Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2008, 01:45 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,345,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia160 View Post
My primary concern is that other people reading this thread, especially those with spouses in the military, not assume the worst because their spouse takes doxycycline.
Quite true. Hopefully no one will jump to conclusions. Our Service Members while on deployment can and do come in contact with a variety of diseases that aren't common place in the States, like malaria. Doxycycline is used in the prevention and treatment of this disease.

CMC, I hope that as time goes by you are getting stronger. Don't worry what other people think. Just you worry about yourself and your precious son. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 02:12 PM

134 posts, read 370,128 times
Default He Has It!

Well, like I said in the post, the girl from public health asked him about his marital staus...because your spouses and/or whoever you put on that list HAVE to be contacted to "break the chain of infection" as thy call it.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:21 PM

651 posts, read 1,414,155 times
This whole thing makes me sick. I don't usually get caught up in internet drama, but your situation breaks my heart.

The good news is chlamydia is easy to treat. Let's pray you don't have it and that if you do it's caught early enough to prevent serious complications.

((((((((hugs))))))))) and best wishes.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:32 PM
TCK

166 posts, read 564,199 times
Default Try to calm down

You have so much going on...all in different directions. Take time out for you, don't become sick from all the stress. Half of glass of wine at night, bubble bath, putting on fast music and dancing out the stress. Can you tell I have been there?

He wore a condom, so you should be fine. I would not worry. However if you want to make sure all is okay..wait 3 to 6 months and be tested again
for all STDs. Once cheated on, you wonder if it were that one person or were there others.

All this will pass.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:38 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,362,252 times
That is a good point, he could very well have lied to her. I know when I found out my husband was having an affair, I "accessed" his email and found he had been lying to her as much as he had been lying to me. I don't know that it made me feel much better, just pointed out just how demented he was in the end.

Old 02-01-2008, 07:37 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,605,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcwilliams View Post
Well, like I said in the post, the girl from public health asked him about his marital staus...because your spouses and/or whoever you put on that list HAVE to be contacted to "break the chain of infection" as thy call it.
"The girl from public health" recalls treating him?

Old 02-03-2008, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
"The girl from public health" recalls treating him?

Now the girl form public health doesn't recall treating him. They don't get treated by public health. When someone is tested positive for any type of infectious disease, someone form public health comes in the room at the time of your treatment and they want to know who you have been sleeping with so that they can be contacted, tested and treated. They call it breaking the chain of infection. Now, being that I am a married woman and I am going to the gyn clinic saying that I think I have been exposed to an std and I want to be tested, the first question they are going to ask is by whom. Because I am married and quite naturally the logical answer would be for me to say my spouse. But you see, being as though I am not the dumbest person in the world, I told the health practioner that my husband was taking doxycyline, that I knew he was in an adulterous affair and that I wanted to be treated for stds/hiv. Well that sent off some red flags being as though adultery is frowned upon in the military. They wanted to check his med records and see what he was taking it for they also called public health to see if he had reported to them the name of his spouse, because if he did, someone had messed up by not calling me that very week and telling me to come in for possible exposure. But this is all to answer your question you left in the post. I am clean and free all my test came back negative(THANK THE LORD). I am so over him and that whole situation. I just feel like I kind of hate him. And I know that that is such a strong word but I feel that looming in my heart. I have been assured by my attorney that this divorce should be quick and easy. Community property is a beautiful thing...lol. We have already begun the process of dividing our assets, and from the looks of it I may even be getting one of those brand new Cadillac SRX's which is an upgrade from my little piece of camry I have now...lol...I have a clear head about it and you know..Although our marriage may have been short, I loved that man with all my heart, we had far more good times than bad, I was blessed with a beautiful son, when the doctors told me my chances were slim to none, I have met some great friends via pcs and I am glad to have experienced it...but, when it's time to let it go, it's time to let it go.....He has come to the point where he wants to talk so hopefully we can get an admission even though I have recorded voicemails, and make this finalization as easy and quick as possible.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:24 PM

23,820 posts, read 33,333,344 times
Still keeping you in my thoughts..

Do you think he was taking it for the reasons Maia160 said? It's pretty easy to find out. All you need to do is find a forum where other military post. I know of two I can direct you to. As I mentioned, one just got back from Iraq

Either way, sounds like he did cheat & I don't blame you one bit.

I wish you lots of luck & patience as you start on your division of assets. Sounds like you have a good attorney which is very important.

Give that little miracle of yours a giant hug & kiss.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:05 AM

Unhappy Well, It's Uncontested......

Well, my petition for Divorce on the Grounds of Adultery has been officially filed. My Husband and I use that term lightly, has admitted to this adulterous affair and it is uncontested.......I am so confused, I don't know how this happened right under my nose. I found out the other day that they have an apartment together, and he has been staying there ! But is it really much of a shock? No not at all. But the shocker of this whole thing seems to center around my son. For some reason or another, he has told me that he doesn't believe our son is his and not only does he want a dna test , but that if the test comes back and says that our son is his, that he is considering signing over his parental rights.. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDDING ME?!?!?!?!?? The son that we tried so desperately to have? Me, who after losing other babies, and the doctors told me not to waste my time, I kept trying anyway? You the guy who prayed and prayed for a son and cried like a baby the first time you held him? R U Kidding me? What is wrong with this man, This is soooooooo NOT the man I know and love. I don't know what is going on with him. Some of my friends and family have tried using the old ptsd, and some have said he was just fooling me all along. IDK, I am just hurt. I went out the other night with a couple of my friends, and I ended up drinking way past the point of intoxication, I passed out, and for some odd reason, it felt....good. I felt like I was escaping, if only for a moment, this crazy 360 turn my life has taken in only a cpl of months. I have been in individual counseling for a couple of weeks now, and I have been trying to fight off a mild depression that just won't escape me. I have been in my bible more than ever, It keeps me grounded for the most part, but there certainly are times when I slip, get sad, cry uncontrollably, scream yell and curse. This hurts, this may possibly be one of the worst feelings I have ever felt. I just keep reminding myself that there is a little boy in this situation that needs me. He needs me and if my husband is serious I will be all he's got(with exception to grandparents, etc). How could he do this to me? To Us? To Our Son? The questions are still there, but at this point I don't even think I want an answer. I just want to get it over with....I want peace of mind, I want joy, I want happiness, I want my son and I to have a healthy, fun filled, loving life that will benefit us both and allow us both to grow and learn...That's what I want.........

Old 02-06-2008, 09:16 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,863,273 times
I am so sorry! I can't even imagine what you are going through. I realize that our military men and women go through things we can't imagine when they are deployed but his behavior is just heinous! Be glad you found out now and can move on. If he signs off rights to your child, I'd be glad too. Anyone who can be that callous towards a child doesn't deserve to see them! He probably wouldn't be a good father from this point on if he has said and done the things you have told us. You have shown an amazing strength through this! I'd be in jail for murder if it were me If I were there, I'd give you a big, squishy hug but since I'm not, I'm sending you a cyber hug and good kharma! Keep moving forward and hopefully this will be all be over for you soon so you can begin to heal!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships