who were twins. They seemed to have a crush on me and often chased me around the playground. Sometimes they caught me and would pin me down, sit on me and kiss me. Second grade! The horror! At any rate, I hated it! Little did I know back then that what was happening to me would become the stuff of fantasy for guys everywhere. I was too dumb to know what I had!

Old 06-24-2014, 02:16 PM

66 posts, read 80,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
All of the above can apply.
If you're counting no replies to messages sent on online dating sites then I've been rejected hundreds of times lol

Old 06-24-2014, 02:32 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair75 View Post
If you're counting no replies to messages sent on online dating sites then I've been rejected hundreds of times lol
Online dating is terrible from what I have heard.

Old 06-24-2014, 02:37 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,431 times
9.65. Or maybe it's 11.25. Either way, even the fractional rejections were tough to take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships