Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 08:13 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times

Advertisements

Seriously it's all about the pee, most any time any where, no big production, just whip it. be done with it. Sigh. Still, I'm glad to be a woman and glad you all are men. I make jokes about you all sometimes, but I love most of you to your knees, I mean till my last breath.

So far, great postings by all you men. I'm just a girl, that loves a boy toy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 08:19 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Well it helps to successful and the day putting boxes on shelves is considered successful I want to be taken out JFK style I do not want to live in that world.

I know how the company treats you once your old lets just say you are let go without a reach around and kicked out the door with out even a thank you for all the years in this lady's case 30+ years . Can you atleast throw a BS retaierment party and act like you give a crap for one day? I know she was like 70 years old but still can you at least show some class for once?

Have a good job goes a long ways for a man confidence and happiness of life. I have to much heart to grow up working poor and growing up with out a dad yea he was in my life but he worked 80+ hours a week 12 to 14 hour days 7 days a week and when he did have time and took a day off he wanted nothing to do with me.

My point is you have to be great b4 a great woman will want you.
Umm...no, you don't. Not in a material sense anyway. Its not what you do , its who you are. What I do for a living has never defined end who I am. It just pays the bills. Now, its great to want to advance and be better. You should. But irregadless, a gjy is not defined by what pays the bills. Unless they want to be. For some it works like that, defined by their career. For me, when I g home , ththat's when I'm me.

And that me ain't anything like what I am at work. Because now, I'M the boss. The HMFIC,.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:22 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I call my SO "my girl" all the time. She's 52. Older than me by a couple years. Idk....I always thought of it as cuts and she doesn't mind it. Men..now...we despise being called a "boy". Lol...its an insult. It denotes immaturity and naïveté.

I never considered it an insult, wouldn't cross my mind as such, other than the obvious ways where it can be used in a racially charged manner.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:30 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I love this post!! OP, do you credit anyone with learning how to be a man? When I see some of the posts here from young men full of fear, anger and confusion, I wonder who their role models are, and how they get to be that way.
A lot of millennial men just don't have fathers who are decent or even around. Mine is dead but even when he was alive he was not a good father to me on a consistent basis. Boys need good fathers at the end of the day. Point blank. Now I've been lucky to have my mother who made it a mission to make sure I had decent men around me to impart their wisdom but that didn't replace my need for a father.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:35 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,629,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I love men .

I love how they smell, and what it feels like to cuddle them (the firmness, all over, even fat men).

I love how the men I know have the courage to be a man nowdays, when what that means is so constantly in flux. How they surf the contradictory waves of expectations from society and their family and their friends and themselves -- and how they invent their own definitions of what a man is.

I love it when men let their nurturing side out -- and when they rough-house.

I love the way men pretend they know the answers to everything even when they don't .

I love how they talk -- concisely and to the point, without a lot of shillyshallying.
Women like this scare me.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I never considered it an insult, wouldn't cross my mind as such, other than the obvious ways where it can be used in a racially charged manner.
When a man calls another man "boy" he is playing Alpha dog. Race...wtfe. nothing to do with it. Its in the context of course. If some guy says to me , "One side boy" in a line or Hey boy, bring me that hammer" et al, he's gonna get my middle finger. Seems to me we have grown up and lived in far different environments and probably times as well.

WO.an call each other girl, its an affectionate term. Unless they say "little girl" which can imply immature behavior. But, in my world, a guy calls me boy he best be smiling.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:57 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Well there is a large difference between calling someone a boy as in "hey boy" and referring to someone as a boy. We're not talking about the same thing.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:25 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Somedays yes, on other days, no.

Old 06-25-2014, 11:08 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
A lot of millennial men just don't have fathers who are decent or even around. Mine is dead but even when he was alive he was not a good father to me on a consistent basis. Boys need good fathers at the end of the day. Point blank. Now I've been lucky to have my mother who made it a mission to make sure I had decent men around me to impart their wisdom but that didn't replace my need for a father.
This is generally true. If I'm not mistaken I heard yesterday that something like close to 70% of births are from out of wedlock marriages. For some these out of wedlock marriages lead down to a the long road of dysfunctional families and single parent upbringings. From what I noticed is that from both an urban and suburban perspective is that fathers are never truelly around and it hurts for both women and men as they develop overtime, boys need a male figure model but also the young ladies need a father due to a father being a model on who or how she is supposed to date.

From what I notice in an urban perspective, most millennial men come from single parent households regardless of race and increasingly class. The decline of marriage and the rise of divorce have put off plenty of people from marrying. They often live and grew up with their mothers and live in mix blended families.

On the suburban front, what I observed is plenty of divorced parents. Most of these parents are of Baby Boomer generation who married their partners for the wrong reason like a shot gun marriage or of some sort. Some of these millennial kids watch their parents divorce, fight over property, child custody and so forth. Upon going to college and moving to the big city, some of these millennial folks vow never to get married, or will probably wait for a long time to find the right person.

Same here. Proud to have a strong mom, but also great well rounded role models around me as well. All together helped shape me into a well rounded law abiding individual. But I have to say is that boys need fathers.

Old 06-25-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Well there is a large difference between calling someone a boy as in "hey boy" and referring to someone as a boy. We're not talking about the same thing.
Ah...OK. Well, yea, I understand the different contexts it used in. Who is using the term and how is the defining factor. I thought I bad attempted to provide examples of that but things still got crossed. I think we're on the same page. Same book even. Just as its not always the same when you call someone an SOB. Its not always a bad thing. I get that.

My gal uses all kinds of words like that with me. Boy, gimp, or gimpy, and such, sbes the only one who can get away with gimp, but its all affectionate teasing. I do the same. One of my favorites is "I'm gonna turn you over my knee little girl". Lol. Done it before too..

I guess I should add a biggy go my list I was quite negligent in omitting. I consider being able to take a joke and having a thick skin to be prerequisite on the manhhod certificate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships