Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 04:39 PM

41 posts, read 46,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Apparently not sad enough to actually DO anything about it though

If I were your parents I'd keep this guy at arms length too.

Please, do tell, WHY would you stay with someone like this?
We did do something about it... We broke up. It wasn't working, and neither of the 4 kids deserved that.

Again, it's not all his fault. I'm a difficult person to be in a relationship with/live with and I know this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 05:05 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunneh View Post
We did do something about it... We broke up. It wasn't working, and neither of the 4 kids deserved that.

Again, it's not all his fault. I'm a difficult person to be in a relationship with/live with and I know this.
So if you broke up why does it matter that your parents have banned him from their house??

Or are you saying you broke up but got back together??

No offense, but you are making it difficult for us to understand your situation.

Bottom line is this...if you know you have personal issues that make being in a relationship difficult then stop trying to be in a relationship!

Get yourself to a therapist, figure your problems out and focus on taking care or yourself and your kids.

Old 06-25-2014, 05:08 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,421,109 times
Quote:
So if you broke up why does it matter that your parents have banned him from their house??

No offense, but you are making it difficult for us to understand your situation.

Bottom line is this...if you know you have personal issues that make being in a relationship difficult then stop trying to be in a relationship!

Get yourself to a therapist, figure your problems out and focus on taking care or yourself and your kids.

Yep. Broke up for a whole month. They've been together for 5 months now, and it's better then ever, complete with "not as much fighting".

Old 06-25-2014, 05:13 PM

Quote:

ok, I'll break it WAYY down for you.

Yes, we broke up and got back together.

It matters because I care about my parents, and because they hate him and don't allow him at their home, it makes it very difficult during the holidays and birthdays, etc.

I wouldn't say I have "issues" they way you are implying. I never lived on my own (without mom and dad) until I lived with him. So I didn't know how to budget. Especially with just one income. I didn't always keep up on the laundry, or the dishes, or any cleaning for that matter.

Is that better?

Old 06-25-2014, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Yep. Broke up for a whole month. They've been together for 5 months now, and it's better then ever, complete with "not as much fighting".
Is that sarcasm I sense.

Better than ever I guess can equate to better than it was when I left. We are both working on ourselves, including going to counseling (individual and couple). So yes, it is better. We were both able to realize our short comings and take the steps to make ourselves better.

I still don't always do the laundry as often as I should. The house doesn't sparkle, but I'm trying- therefore, yes there is "not as much fighting"

Last edited by sunneh; 06-25-2014 at 05:17 PM.. Reason: additional comments

Old 06-25-2014, 05:30 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,241,994 times
Umm... I'm confused. April 2012??? Do you mean 2014?

Also... 2 kids? Are you still pregnant?

Soo... this dude is dating you when he's got a kid and is a single parent, and you have a kid (and are pregnant with another kid?) and are single parent, but you two don't have any kids together?

Is that right?

I dunno... if he's willing to tolerate your "difficult" behavior, you might wanna hang on to that one as a single mom who never married either of her kids' fathers.

Or do they have the same father?

Old 06-25-2014, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I dunno... if he's willing to tolerate your "difficult" behavior, you might wanna hang on to that one as a single mom who never married either of her kids' fathers.
Why is it so bad that I didn't marry the father to either of my children? Because I didn't want to be cheated on? I will never understand that logic.

I guess I should go ahead a kiss the ground he walks on while I'm at it. Bless this man for being with someone like me who has two kids and never married their fathers. Nonsense.

He's a great guy, don't get me wrong... But remember, I have to "tolerate" his difficult behavior too.

Now I remember why I don't do this forum crap.

Old 06-25-2014, 07:18 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
Quote:
Initially, the reason for banning him from the home was silly. We got into an argument back when we first started dating, and during this our boys (3 and 4) started bickering in the back seat. My bf turned to his son and said "don't worry, we won't have to deal with it anymore" I was upset (probably overreacting due to pregnancy hormones at the time) and went home (I lived with my parents at that time). They saw me crying, I told them what happened and from that day on they hated him. I obviously quickly got over it.

Um...........

They should ban him from your uterus.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-25-2014, 08:15 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
ok, I'll break it WAYY down for you.

Yes, we broke up and got back together.

It matters because I care about my parents, and because they hate him and don't allow him at their home, it makes it very difficult during the holidays and birthdays, etc.

I wouldn't say I have "issues" they way you are implying. I never lived on my own (without mom and dad) until I lived with him. So I didn't know how to budget. Especially with just one income. I didn't always keep up on the laundry, or the dishes, or any cleaning for that matter.

Is that better?
Look, you asked "what should I do?" so I'm going to be brutally honest...

Any woman who has had two kids with two different men and never lived apart from her parents until moving in with yet another man has bigger issues than she realizes.

You are focused on all the wrong things here.

It's like your house is on fire and you are in the front yard saying "I think I'll plant daisy's under the kitchen windows"

Why this man agreed to take you off your parents hands and start paying your way through life is a mystery to me, but it indicates he's not making the best of decisions in life either.

And the reality is YOU TWO ARE PARENTS. You have kids watching and learning from all your poor behavior.

You seem to lack basic life skills and mature reasoning abilities. These things can be learned and you are WAY late in learning them. Please focus on getting some help in self development and building self esteem.

Taking care of becoming the best you that you can be is the greatest gift you can give your kids going forward.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:55 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,908,563 times
Quote:
My parents hate my boyfriend. Will it ever work?

They hate him so much, he's banned from their home.

How do I fix this?

It is already working. Do you really want to base what guy you are with on whether or not your parents like him.

They have almost guaranteed that you will want to be with him, since you will be doing it as a way to get back at them for attempting to have that kind of control over your romantic relationships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships