Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 01:14 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaftSpank View Post
My eldest brother just had a child. I went for a visit one of these days and his partner (my SIL for all purposes) asked me if I wanted to hold the baby. I was afraid to hold him because I might drop him but I really liked it when she put him in my arms.

He was sound asleep but I enjoyed playing with his fingers and kissing his head. He's just one week old and I had never held a baby before.

Does this have any effect on my masculinity? Serious question, I don't know how women see these issues.

No need to worry about anything like that, some of the most masculine, manly men I know turn into babbling fools when a baby is close and it gets worse when they have their big arms wrapped around that tiny bundle of human.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 01:14 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
If it were unmanly, humans would have died out long ago .

Real men are very nurturing, and loving, and think babies are adorable!
Actually most men find their niece or nephew or their own baby cute...they kill all other babies...oh wait, maybe that's chimps that do that...

Old 06-26-2014, 01:15 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
If it were unmanly, humans would have died out long ago .

Real men are very nurturing, and loving, and think babies are adorable!
Bad analogy. There are many animals that kill offspring from another male and the species is still thriving.

Old 06-26-2014, 01:15 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
I don't think it's unmanly to find babies cute. However I still don't find babies cute at all. I just don't have a soft spot.

Last edited by The Dissenter; 06-26-2014 at 01:31 PM..

Old 06-26-2014, 01:17 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
My eldest brother just had a child. I went for a visit one of these days and his partner (my SIL for all purposes) asked me if I wanted to hold the baby. I was afraid to hold him because I might drop him but I really liked it when she put him in my arms.

He was sound asleep but I enjoyed playing with his fingers and kissing his head. He's just one week old and I had never held a baby before.

Does this have any effect on my masculinity? Serious question, I don't know how women see these issues.

Why would it have an effect on you masculinity?

I'll tell you what does have an effect on your masculinity, insecurity. It is important to have a good foundation for your masculinity.

Old 06-26-2014, 01:28 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Some babies are really ugly. But in general babies of any species bring out the soft side of humans.
True indeed. Not all babies are cute, but all babies are precious.

OP, no, it isn't "unmanly" to have a soft spot for teeny-tiny humans.

Old 06-26-2014, 01:33 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Is it unwomanly to not find most babies cute?

Old 06-26-2014, 01:36 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,377,273 times
Quote:

Does this have any effect on my masculinity? Serious question
Yes, while you were holding the baby your body began producing estrogen and lowering testosterone levels. You do not know about this effect? I think for every minute of baby holding your body loses 1% testosterone - too much baby holding has been linked to low testosterone levels. You are probably starting to feel the effects of this now. I only hope you didn't hold the baby for too long and your masculinity loss is still reversible.

Old 06-26-2014, 01:52 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:

Does this have any effect on my masculinity? Serious question, I don't know
how women see these issues.
If a woman doesn't find babies cute and doesn't want to hold them does it have any effect on her femininity?

Old 06-26-2014, 01:58 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
If a woman doesn't find babies cute and doesn't want to hold them does it have any effect on her femininity?
Yes it does, she starts growing a penis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships