Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 01:14 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardlong View Post
cursing at people and smashing your fist on the table because they like different music than you? Wow....
It must've been the alcohol talking. OP needs to dial it back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2014, 01:22 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,378,188 times
IMO, if you are really attracted to someone, their musical taste will make little difference, especially if it is relatively mainstream. Musical snobbery = close-mindedness and pretension - add the overreaction and you appear out of control. Not a good combo for many women. IMO open-minded, down-to-earth, in control men are more attractive.

I happen to listen to jazz, so I'm sure some think my musical taste is odd... I do also like the relatively calm, laid-back coolness generally displayed by jazz musicians/fans though - fits my personality. To me, your swearing/two-fist pounds would indicate a level of over-emotionalness and lack of control I wouldn't find attractive. Maybe your choice of music is making you over stressed?

Old 06-28-2014, 01:53 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
You're not a musical snob, you're a douchebag. Banging your fist is a display of aggression. The fact you did this around women you don't even know well is very troubling. I see domestic violence in your future.
I read it the exact same way. Great minds and all....

Old 06-28-2014, 02:06 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
While sitting at a bar chatting up some decent women they were exposed to musical snobbery and a tantrum. When the subject of Dave Mathews came up I hurled obscenities and banged my fist on the bar 6x. One woman did not flinch she stayed with me through the conversation. The other one made a disapproving horrified gesture and kind of turned away. I then went on to berate Phish, Oar, and jam rock in general. The one blonde chick was kind of fascinated and was listening to me with definite interest. SHe then reintroduced herself and what she did for a living. We had a laugh and I even admitted I should stop being such a musical snob especially when i can't play guitar to save my life. Then she left but made a point to say she would be back another time. There could be something here.
You most likely came off as a jerk.... not saying, just saying....

I'm a food and music snob, but I don't around pounding the table.

Old 06-28-2014, 02:50 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,410,406 times
sounds more like an anger issue

the vast majority of people on earth are programmed and listen to trendy garbage music and watch reality shows feat talentless skeezers

nothing to get worked up about

Old 06-28-2014, 02:55 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
the vast majority of people on earth are programmed and listen to trendy garbage music and watch reality shows feat talentless skeezers
No wonder I don't fit in! lolol!

Old 06-28-2014, 03:34 PM

74 posts, read 125,015 times
LOL funniest post I read all day. If a guy started pounding his fist on the table like a freakin caveman and cursing because he didn't like a particular artist or music playing, there's no way I'd ever want to talk to that guy. What a creep!

Old 06-28-2014, 04:57 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Musical compatibility doesn't matter to me at all.

Public, fist-pounding temper tantrums about dumb, mundane crap would, though.

Old 06-28-2014, 05:53 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
While sitting at a bar chatting up some decent women they were exposed to musical snobbery and a tantrum. When the subject of Dave Mathews came up I hurled obscenities and banged my fist on the bar 6x. One woman did not flinch she stayed with me through the conversation. The other one made a disapproving horrified gesture and kind of turned away. I then went on to berate Phish, Oar, and jam rock in general. The one blonde chick was kind of fascinated and was listening to me with definite interest. SHe then reintroduced herself and what she did for a living. We had a laugh and I even admitted I should stop being such a musical snob especially when i can't play guitar to save my life. Then she left but made a point to say she would be back another time. There could be something here.
What the hell is the matter with you?
Why don't you tell us what kind of music YOU like, Mr. Musical Snob, so we can throw a hissy fit if we don't approve?

Old 06-28-2014, 06:03 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Haha, so you're in your 20's I take it?

I know someone who used to fight over bands and music, even with his gf. He was so weird.

This is another of those "issues" that really aren't. It's too bad people try to make it a point of divisiveness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships